PDA

View Full Version : RAD mfg Carriers Q

JTRtrx250r
03-15-2004, 02:09 PM
How many of you have them and were you able to run the large outter carrier o-rings?

mine says no, along w/ a few others Ive heard from, these guys need to get w/ the program and pull their heads out, their 1/2 assed attempt for the grooves are pretty much useless, what did you guys do to keep the carriers from rotating and eating up the chain and sprockets?? Im not happy and they dont have an email address, Ive also heard they aren't worth the phone call and dont/wont offer any help other than claiming its out of tolarance..which is BS!!:mad:

I shouldnt have to re-cut the grooves, they should fix this prob and not leave it up to the purchaser:rolleyes:

What/ how did it work for you?

Thanks guys!

Colby@C&DRacing
03-15-2004, 02:41 PM
What I would do is put the oring in the groove, rap 1 layer of black electical tape over the oring spread open the swingarm and slide the carrier in. yes you are correct the groove needs to be redesigned.

JTRtrx250r
03-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks C&D, Im gonna give that a try before adding it to the scrap pile, Im pretty frustrated if you cant tell haha;)

Thanks again:cool:

03-15-2004, 03:13 PM
how much you want to sell it for shipped"? how are the bearings inside & does iut have grease zerk or anyything? is it still like new or have you chipped anything off of it?

JTRtrx250r
03-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
how much you want to sell it for shipped"? how are the bearings inside & does iut have grease zerk or anyything? is it still like new or have you chipped anything off of it? Later tonight Im gonna try what C&D said..seems to be the only thing I havent tried yet, if that dont work, I'll give you a yell, it has a zerk on the side and in great shape other than the grooves aren't near deep enough to run the outter o-rings:rolleyes:almost new actually...