PDA

View Full Version : Head Lights

miken
03-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Anyone ever build their own head lights? I am thinking of building a set similar to the Yamaha blaster with 2 round lights and a wrap around tube steel guard. Baja Designs has a kit ($840 LOL) for the 300ex. I've seen some decent auto lights from Walmart (big too), but am unsure if my 300ex electrical can handle any upgrades? Any advise is appreciated,
Mike -

03-15-2004, 12:37 PM
i had two 50w chrome cover with yellow tint lights from walmart that I mounted up on my fenders...if they were constantly on for about 2 hours of riding with my stock headlights it woul drain the battery but then all I had to do is charge it. they were really bright & I loved them but I took them off because I dont ride at night so much anymore...I may put them back on though because spring is coming :p

CoorsMan
07-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey I built my own set of lights that come off during the day. I used 2 8inch Maxtel lights and upgraded them to HID so I could run two. I have some picts some where on my computer I look for them. I used the subframe from BajaDesign. I'm in the middle fabin' a new light ring.

IF u like to ride at night run HID lights they are the best.

Coorsman

RH1N08d9
07-14-2004, 09:38 PM
hey coorsman, could you describe HID a little more please, I have heard of them, but is HID a brand or a type of light that many brands carry? I want some inexpensive, but fairly bright lights for my ex, and the $15 yellow tint lights I had from walmart sucked!

CoorsMan
07-14-2004, 09:53 PM
if u have $1000 u can have a set of lights like I have. HID stands for H igh I ntensity D ischarge. there are alot that say HID "like"

but if u really want true HID then u are going to fork out alot of $$$$$$.

if u look at Baja Designs light systems, I have the subframe that
stays on the bike, (mounts to the top of the shock tower uses shock bolts. and the other half mount using the top bumper bolts. ) there are four taps that have rubber gromments where the light frame ( where the lights are held in) slides into and u pin the top and plug it in. and take off riding.
I'm in the process of making a new light frame when I have a chance.

I hope that helped any other questions let me know

might take a little bit to get back to u busy at work.

RH1N08d9
07-16-2004, 08:34 PM
alright, thanks coorsman! I have seen the true HID's, but I've never known if there were "knock-off" hid's. my friends friend had a really nice longtravel buggy with 6 of the HID's on it, and that was bright.

blastermaster14
06-06-2006, 09:20 AM
hey coorsman can u send me some pics of the lights u made thanks :)

fwm416ex
06-06-2006, 04:47 PM
baja designs hid lighting,not cheap.
But they are awesome
They will light up a jumbo jet five miles high.If you really need to see at night these are it

Halter
06-06-2006, 07:22 PM
them lights look like they blind someone!!

jsmith2232
06-08-2006, 09:22 AM
About how much are those lights and where can you get them from?

Flyin-Low
06-12-2006, 05:21 PM
I dont do much night riding but i would imagine that these lights i bought from canadian tire would give plenty light along with the stock light. For little things they give tons of light. They have 20w hallogen bulbs.

I think they look awsome too :D

PolarisRider
06-12-2006, 07:31 PM
50watt bulbs:cool: