PDA

View Full Version : I have a couple ???

dirtmomma
03-15-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey I'm thinking about selling a couple of my quads & getting a YFZ but I have a few ?? 1st off I'll be flattracking it mainly, I'm wondering about lowering it, I want it pretty much slammed to the ground, would I need lowering kits or can you adjust the shocks (sorry if I sound dumb but never had fancy shocks LOL) does it have a dogbone on the rear like the 400ex?? If I get one I can guarantee I won't have any $$ for alot of aftermarket stuff to start off w/ Is it adjustable at all?? What bolt pattern are the wheels?? If anyone can help i would appreciate it ;)

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-15-2004, 12:37 PM
You can lower it a little bit, but not nearly enough for any kind of serious tt racing. you would need a lowering kit, but you could get one for about $125 or so on ebay. fronts are 4/156, rear is 4/115 ;)

dirtmomma
03-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
You can lower it a little bit, but not nearly enough for any kind of serious tt racing. you would need a lowering kit, but you could get one for about $125 or so on ebay. fronts are 4/156, rear is 4/115 ;)

Thanks Rippin ;) yeah I'm pretty much at a stand still right now not sure what to do :confused: gonna maybe go look closer @ one @ our sponsors & check some stuff out on it. I hate to get rid of my 300 cuz my son was gonna run it next year along w/ the blaster. I'm thinkin maybe I should just put a cam & rockers in mine & be happy w/ that!! I haven't even had it a year yet :o we also have a 600 motor we could throw in it if worst comes to worse :devil:

CTmxyfz
03-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Why rig something where you could get a kick *** yfz? I think if you soften them all the way. They might work. or use the blaster shocks on it. they fit.

dirtmomma
03-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
Why rig something where you could get a kick *** yfz? I think if you soften them all the way. They might work. or use the blaster shocks on it. they fit.

Are you the same one who just said you weren't gonna ship it?? I don't know if I'll be able to get what I need outta my kodiak & 300 to go get one unfortunetly :( if I was working it would be a different story but I'm just a stay @ home Mom for now. NOW if I get a job here soon (yes I'm looking) then I will go get one & make pymts guess I"ll just have to see how things go

CTmxyfz
03-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Im not the seller of the blue one. I already own one. You must have not seen it. Umm. people have thrown yfz shocks on blasters so i think you could use banshee or blaster shocks to lower it. Its up to you.