PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Sneak Preview Show Pics

TroyLeePred03
03-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Well today at our shop we had over 500 people there for a 2005 Polaris Snowmobile Sneak Peak show.....i took only a few pictures because the amount of people that showed up was far more than we aniticipated and i spent most of my time showing the features of the new sleds and explaining my new race sled but i managed to get a few pics....the last picture is of a polaris ranger 4x4 with mattracs litefoot atv track kit...the entire setup(ranger with tracks) is $13,000....it will go anywhere and over anything, its one of the best offroad vehicles ive driven, it has roughly 2 to 2 1/2 feet of ground clearance but neways i took a picture of the front of the shop at the start of the show and took some pics of the sled on the stand....enjoy :nod: ....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p174f9c0c7e04feef43ffd4060b94f53b/f957b632.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/padf1ce73cbb33d239123b25ab3c34f71/f957b635.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/pbd734a66ef7c6778eb88c698c152ae8d/f957b62f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p59e121e2957977cdcdb055ccd1f40f6b/f957b37a.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/pde2d39fd6118a675a89013213507aed2/f957b481.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p4ca6e714e7cf9a64151209f968092a78/f957b47f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p4e8958848d53719799f9f8aebb02fe1c/f957b47e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p4a7b3fe473e5d50af172bf3748bc1308/f957b377.jpg

400EX_Kid_03
03-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Those are some kick *** sleds man! And that Ranger is pretty sick looking!

03-14-2004, 10:34 PM
too bad winter is almost finished

Disaster
03-14-2004, 10:49 PM
That ranger looks bad *****....

hondarider2006
03-14-2004, 11:46 PM
nice lookin ranger....did you get to see the new RMK 900 twin...and all of the new '05 sled, or just that Pro X???

ny300exrider
03-15-2004, 04:46 AM
ahh i want a sled so bad but i just cant see spenidng the money and only using it for a couple months.sick sleds there though

03-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Were's the tires at on them things:confused:

ReconRider25
03-15-2004, 02:04 PM
im just shaking my head in disgust looking at all those poo's. and wheres the pics of that ugly arse fusion?:p

250EXking
03-15-2004, 02:29 PM
that ranger has some freaking high *** ground clearance. man.:eek2:

rollie
03-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Disaster
That ranger looks bad *****....

2001400ex
03-15-2004, 03:40 PM
I love the 440's aah what I would do to have one:D

jb500ex
03-15-2004, 07:19 PM
real men ride ARCTIC CAT

2001400ex
03-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Cats have definitely got it goin on this year...this year and last year I definitely think they are top dog...but Doo has got that new Mach 1000 out...and Polaris got the 900 Fusion...things are going to be interesting this year. Let's just not start a flame war over brands jb;)

ralph2
03-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
real men ride ARCTIC CAT

NO REAL MEN RIDE SKIDOO;) :blah:

2001400ex
03-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Every brand has got a top dawg out now...

Poo: Fusion and the PRO XR
Doo: REV AND MACH
CAT: ZR900 and the F7
YAMI: RX1 (it's not time for the 4 strokes yet...especially since Doo came out with the MACH 1000 2 stroke)

ReconRider25
03-15-2004, 08:06 PM
i dk what ur talking bout but arctic cats the best. period. i just gotta start saving for a new sled for next year since i sold mine.....lol.

03-15-2004, 08:20 PM
acually your 50% of the time wrong...you think honda is the best atv brand...:huh

Nausty
03-15-2004, 08:27 PM
how good of power does that ranger have w/ those tracks? Is it pretty decent?

I dunno much about those sleds but they look pretty nice!

TroyLeePred03
03-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
how good of power does that ranger have w/ those tracks? Is it pretty decent?

I dunno much about those sleds but they look pretty nice! gears it down 1/3....its not made to go fast its made to go through anything and it does:cool: .....a regular ranger with no tracks does 40+mph

TroyLeePred03
03-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
Every brand has got a top dawg out now...

Poo: Fusion and the PRO XR
Doo: REV AND MACH
CAT: ZR900 and the F7
YAMI: RX1 (it's not time for the 4 strokes yet...especially since Doo came out with the MACH 1000 2 stroke) its not time for 4 strokes yet? ya for yamaha cuz their's blow ***...try the arctic cat t660 4 stroke turbo.....its on a low boost setting and it kills! if u bump the compression, open the exhaust a little, new cams, and turned the turbo boost up a little youll have one bad arse sled that nothing could touch, its amazing the technology, the rx-1 doesnt have any usable power till around 60-70 mph thats when it starts to hit, but 90% of the time u are not in that range for that power and still at 60-70 u can still pull up with the arctic cat and put it to the bars and itll haul *** to around 115-120 and it dies off because its only a little 660 but it smokes the competitio...period!....as for cats zr 900 it sucks its still in the old zr chassis, and no one bought them this year we have like 4 left over and so do all the other dealers around...the hottest sled is the 4 stroke turbo....the firecats are ok still they need work with more factory prep, before the customer gets the sled the dealer, after uncrating, still has to perform about 5-6 updates, drop out the bellypan, drain the oil, bleed the oil pump, put it on one ski run it shut it off start it bleed the pump add the sound deadoning kit, and if its got red skis the red skis are junk they need to be replaced:rolleyes: ....the fusion is going to be one of the top sleds...the only problem is they only offered it in a 900:rolleyes: if it had of came in a 600 they would have been the hottest thing on the market for sure, u wouldnt be able to see one on the showroom theyd be all gone....but im guessing next year u will see a slimming of the xc sp lineup and a switch to the EFI motors and fusion chassis, and u mentioned the pro-xr which does not exhist for the 2005 lineup there is no more pro-x's for 2005....i do not know what they will call the new race sled i only saw a few glimpses of it i will be seeing it in person soon tho and our rider just applied to get the 2005 race sled the pictures in this were taken and sent in with his 2005 race resume.....as far as ski doo goes, the revs suck u hear so much praise about them but ive talked to a lot and i mean a lot of guys that hate them, they owned one and got rid of it, the riding style isnt good for long distance or cruising its all race style, and they are a ***** to work on, and ive heard of a number of people that blew them up doing normal trail riding, the mach's arent anything special the whole ski doo approach to everything these days seems to constantly fail them more then do them any good at least polaris and arctic cat attract people to their lineup and new ideas not scare them away like ski doo with new riding positions and hard to work on sleds, even with the rev's side pannels trust me they are a ***** to work on the firecats pretty easy and the fusion is simple, besides they tucked the EFI down pretty deep but hopefully we wont have to touch that...as for yamaha, they have a good style and design, but the functionality of the sleds isnt there...their motors are crap like i said theres no trail riding power in the rx-1 , of course its nice ya but its got the power of a 340 fan cooled out of corners, meanwhile u have the 900 fusion that hits like a rocket out of corners along with the f7 efi, my point is i think ski doo and yamaha lost their markets they used to have, i see more ex-ski-doo loyalists then new riders, and i see more and more guys comming into our shop wanted to trade their grand tourings in for an arctic cat t 660 turbo touring sled, by the way i explained how insanely fast it is compared to the other 4 strokes and a number of the 2 strokes, and it still gets a good 25+miles per gallon, and there is no need to buy oil, besides it needs an oil change after every season but the motor is taken from european race cars which see upwards of 100,000 miles with no problems and do the regular 2,000 miles for an oil change and could go more if needed....TLP

2001400ex
03-16-2004, 06:51 PM
I agree with that 100%. Everyone spanks the RX-1 up to about...100MPH then the RX-1 walks away from them like they're standing still, at least with the Firecats, sooner witht he REVs I'd imagine as they only top out at like 100-110 (for the 600's)

The only thing I didn't say anything about the T660 turbo was because I belive it's more of a utility touring/trail sled...I don't know too much about it though because I've never checked it out...all I know is it's a 4 stroke turbo.

Also I don't really know what Polaris was thinking making the Fusion in just a 900. The only thing I can think of is that after hearing so many complaints they are going to unwillingly make a Fusion 600, or come out with a totally different sled for the 600 class...

Also for the PRO XR's they have the Orange PRO XR and the 600cc one or whatever, unless those are the 2004 models...I don't even know...but that orange PRO XR is amazing...

For the REV's; I've heard the same thing, alot of people say that it cramps your legs, but I guess you're supposed to stand up once in a while on the REV too and not just sit there and take it...I like the REV's alot because I am almost a perfect fit on them...I think I'm about 5'7-5'9 150...

TroyLeePred03
03-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
I agree with that 100%. Everyone spanks the RX-1 up to about...100MPH then the RX-1 walks away from them like they're standing still, at least with the Firecats, sooner witht he REVs I'd imagine as they only top out at like 100-110 (for the 600's)

The only thing I didn't say anything about the T660 turbo was because I belive it's more of a utility touring/trail sled...I don't know too much about it though because I've never checked it out...all I know is it's a 4 stroke turbo.

Also I don't really know what Polaris was thinking making the Fusion in just a 900. The only thing I can think of is that after hearing so many complaints they are going to unwillingly make a Fusion 600, or come out with a totally different sled for the 600 class...

Also for the PRO XR's they have the Orange PRO XR and the 600cc one or whatever, unless those are the 2004 models...I don't even know...but that orange PRO XR is amazing...

For the REV's; I've heard the same thing, alot of people say that it cramps your legs, but I guess you're supposed to stand up once in a while on the REV too and not just sit there and take it...I like the REV's alot because I am almost a perfect fit on them...I think I'm about 5'7-5'9 150...
the pro-xr's are the 2004 sleds...trust me they do not make them for 2005, the cut 15 sleds off their production line in order to more satisfy the dealers, because they offered so many different things it was hard for us dealers to keep things in stock and satisfy customers with a perfect sled, unless they had snow-checked it with all the options they wanted....yes the pro-xr 800 is the most amazing sled i **** myself when i tried it out, we actualy just sold our last one, OTD for $11,000 + tax we had so many offers for it finally we got one over msrp and ran with that offer lol....we also just sold the carry over brand new 2003 pro-xr 440 we had, and i just purchased the 2004 used race sled from the rider we sponsor, its in great shape and has all the updates and has many things strengthened so its a solid machine that has beeen very well maintained, under the hood is almost spotless!....yes many people do not know much about the 4 stroke turbo, and its a real trail performance sled! its comfertable yet fun and fast for any kind of rider u could throw an inexperienced rider on it and they could handle it or u could throw a pro or expert rider on and they would be throttle happy all day long....its really a shock to go from the regular 4 stroke 660 to the turbo 660 4 stroke....as far as the fusion goes i believe they will create a 600 efi to put into the chassis, they fit the 440 motor in their, i havent gotten all the specs just a quick glimpse of it and saw it race....yes exactly, but i mean a lot of people want long distance comfort on trail sleds and be able to get up and get agressive on the same machine, the fusion with its new rider positioning system , allows many different riding styles to fall in love with it, the rev u have one comfertable position, standing, of course the wanna-bee racers all love it they think they are ****in blair morgan out there on the trails which exactly isnt the coolest thing cuz blair morgans a loser in the first place, fame and money got to his head, but theres guys out their digging the trails up and causing accidents cuz they think the trails are a race track....the pro-xr's are not a very comfertable long distance unless your used to high bars, but they are more designed for ditch banging and moderate distances, no long hauls....TLP

2001400ex
03-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees all of these Blair Morgan wannabes out in the trails causing accidents because they think they're in the Winter X...hey if you get some pictures of the Fusion post 'em up!

ReconRider25
03-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees all of these Blair Morgan wannabes out in the trails causing accidents because they think they're in the Winter X...hey if you get some pictures of the Fusion post 'em up!

i dont know how u can like this thing.:confused: its soo ugly and ive been hearing bad reviews on it.

http://pi54.com//Snowmobiles/Gallery/05_900Fusion_02_lg.jpg
http://pi54.com//Snowmobiles/Gallery/05_900Fusion_16_lg.jpg

2001400ex
03-17-2004, 02:05 PM
I like the design of the sled alot, the overall shape makes it look mean and I've heard it's preety fast. The only thing I DON'T like is the headlights. They need to be redesigned...maybe angled up like the Firecat's. They need to blow out the sides of the windsheild too for your hands or just make a race one that is real short. I don't really like that windsheild.

Fleshwound
03-17-2004, 02:39 PM
TroyLeePred who the hell are you to say that Blair Morgan is a loser?...man do you even ride sleds?...the god dam fusion is a rev copy, glad to see the poos finally got rid of those kife trailing arms...you say the rev is a "race only" sled and not good for long trips, buddy i went on a 8 day trip through northern quebec and the guys riding the poos and cats were the ones whining at the end of the day with a sore back...the 5 guys on revs were ready to go another 100k...Ski-doo has certainly revolutionized the snowmobile industry, thats the only way to put it...all the sleds are going more rider forward with their ergonomics...
hahaha you also said that "the whole ski doo approach to everything these days seems to constantly fail", lol this is funny cause Ski-doo has takin over the #1 spot in the market share!
Sure there are snowmobile inthusiasts out there that have traded the rev in, thats just because of the drastic difference in the way you ride it....for anyone who has a dirt bike or quad riding background the rev is the sled for them and they will be able to ride a lot faster and in control more then they would on a conventional snowmobile. Whats with polaris and this new "cleanfire injection"...thats straight from skidoos sdi....
also polaris had to buy the electronic reverse from skidoo...
just facts and first hand experience!

you guys dont deal with Ski-doo do you.lol

jb500ex
03-17-2004, 03:24 PM
i have the 2005 t660st and you should look at peoples faces after we race. the thing flies, and i can't wait until my F-7 comes in. by the way the fusion got a bad right up on maximum sledder they said it was disappointing. but thats what poo does best

ReconRider25
03-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Fleshwound,
blair morgan IS a loser. he pushes people and knocks them off the tracks to win. he cant win by racing clean. now im just wondering when hibberts gonna come back to sleds......theres a racer.;)

TroyLeePred03
03-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
Fleshwound,
blair morgan IS a loser. he pushes people and knocks them off the tracks to win. he cant win by racing clean. now im just wondering when hibberts gonna come back to sleds......theres a racer.;) i used to be good friends with hibbert from when he raced RMR a few times.....blair was cool then the money and fame got to his head:o should have taken lessons from hibbert who wasnt affected by fame and money, he should do good in MX he said he will return for the x-games to beat morgan every year:eek2: lol and did u notice blair morgans a cocky *******....ya u have dont lie...and he cried when he lost the x-games this year, wat a *****:rolleyes:

TroyLeePred03
03-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
i have the 2005 t660st and you should look at peoples faces after we race. the thing flies, and i can't wait until my F-7 comes in. by the way the fusion got a bad right up on maximum sledder they said it was disappointing. but thats what poo does best thats wat im talking about! the turbo 660 is a crazzy sled arctic cat totally shocked me with it!

TroyLeePred03
03-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Fleshwound
TroyLeePred who the hell are you to say that Blair Morgan is a loser?...man do you even ride sleds?...the god dam fusion is a rev copy, glad to see the poos finally got rid of those kife trailing arms...you say the rev is a "race only" sled and not good for long trips, buddy i went on a 8 day trip through northern quebec and the guys riding the poos and cats were the ones whining at the end of the day with a sore back...the 5 guys on revs were ready to go another 100k...Ski-doo has certainly revolutionized the snowmobile industry, thats the only way to put it...all the sleds are going more rider forward with their ergonomics...
hahaha you also said that "the whole ski doo approach to everything these days seems to constantly fail", lol this is funny cause Ski-doo has takin over the #1 spot in the market share!
Sure there are snowmobile inthusiasts out there that have traded the rev in, thats just because of the drastic difference in the way you ride it....for anyone who has a dirt bike or quad riding background the rev is the sled for them and they will be able to ride a lot faster and in control more then they would on a conventional snowmobile. Whats with polaris and this new "cleanfire injection"...thats straight from skidoos sdi....
also polaris had to buy the electronic reverse from skidoo...
just facts and first hand experience!

you guys dont deal with Ski-doo do you.lol who the hell am i to say it? its called ive ridden with him before and knew him when he wasnt a cocky prick, like i said earlier money and fame got to his head like a lot of guys in the racing scene, ive been around sleds my whole life, i kno what im talking about;) the fusion isnt a rev copy, it took styling from a few different things, with some polaris style, most of us at the dealer show thought firecat before rev, wat did it take from the rev? lol not really anything, the front suspension was based on blade's designs, i heard one of the blade designers worked with polaris on the front end, wat other sled has the rider positioning system? none u can sit back and cruise, get in the control position, or the sno-x style "attack" position, the rev is uncomfertable for any sled rider, u need to get used to it, and 8 days ya but do u ride 10-12 hours a day? no if u did u wouldnt be walking, the rev is nice for ditch banging but for comfort and long hauls:o no thanks, i didnt say it was race only wat i meant was its meant for short rides and screwing off, ditch banging etc....another 100k so how many miles did u do in 8 days?ski doo didnt revolutionize dick, ad boivin and blade did....blade is the snowmobile version of cannondale they have high priced models with all the innovations of the future production sleds, look at redline, when u see sleds start going to that design wat is ski doo gonna copy that too and make out like it was their idea? the blades use polaris motors, and how funny a rev when it came out looked like a blade:confused: all sleds are going more forward, yes, arctic cat started the rider forward first they used to have the bar risers angled a little more forward then everyone else on their older sno-pros, they actualy started using them on the zr's before the rev came out, polaris did it with their pro-x line too......yes ski doo was #1 for the past year because polaris failed to release their new sled they held it another year, this comming year you will see polaris back at the top again, and how come polaris was at the top for so long it took ski-dooo a loonngggg time to get #1:eek2: and no because any sno-x sled will be comfertable for any quad or dbike racer......the cleanfire injection came out of polaris's watercraft which coicidentally has been out for a while and has been tested for quite a while in watercraft before ski-doo had theirs, and polaris bought the reverse to keep ski-doo quiet cuz they didnt want hassle, ski doo stole the idea themselves, its an old idea, there was a car in the 60s u used to shut off the car and turn the key the opposite way and the motor spun the other way and that was your reverse, there was also another old snowmobile from the 60s or 70s that spun the motor the other way for reverse, the only thing different is the electronic cutout of the ignition, and they took it when they bought the OMC marine line which has the electronic reverse, it wasnt "ski-doo's" original idea....TLP

Fleshwound
03-18-2004, 04:37 PM
hahaha i love it...so now you used to ride with blair, so maybe your just jelous now...lol. and for the other guy who said he races cheap, obviously you dont race. People hit eachother all the time, i have seen blair get smoked in the back by his teamate do you think he ment that?...thats racing man, it happens. Anyway what can i say you wrote a dang novel in this thread. Your just stating all these facts i could do the same thing. your chosing wich facts to tell and so am i. All i really got mad at was when you said that "ski-doo has failed". And that is wrong by a long shot. also you say that polaris will regain the #1 spot in the market with this fusion, well time will tell. But im willing to bet that ski-doo will be the company to beat for a long time to come. Oh yeah i dont give a dam if some car had that electronic reverse technology, who put it in a sled first. Yeah look at the fusions spindles almost identical, look at a side view and riding position. Have you seen the polaris ads making fun of the rev and the riding position and they say their xp is much better. Then they come out with the fusion and it is way more rider forward. I also like the arctic cat ad that was on the next page stating, "Polaris often criticizes what they dont understand, Technology for example"...
hahaha you say that i wasnt riding for 10-12 hours a day?...man who the hell does? especially when your going for 8 days. After that long you will be sore no matter what machine your on. By the sounds of it i guess im not worthy, but we put on 1700 miles that trip. The only sleds that had a problem was the arctic cat and a polaris.
I cant remember what else you said so thats good for now.

Fleshwound
03-18-2004, 04:39 PM
oh yeah i must say that ad boivin has by fair the nicest suspension out there and they have amazing machines.
But since when were we talking about them, im talking about the main snowmobile companies here.

jb500ex
03-18-2004, 05:20 PM
fleshwound i have seen more then a fair share of rev's broken down this year in old forge, but i have definately seen more polaris's then anything. i have never had a problem with my cat. and the new seating position on the F-7 is great. the rev's are to forward and it does bother you after a long ride. that is why i am staying with cat i was going too buy a rev but did not like it after a long ride, i thought i was going too tip over all the time. plus the F-7 just dominates speed wise. my t660 will give all doo's a run

Fleshwound
03-18-2004, 05:30 PM
yeah it does feel tippy at first. but once you learn to control the ski lift at a couple inches off the ground you can rail around the corners. but some people like yourself like the cat style and thats cool, there is a major difference. whatever you feel comfortable with i guess. all i know is that nobody can keep up to me a my buddy on our revs in the twisties. we find em a lot like our quads.

jb500ex
03-18-2004, 06:46 PM
i love this snowmobile talk

Bobbs07
03-18-2004, 07:03 PM
I must say that whoever has actually seen a Polaris fusion 440 and 900 ridden on a snocross track and up close and say it looks cool was the same person saying he love the 300 pound fat chick with greasy hair and butt crack hanging out...:eek2: :huh

Polaris waited too long to change their style, and when they did, it was too late and looked like they copied the revs but made it uglier, and took some looks from the firecats also.. It was good to see they finally got rid of that stupid trailing arm.

2001400ex
03-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Bobbs07
It was good to see they finally got rid of that stupid trailing arm.

So glad that other people agree with me...it also saves space in trailers when you don't have that stupid thing there...as well as making any sled look much nicer.

and jb: www.hardcoresledder.com if you love sled talk.

jb500ex
03-19-2004, 05:36 AM
2001400ex. im already a member there. thanks though

2001400ex
03-19-2004, 07:46 AM
NP man.