PDA

View Full Version : dynojet kit for 300ex

ky300ex
03-14-2004, 08:35 PM
I rejetted my carb today for the 1st time going by the instructions that came with the dynojet kit.I used the stage 1 instructions(my only mod is supertrapp complete exhaust,stock filter and airbox lid is still on) and it said to use main jet 118 for areas below 3000 feet with an aftermarket exhaust.Isn't the stock jet size 122 on a 300ex?I thought since my quad was running lean that i should have to go up a few sizes on the main jet instead of going down.Could it be that the 118 jet in the dynojet kit is actually larger in size than the stock jet?
The quad seems to be running better from idle through full throttle after rejetting ,but the 118 jet just seems a little small when i see guys on here that are using 130-132 jets.

Tigman
03-19-2004, 07:14 PM
I thought the same thing when I did mine. The sizes are different. I have a fmf powercore 4 and a k&n. I used the 118 and I was still running realy lean. So I put in the 124 and was going to work my way down but it was a perfect tan with a tiny bit of gray. I am under 3000 ft near Pittsburgh. The K&N made a significant difference also.