PDA

View Full Version : those with fatbars...

jmoney45
03-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Where did you mount the engine light and keyswitch, provided you didn't remove them?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-15-2004, 09:41 AM
You can get a trail tech clam and that will hold your key and light.

kgbg
03-15-2004, 09:43 AM
I mounted the key in the plastic (fender) just tothe side of the hood (right side). I mounted the temp indicator light, onthe top of the fender plastic (jsut below the bars) left side.

aces high33
03-15-2004, 09:50 AM
I drilled a hole in the front cover, popped the red bulb cover out, nestled the rubber around the hole like it was on that cheesy key switch mount and then pushed the red cover back into the rubber. Light relocated. Cut the key switch out of that same cheesy cover and throw it out (keep that sweet little Honda Logo- REPRESENT!) and then snake it along side the top left frame rail. Hide it under the gas tank/in back of the shroud and use a peice of rubber and two black zip ties. Now the key is hidden. Or just hide the key switch in the garbage and jump the red and black wire. TRX450R is the man. He can tell you all about wiring (MUCH RESPECT). He is a tech.

jmoney45
03-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing

Would I still be able to use my pad? I have the T2's and I like the look of the pad.

aces high33
03-15-2004, 01:53 PM
I have the T2's also. I used the universal kit because I am trying not to cluter the controls. Besides its cheaper. Then put the pad on to protect your nads my dear boy.:eek2:

holeshot19
03-15-2004, 03:50 PM
i ziptie my key under the hood and done away with the hot light

the Z Man
03-15-2004, 09:37 PM
I zip tied my ignition to my clutch cable cluster in the front and the hot light I put on the left side so it is visible when I ride. it looks trick

2004TRX450R
03-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing

Trail Tech doesn't have them ready yet. I just got the very first set of clamps they have sold but they weren't completely ready yet. They are haveing them engraved with TRX450R. Mine doesn't have that and I told him I didn't care if it said that or not so I just got them. He didn't have the covers with the light and switch mounts done yet so I am still waiting on that. I jsut took them off all together for now. I had a spare connector at work that just happened to be the same as the on on the key switch so I wired a jumper wire between the black and red wires and hooked my kill switch to the two for the key switch and plugged it in. No cutting or hacking into wires and it looks like it came that way!:D

kazpr
03-17-2004, 03:41 AM
I just zip tied mine onto the bottom side of the steering stem. Looks kinda cool does not stick out.