PDA

View Full Version : sprockets!

Ryan-WB440ex
03-07-2002, 12:47 AM
i run the mods in my signiture and usally ride trails and dirt/gravel pits and quarry's I was wondering if I should use different gearing. any suggestions? also i plan to run a TT later this year and there are a couple MX tracks near hereI will be hitting as well.

ChadEXer
03-07-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Ryan-WB440ex
i run the mods in my signiture and usally ride trails and dirt/gravel pits and quarry's I was wondering if I should use different gearing. any suggestions? also i plan to run a TT later this year and there are a couple MX tracks near hereI will be hitting as well.
Well you can see in my sig the mods I USED to have. I have experimented with just about all the gearing and for some reason stock always worked best for me. I went to a 16t up front and it seemed too high. A 14t up front seems too low. I like the stock gearing best!! Everyone is probably going to have a different opinion though!!

R-Crazy
03-07-2002, 09:44 AM
ilike my 300 with one above

dave

400MXer
03-07-2002, 04:48 PM
well it all depends on the tracks your running at.....chances are, on a TT track you'll want to gear it high for high speeds....as for MX tracks, it depends on what type of track it is, for tight technical tracks, low gearing would work good so you can get more torque and you don't need high speeds.....on huge spread out tracks, you'll want to find a happy medium between high speeds and good pull out of corners and starts.

i'm not sure about trail riding though because i do very little trail riding.