PDA

View Full Version : How Many Agree With Me ?????

jeffro88
03-14-2004, 05:48 PM
I have a pretty keen idea ..... who agrees with me ??
I think that anyone on this site who is under 18 should have their user ID in big,bold letters...or in a different color...at least something that stands out from the rest. Hear me out.....
How many members have had the same experience ??
You post a quad for sale...say hypothetically a 400ex for 3 grand. Of course you'll get a ton of emails asking for pics and information on it. Most of those requests are just curious but inevitably there will be a couple that sound serious. So let's say one of the members emails asking for this and that...and you answer every email because you really need to sell it. You email back and forth over and over and just when you think you have a time and a place set up to meet for them to look at it....they email back one last time to say "Sorry,my parents won't bring me down to see the 400ex and I don't have my drivers license yet". So out of curiousity you look...and the same guy has been posting to every single one of the quads 4 sale on the forum. Just check it out....it's pretty common. To the kids it's probably just fun...but to the seller it's unbelievable aggravation.If there was a way to distinguish the kids from the rest...I think a TON of headaches could be prevented.

LMK what you think ?? Agree ....... or disagree ????

batgeek
03-14-2004, 05:52 PM
age discrimination is uncool.

there are some very mature and intelligent 18 and under kids on this site. too bad they are the minority.

i'd really like to see your suggestion applied to the idiots and annoying pricks on this board personally.

Toadz400
03-14-2004, 06:01 PM
I agree with batgeek, I'm 15 and I haven't been TOO immature on this site;) .

But whenever there is something about a business deal going down between two people with quads, I always have it checked over with my parents and they have agreed, that way I don't say in the middle of it "oops...my dad won't let me sell it because blah blah". The same goes for when I talk to other members about buying things. And 90% of the time it's with my money that I get from working every week.

Bobbs07
03-14-2004, 06:04 PM
I think its bogus sometimes, but i dont agree with the big bold letters. I have got excited before of a possible trade or sell, but the only reason it couldnt happen is because of location. I just think the only problem with all these sales not happening is becuz people live half way across the country.

lil400exman
03-14-2004, 06:05 PM
ahahah dude thats just a few gimps! i have dealt so much on this site that i dont think its fair i mean: 400ex,250R,xr200,Yz125,250R frame shocks and much more laegers junk not including everything i sold:devil: so deal with them as they come and betgeek thanks dude!;) :macho

400exrider555
03-14-2004, 06:12 PM
i dont think that that should happen at all, they should just get banned or i dunno.......im one of the under 18 kids and if i did somthin stupid liek that my bro wud kick my ***** for being an *****

rollie
03-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

there are some very mature and intelligent 18 and under kids on this site.

yeah there is and alot of them you wouldnt no they are under 18 unless you asked them!

Atreyu
03-14-2004, 06:16 PM
There are some immature people over 18 on this site too. And yes, the mature group under 18 on here is the minority.

2001400ex
03-14-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm under 18...I'm 16. Personally, I've never done that because I know it's like a blue-ball for the seller, and I wouldn't want it to happen to me. I never try to flame anyone or push anyone's buttons, I try to act mature here or on any other board...

However, I really think that if you have this tag, some people may not take you as serioussly as if you were 18 years old. I can see why you would say that though. To prevent it to happening to you (if it hasn't already) I think you should ask the person(s) that are interested in your quad how old they are.

brian-250
03-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I agree with batgeek, I'm 15 and I haven't been TOO immature on this site;) .

lmao same here!!!

416exmx
03-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by jeffro88
I have a pretty keen idea ..... who agrees with me ??
I think that anyone on this site who is under 18 should have their user ID in big,bold letters...or in a different color...at least something that stands out from the rest. Hear me out.....
How many members have had the same experience ??
You post a quad for sale...say hypothetically a 400ex for 3 grand. Of course you'll get a ton of emails asking for pics and information on it. Most of those requests are just curious but inevitably there will be a couple that sound serious. So let's say one of the members emails asking for this and that...and you answer every email because you really need to sell it. You email back and forth over and over and just when you think you have a time and a place set up to meet for them to look at it....they email back one last time to say "Sorry,my parents won't bring me down to see the 400ex and I don't have my drivers license yet". So out of curiousity you look...and the same guy has been posting to every single one of the quads 4 sale on the forum. Just check it out....it's pretty common. To the kids it's probably just fun...but to the seller it's unbelievable aggravation.If there was a way to distinguish the kids from the rest...I think a TON of headaches could be prevented.

LMK what you think ?? Agree ....... or disagree ????

i kinda agree, but i dont also... i have sold alot of stuff on here and have had good luck. i know what you mean by the pm's and e-mails that never go anywhere. if i am selling a big item, anymore i just give them my phone number and if they are serious enough to call then it must be legit. i can go through the names and pick out the dreamers like you are talking about. Now, i dont agree with you because the primary point of this site is not to sell things. that is what ebay is for. i have moved most of my selling business over there because it is less of a hassle.

Fred55
03-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I dont think that would be a very good idea either.....o BTW try to guess how old I am!

Atreyu
03-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
i kinda agree, but i dont also... i have sold alot of stuff on here and have had good luck. i know what you mean by the pm's and e-mails that never go anywhere. if i am selling a big item, anymore i just give them my phone number and if they are serious enough to call then it must be legit. i can go through the names and pick out the dreamers like you are talking about. Now, i dont agree with you because the primary point of this site is not to sell things. that is what ebay is for. i have moved most of my selling business over there because it is less of a hassle.

Did you check the PM's I sent you?

xr50layke
03-14-2004, 06:47 PM
maybe you should post on your threads a "must be 18" requirement :rolleyes: just because a kid cant drive doesnt mean his parents wont buy him a quad, where do you think most kids' quads come from?

416exmx
03-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
Did you check the PM's I sent you?

haha, yeah i got tired of answering them... i bet i had 25 pm's today... you can only reply to them every 60seconds so i answered a few then took a break...

roostin_dale
03-14-2004, 06:52 PM
i totally disagree with you! I am only 15 and i have sold at least $1,000 of stuff on here and a 4-wheeler..i have also bought a quad off of here...I have more knowledge about quads/racing than some adults on here...

JDiablo
03-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
i totally disagree with you! I am only 15 and i have sold at least $1,000 of stuff on here and a 4-wheeler..i have also bought a quad off of here...I have more knowledge about quads/racing than some adults on here...

yea he is informational^^^:) ...but yea i get what some of you are trying to say...that is why if i do back out of a deal im straight up honest about it no BS cause then you get a bad rep and blah blah blah

Atreyu
03-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
yea he is informational^^^:) ...but yea i get what some of you are trying to say...that is why if i do back out of a deal im straight up honest about it no BS cause then you get a bad rep and blah blah blah

The point is not to back out of a deal..:rolleyes: You seem like one of the kids he is discribing.

JDiablo
03-14-2004, 07:25 PM
The point is not to back out of a deal..:rolleyes: You seem like one of the kids he is discribing.

you don't get my point...im saying if you do back out of the deal.....in which i did once..because i just killed 1300 in two days for shocks and a-arms so i told him the truth so he can sell it to someone else instead of waiting for me to get the money for it...so yea but im not going to jerk around with anyone either bro

cheetah
03-14-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm under 16 and I've sold shocks, a 400ex, and bought numerous stuff on here. I think if you're bound down by your parents though, double check with them first and make sure you're on the same page. Otherwise your just causing the seller frustration and time. I can't remember all the e-mails like that I got trying to sell my ex.

Atreyu
03-14-2004, 07:29 PM
I understand what your saying, but the point is-Know your gonna buy something before you say you will. Dont say you'll buy, then spend $1300 on shocks and a-arms.

JDiablo
03-14-2004, 07:31 PM
I understand what your saying, but the point is-Know your gonna buy something before you say you will. Dont say you'll buy, then spend $1300 on shocks and a-arms.

i got your point thanks...but the thing was i had some money planned on coming in but it never happened....didn't work the one day so i couldn't...hope you get my point and now don't think im one of "those kids";)

ewalker302
03-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Agree or disagree its a stupid idea.

OK everybody send Harlen a copy of your birth certificate to stay on the site.

:bandit:

JOEX
03-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Age doesn't neccessarly reflect maturity. There are slackers and dumbazzes in every age group.

There is the option of putting your birthday in your user profile. I wish more members would use that option and be truthful about it.

416exmx
03-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

There is the option of putting your birthday in your user profile. I wish more members would use that option and be truthful about it.

yep, i can pretty much guess their ages though.

2001400ex
03-14-2004, 07:47 PM
yep, i can pretty much guess their ages though.

Yeah, it's preety easy to guess who is with the above 18 crowd, and who is with the below 18 crowd...

roostin_dale
03-14-2004, 07:47 PM
I am only 15 and i dont think i am "one of those kids"..if you think i have ever caused trouble or anything on this site just tell me!

416exmx
03-14-2004, 07:58 PM
I am only 15 and i dont think i am "one of those kids"..if you think i have ever caused trouble or anything on this site just tell me!

yeah you are one that i would never guess to be 15, you seem to know what you are talking about and seem pretty cool... just wait until i get the CRF up to Casey and SMOKE all over you...:eek2:

03-14-2004, 08:00 PM
ok with out looking at my profile who can guess how old i am?

roostin_dale
03-14-2004, 08:01 PM
yeah you are one that i would never guess to be 15, you seem to know what you are talking about and seem pretty cool... just wait until i get the CRF up to Casey and SMOKE all over you...:eek2:

lmao..i can't wait...it will be fun! As long as you dont lap me im good:D lol

jeffro88
03-14-2004, 08:02 PM
OK....maybe I should rephrase my suggestion. Instead of making 18 and under be listed in bold.....maybe some moderators should catch on to the guys who are just yanking everybody's chains. ( it wouldn't be too hard to see who it is ) Then they could send them a "friendly warning" to stop horsing around. I agree that this site is not only for buying and selling...but also for information on a little bit of everything and I appreciate that. But you can't tell me that it's not a pain in the @#s to list a quad or a part for sale in the forum only for the ad to get buried in the pile within 10 minutes because some idiot (of any age) is replying to every single ad that he is interested in their quad....could they send pics to blah blah blah. The reason I suggested what I did before is because most times someone is jerking my chain...it ends up being a kid. If you're under 18 and you're mature then I applaude you. But unfortunately the mature ones are a minority and usually a few bad apples spoil the whole bushel.....

03-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
I'm under 16 and I've sold shocks, a 400ex, and bought numerous stuff on here. I think if you're bound down by your parents though, double check with them first and make sure you're on the same page. Otherwise your just causing the seller frustration and time. I can't remember all the e-mails like that I got trying to sell my ex.

dude i could have swore you were older ... dang...:)

JDiablo
03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by member
ok with out looking at my profile who can guess how old i am?

14-17:confused:

Atreyu
03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
But you can't tell me that it's not a pain in the @#s to list a quad or a part for sale in the forum only for the ad to get buried in the pile within 10 minutes because some idiot

True..

roostin_dale
03-14-2004, 08:05 PM
member if i remember right you are 17?

toby400ex
03-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Thats what happens when u put up an ad for the public to see. You will get some dumbasses, and its annoying, i remember when i was selling my 300ex i had an old man call and ask if my 300ex was 4 wheel drive and had a tow hitch, talk about aggrivating.

03-14-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
14-17:confused:

ive told you how old i am .... i think in that chat awhile back so you dont count:o :)

Fred55
03-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Try guessing my age.

416exmx
lmao..i can't wait...it will be fun! As long as you dont lap me im good:D lol

haha yeah, after my accident in june of last year, i have raced 5 times. this year so far i have put 30minutes on a YFZ and 2minutes on the CRF... more like you will be smoking me... i'm all rusty.

Atreyu
Originally posted by Fred55
Try guessing my age.

03-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Try guessing my age.

55:confused:

cheetah
03-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by member
dude i could have swore you were older ... dang...:)

lol well I AM 16. Oops typo.:o

roostin_dale
03-14-2004, 08:11 PM
haha yeah, after my accident in june of last year, i have raced 5 times. this year so far i have put 30minutes on a YFZ and 2minutes on the CRF... more like you will be smoking me... i'm all rusty.

i will be there this weekend..what about you?

And no I wont be smoking you! I raced my cannondale down there once and then they started making me race C class on my 250x when they found out my age. I won the C class down there at the last race and finished in the mid pack of the B guys...

There did happen to be a yfz in the C class that i beat:o all skill:D

Fred55
03-14-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm still 15!

JOEX
03-14-2004, 08:14 PM
OK....maybe I should rephrase my suggestion. Instead of making 18 and under be listed in bold.....maybe some moderators should catch on to the guys who are just yanking everybody's chains. ( it wouldn't be too hard to see who it is ) Then they could send them a "friendly warning" to stop horsing around. I agree that this site is not only for buying and selling...but also for information on a little bit of everything and I appreciate that. But you can't tell me that it's not a pain in the @#s to list a quad or a part for sale in the forum only for the ad to get buried in the pile within 10 minutes because some idiot (of any age) is replying to every single ad that he is interested in their quad....could they send pics to blah blah blah. The reason I suggested what I did before is because most times someone is jerking my chain...it ends up being a kid. If you're under 18 and you're mature then I applaude you. But unfortunately the mature ones are a minority and usually a few bad apples spoil the whole bushel.....
If it isn't so hard to see who the jackazzes are then why continue with the deal?

Us moderators are just everyday people and we aren't able to see and monitor every post. In the classified section it is buyer AND seller beware.

It would be nice to get rid of these dumbazzes but it's not realistic. The best thing to do is report the post, there is a button on every post.

Joe

03-14-2004, 08:16 PM
well im 14 and i dont care if its obvious or not cuz i dont care:) its really not on the top of my list

roostin_dale
03-14-2004, 08:18 PM
whoa! i didnt know you were that young member! i could have swore you were 17!!!

416exmx
03-14-2004, 08:20 PM
i will be there this weekend..what about you?

And no I wont be smoking you! I raced my cannondale down there once and then they started making me race C class on my 250x when they found out my age. I won the C class down there at the last race and finished in the mid pack of the B guys...

There did happen to be a yfz in the C class that i beat:o all skill:D

no, i wont make it this weekend, it is my buddy's birthday, i'm heading to Carbondale IL to do some partying with him...

i am still waiting to get my cam put in and waiting on a 250r axle to work with my hipers.. i still have a few bugs to work out of the ol beast...who all is runnin A up there?? on what bikes???

batgeek
03-14-2004, 08:21 PM
also to add to JOEX's post.

there is a buyer/seller feedback board. if you see something you wish to buy, check that persons name against the feedback board. don't let yourself get fuct.

cheetah, member, roostin, fred...man i knew you guys were young, but i didnt think some of you are as young as you are! :D

2 thumbs up! :macho

jeffro88
03-14-2004, 08:24 PM
I guess I'm going to get somebody pissed at me but I've always been willing to speak my mind and take any consequences with it....

If I can see who's horsing around without being on here every day....then it should be too EASY for a moderator to see it.

Whether they care or not is one story...and whether they can do anything about it or not is another story. But I guess that's why I started this post. It's just something that I think could possibly be beneficial to this site.

batgeek
03-14-2004, 08:28 PM
ohhhhh it's very very very VERY easy to figure out who is full of chit.

i usually tend to ignore their posts, unless they say something totally stupid. then i throw a couple of demeaning jabs in and continue on my merry way :D

and why would someone get mad at you? you have a valid concern and aren't being a prick about it.

but personally i don't think its fair to segregate a certain age group because the majority of them tend to act immaturely.

sly400ex
03-14-2004, 08:32 PM
I disagree...beak, hear me out dude.....it took a while for me to finalize what I had for sale.....not that I'm young (27)...just that I was unsure.....:rolleyes: ;) :D

JOEX
03-14-2004, 08:50 PM
I guess I'm going to get somebody pissed at me but I've always been willing to speak my mind and take any consequences with it....

If I can see who's horsing around without being on here every day....then it should be too EASY for a moderator to see it.

Whether they care or not is one story...and whether they can do anything about it or not is another story. But I guess that's why I started this post. It's just something that I think could possibly be beneficial to this site.
I'm not pissed at you and I agree that you have a valid argument with the original post.

But I am offended by your comment about wether we care or not.
We are here to keep the peace as best we can. We don't have the time to read every post, I think I stated that before.

IMO I think trying to sell a vehical via the internet is not the best way, especially at a site that has a large member base that is in the younger age group. If you can't deal with the BS you will better luck and much less BS doing it locally.

Joe

jeffro88
03-14-2004, 08:53 PM
One very important thing that everyone is failing to realize. Just because you know someone is young doesn't mean you won't deal with them....it would just be nice to know ahead of time so you could look at things in a different light. For example....if you knew they were say...16...you could ask for their phone# and talk to their parents 1st. That way you would know where you stand and could possibly save 18 bazillion emails and a whole lot of aggravation.

jeffro88
03-14-2004, 09:00 PM
OK then JOEX....it looks like I achieved my point with this post.

You agreed that I have a valid argument with my original post.....and if you're offended then you obviously do care.

So is there any way to accomplish this or anything similar without causing too much of a ruckus ?????

JOEX
03-14-2004, 09:00 PM
AGE HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH THE SITUATION!

Maybe YOU should ask for thier age before continuing with the transaction.

03-14-2004, 09:06 PM
whoa! i didnt know you were that young member! i could have swore you were 17!!!

i dont look 14 either, im a lil big for my age.. but recently i have leveled off on the growing part.. lol.. i have lost about 15 lbs. recently tho i currently weigh 180

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/pe1bdc0901a8437d102ac5e73d0db48d0/fa14b928.jpg

jeffro88
03-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Posted by JOEX....AGE HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH THE SITUATION!

Well I think age has a lot to do with the transaction. If you had a built Banshee and they were 14...you wouldn't even consider selling it to them. If you ask their age how many are going to tell the truth. But if there were someway to outline their name or anything similar then you wouldn't have to ask.

JOEX
03-14-2004, 09:09 PM
If you're a regular visitor AND reader of the forums, meaning almost daily, you should be able to figure out who is the bs'er. You said it yourself it is easy to figure that out.

I said it before and i'll say it again, it is BUYER AND SELLER BEWARE.

You will get the same crap if you sell in the local paper but on a much lesser scale. Callers who say they will be there and not show. Someone who shows up and says X amount of dollars is all I have etc....

I think you are expecting a bit too much from selling on here.
How much does it cost to sell stuff in the classified section?;)

Joe

03-14-2004, 09:09 PM
o and btw im 5' 10 " so im not really fat lol

JOEX
03-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Posted by JOEX....AGE HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH THE SITUATION!

Well I think age has a lot to do with the transaction. If you had a built Banshee and they were 14...you wouldn't even consider selling it to them. If you ask their age how many are going to tell the truth. But if there were someway to outline their name or anything similar then you wouldn't have to ask.
What's to prevent them from putting a false age?

cheetah
03-14-2004, 09:18 PM
I think sometimes some of us that have been here for awhile tend to forget how fast the sight has grown and the direction it has taken. I remember when this place was a tight little community, but we all wanted it to be bigger. It now is and there is a lot of people on here now. I sit back myself sometimes and wonder how the mods do all that they do. It's hard to come on here and sit down in say an hour and read every post. The mods can't catch everything and believe me there is a lot more poeple here under 18 that you would swear is older. Trying to identify how old a person is and determining your sale on that would be cutting us younger members that are true in the throat. It would turn quite a few people away. I think the best thing to do is ask questions and try to feel people out. 90% of the time you can tell who is BSing and who isn't. The mods do an excellent job here. Just sit back and think of how much worse it could be. Now let's just all buy parts and be merry.:D

03-14-2004, 09:21 PM
I think sometimes some of us that have been here for awhile tend to forget how fast the sight has grown and the direction it has taken. I remember when this place was a tight little community, but we all wanted it to be bigger. It now is and there is a lot of people on here now. I sit back myself sometimes and wonder how the mods do all that they do. It's hard to come on here and sit down in say an hour and read every post. The mods can't catch everything and believe me there is a lot more poeple here under 18 that you would swear is older. Trying to identify how old a person is and determining your sale on that would be cutting us younger members that are true in the throat. It would turn quite a few people away. I think the best thing to do is ask questions and try to feel people out. 90% of the time you can tell who is BSing and who isn't. The mods do an excellent job here. Just sit back and think of how much worse it could be. Now let's just all buy parts and SEND THEM TO RUSS.:D

well put, especially that part about sending me stuff!

rider250ex
03-14-2004, 09:27 PM
im 16 and i havent been immature...i actually bought my r off a user on this website...

Chef
03-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Well I think age has a lot to do with the transaction. If you had a built Banshee and they were 14...you wouldn't even consider selling it to them.

THIS offends me for some reason...maybe its because I was riding my 400EX when I was 11...and I had a full on rocketship of a 440 motor when I was 13...and now at 16 I have a EX with more HP than 75% of Banshees out there, and a 425R is regular business to me. Not to mention the Husaberg Enforcer that was given to me by the factory...or that Big Gun wants me to be in a magazine ad/test article for them. ( :macho ) I'm not the only one like this, either. I dont agree at all with the age groups idea. It would do some good, but alot of no good.:o

03-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Chef
THIS offends me for some reason...maybe its because I was riding my 400EX when I was 11...and I had a full on rocketship of a 440 motor when I was 13...and now at 16 I have a EX with more HP than 75% of Banshees out there, and a 425R is regular business to me. Not to mention the Husaberg Enforcer that was given to me by the factory...or that Big Gun wants me to be in a magazine ad/test article for them. ( :macho ) I'm not the only one like this, either. I dont agree at all with the age groups idea. It would do some good, but alot of no good.:o

YOUR 16???? dang i thought u was older especially havin those nice quads and stuff... dang coulda swore you were at least 20:eek2:

JOEX
I think sometimes some of us that have been here for awhile tend to forget how fast the sight has grown and the direction it has taken. I remember when this place was a tight little community, but we all wanted it to be bigger. It now is and there is a lot of people on here now. I sit back myself sometimes and wonder how the mods do all that they do. It's hard to come on here and sit down in say an hour and read every post. The mods can't catch everything and believe me there is a lot more poeple here under 18 that you would swear is older. Trying to identify how old a person is and determining your sale on that would be cutting us younger members that are true in the throat. It would turn quite a few people away. I think the best thing to do is ask questions and try to feel people out. 90% of the time you can tell who is BSing and who isn't. The mods do an excellent job here. Just sit back and think of how much worse it could be. Now let's just all buy parts and be merry.:D
Very well said cheetah and thank you;) :)

You much more articulate than I:)

TRX310R Rider
I am turning 16 in less than a month and have bought a lot of things from people on forums. Another hobby of mine is R/C and I bought and sold truck/cars/parts and such on other forums. Personally I have never done something like that. Every person I have ever bought from or sold too knew my age. I know there are a lot of kids who do that and I agree it is pretty annoying but I don't think that making them have bold letters or something like that is going to change it. Also, it's not always kids, there are many adults who do that too so I don't know. Nothing is really going to stop people from acting stupid...Later

JTRtrx250r
03-14-2004, 09:49 PM
jeffro..its a lost cause bro, even tho I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from w/ everything you say, it is just something that goes w/ the boards, This site kinda turned me off w/ all the immauture ppl on a daily basis in the beginning, I felt like I wanted to say something in just about every tread b/c I was shocked w/ how many dumbasses there were, but then it hit me..why? Im not gonna make or brake anything w/ it and it actually gave me a bit of hope knowing some of these guys are pretty on top of their game for their ages, some of them I wont waist my time to even post..unless they are picking on a female(just bugs me:rolleyes: )

being a mod is much more of a PITFA than anything, but its worth it b/c you feel you help the site and its only the immature punks that make the job a PITA, the pm's just from members on a daily basis can get almost overwhelming some days, Ive had a few kids set-up a deal and then a weeks later get the "my mom wont let me" thing and it is irritating I know, but those kids gotta start somewhere is the way I look at it..

Some of them just dont know any better and its their way of "getting in" w/ ppl on the site. Others ..its just their age, like this Member guy,..you guys are trying to hammer this topic out and the kids are in the middle of it w/ "guess this" and "Im really this"...LMAO, its just their immaturity and mantallity level for them, thats all..it dont make him a bad kid in any way, but its part of a public forum and sometimes you just have to over-look the irritations you get from ppl, I just try to adjust to them to keep things smooth...and that dont always work, just ask SGA LMAO

:D If your selling something..just put "Dreamers not apply", then after that get their age, if they dont want to give it up, they're not worth dealing w/, even the profile thing..most kids will lie, but theyt do it to try and fit in I think or they think the olders guys wont give them a chance..., Sorry for the novel man LOL

86350x
03-14-2004, 09:56 PM
I am over 18, but still "immature" On every sight I go to.

You can do whateve you want with my name or sig :D

I'm still working on it, I'm sure I'll grow up someday:confused:

JOEX
03-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
jeffro..its a lost cause bro, even tho I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from w/ everything you say, it is just something that goes w/ the boards, This site kinda turned me off w/ all the immauture ppl on a daily basis in the beginning, I felt like I wanted to say something in just about every tread b/c I was shocked w/ how many dumbasses there were, but then it hit me..why? Im not gonna make or brake anything w/ it and it actually gave me a bit of hope knowing some of these guys are pretty on top of their game for their ages, some of them I wont waist my time to even post..unless they are picking on a female(just bugs me:rolleyes: )

being a mod is much more of a PITFA than anything, but its worth it b/c you feel you help the site and its only the immature punks that make the job a PITA, the pm's just from members on a daily basis can get almost overwhelming some days, Ive had a few kids set-up a deal and then a weeks later get the "my mom wont let me" thing and it is irritating I know, but those kids gotta start somewhere is the way I look at it..

Some of them just dont know any better and its their way of "getting in" w/ ppl on the site. Others ..its just their age, like this Member guy,..you guys are trying to hammer this topic out and the kids are in the middle of it w/ "guess this" and "Im really this"...LMAO, its just their immaturity and mantallity level for them, thats all..it dont make him a bad kid in any way, but its part of a public forum and sometimes you just have to over-look the irritations you get from ppl, I just try to adjust to them to keep things smooth...and that dont always work, just ask SGA LMAO

:D If your selling something..just put "Dreamers not apply", then after that get their age, if they dont want to give it up, they're not worth dealing w/, even the profile thing..most kids will lie, but theyt do it to try and fit in I think or they think the olders guys wont give them a chance..., Sorry for the novel man LOL
Great post! Thank you:)

SGA
03-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
What's to prevent them from putting a false age?
Joes right. People lie all the time. You can look at thier BD in thier profile, but whos to say thats right?
I do not think we should show age of members in bold letters.

lil400exman
03-15-2004, 09:29 AM

yeah 416 how old am i?

AtvMxRider
03-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

i'd really like to see your suggestion applied to the idiots and annoying pricks on this board personally.