PDA

View Full Version : skills usa-vica

bigbadbrad
03-14-2004, 05:13 PM
i anyone a member of this group. i just got back form the state competions, i compeated in job skills demo b, and i got GOLD that is awsome, i get to go down to kanas city now for the nationals in june
is anyone else going to the competion? maybee i will se eyou there
now i have to do some fund raising to get there from maine.

batgeek
03-14-2004, 05:17 PM
wow! i didn't know what you were refering to so i researched it.

what a great program! congratulations on your accomplishments :D

bigbadbrad
03-14-2004, 05:51 PM
yeah i won a whole bunch of scolorships, and i have a chace to win even more, i had to do a 5-7 minute presentation on a job skill i had learned, so i did it on brake line flaring, did an iso, and a double 45 and walked the judges step by step through it.
yeah vica is a good organization.
for thoose of you that dont know, it is a whole bunch of diferent compations(sp), about stuff that you learn in tech school, it is volantery, here is the web site you will learn more here
www.skillsusa.org

jcsact
03-15-2004, 10:15 AM
1993 VICA Indiana State Drafting Champ. :D Went to Louisville, KY for Nationals I didn't do very good there. :(

Man that seems like forever ago. :o I won 2 scholarships and a bunch of other things. I won the scholarship the day before I was going to take my physical to join the Navy. I was only going to the Navy so they would pay for College and I won a scholarship so I ended up not joining. :)

Congrats by the way.:D

sickmojave
03-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Congratulations That's AWESOME. Keep up the good work.;)

Jay300ex
03-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
i anyone a member of this group. i just got back form the state competions, i compeated in job skills demo b, and i got GOLD that is awsome, i get to go down to kanas city now for the nationals in june
is anyone else going to the competion? maybee i will se eyou there
now i have to do some fund raising to get there from maine.

I'm in Skills USA for Outdoor Power Equipment Technology. I thought I was going in for Motorcycle and ATV Service, but I gu ess my school is the first one to restart the motorcycle repair class so They switched it on me. Years ago just wining states and nationals would reward 10k Grant money. I am going to the States in APR.

03-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Im not in Vica but my school runs that program. I almost made it ,but.... What school do you go to?:macho

Jay300ex
03-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Iwanna250R
Im not in Vica but my school runs that program. I almost made it ,but.... What school do you go to?:macho

Broome Tioga BOCES

BKex
03-15-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm in vica welding. Its a good organization if you win competitions you can get some good scholarships and prizes.

JD400exrider
03-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Congrats on your hard work. Something to be proud of. Keep it up and it will pay off now and in the future. :D

Jay300ex
03-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
Congrats on your hard work. Something to be proud of. Keep it up and it will pay off now and in the future. :D

It's free money why not lol.

bigbadbrad
03-17-2004, 08:56 AM
yeah the guy that competed in welding in our school won gold for the state, and he also one a brand new $5,000 miller wwelder. it is a good program, hopoefully i will have all of my money raised so i can go to kansas city

03-17-2004, 10:20 AM
im in skills usa for thedrafting and desgin stuff. i coulda gone to little rock for a competition but i didnt want to.

jcsact
03-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Jingle
im in skills usa for thedrafting and desgin stuff. i coulda gone to little rock for a competition but i didnt want to.

You should have I received a $20,000 scholarship when I won back in 1993.

EXflattracker
04-12-2004, 12:42 PM
I won the NC SkillsUSA Masonry competition in Greensboro NC last week and I will be heading to Kansas City in June to compete. Hope to see a handful of you guys there. I recieved a ton of tools and around 1000 $ in checks. Cya

SGA
04-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Vica is a great program. I won 3rd in state for HVAC. Would have had first, but I didnt wear my safety glasses during a open fan test. Big points knock off:D

bigbadbrad
04-12-2004, 03:25 PM
yeah i am going to kanas for sure now
leaving june 19 and spending a week down there
must be nice, you one all kinds of tools, the kid from my school that competed in welding and one first in the state won a brand new $5,000 miller welder, and when i went to go pick up my info packet, there was about 3 big boxes of snap on tools for the auto and desil and mototrcyle people,in our tech school we sent down 34 kids and we came back with 23 medals, 6 of them golds, we are sending 4 of us to nationls, 3 golds one silver