PDA

View Full Version : trx90 Help!

MoparTrav
03-14-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm having trouble with a trx90cc. I got it from a guy who had it in storage for about a year and a half. bike has less than 3 hours on it. When i start it, everything is ok as long as i have the choke on. it will run and i can open the throttle up and it doesnt' hesetate to rev up. If i turn the choke off the bike dies. If i feather the throttle while i turn the choke off, it will stay running but doesn't sound right and kinda has a popping. I pulled the carb off and cleaned it out real good, got all the gunk that was in the bowl out and took the jets out and sprayed them out. put it all back together and the same thing. it starts on the first pull with the choke on.
any ideas would be greatly appriciated.
Also Plug had some carbon on it like it was rich. I also pulled the plug on the exhaust pipe and made sure there wasn't alot of buildup there.

PismoGuy400
03-14-2004, 09:29 PM
weve got a yamaha moto-4 80cc that does the same thing, you know what we did... covered it up w/ a tarp and left it alone.it wouldnt get ridden, so theres no point in fixing it

but really, i would have no idea how to help you out..

MoparTrav
03-15-2004, 09:05 AM
ok, what i am seeing on this one diagram of the carb i found, their is a slow jet, used for idle speeds, next to the main and needle jet. is their suppose to be a hole all the way through this jet? mine does not have a hole all the way through it, it goes in about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch then it looks and feels solid. what i'm wondering is this suppose to be like this or do i have dirt or something clogged in there?

Rickyrebar
06-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Are you letting it warm up?
My sons 90 will start right away as well but if you try to rev it before IT is ready...no dice.
Let it warm up a few minutes then try cutting the choke off...then try giving it some gas?

BSTURDIVANT
06-26-2004, 09:54 PM
You will probably have to run a small wire through all the jets to open them up! air won't clean the varnish out!

400ex men
06-26-2004, 10:55 PM
you need to agust your shoks . it will give you alot of take off and a little top end.but what i really do to my 4-weelers is just get a new seat cover to encrease the power BABY!!!!!!!

CEET400ex
06-26-2004, 11:28 PM
:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :rolleyes:

Matt400ex_17
06-27-2004, 09:51 AM
My 90 sat for about 1 1/2 years and the main jet had a lil rust and wasnt running right so look at that then it might have to be changed.

MoparTrav
06-28-2004, 07:11 AM
thanks for any suggestions guys, but i solved this problem about a month ago, I never recieved an e-mail notifying me that there were reply's to this post. I ended up pulling the carb apart, letting it sit in dip over night and that cleaned out the jets now it seems to run fine.

212racing
06-28-2004, 11:57 PM
sorry i never saw your post.
i think you were talking about the pilot jet.
there should be a hole thru that jet also, just in case someone else needed to know. the popping sound usually means lean, my guess clogged pilot made lean.

Lucky
06-29-2004, 12:08 AM
One can only hope and pray that these guys never reproduce.

400ex men & PismoGuy400

212racing
06-29-2004, 01:24 AM
???????????????????