PDA

View Full Version : i need help

Brad
03-14-2004, 12:29 PM
i worked on the 400 all day, i cleaned the carb out, changed the spark plug cleaned the air filter, outewears. and tomorro im gonna change the oil...i basically stripped the quad down to the wheeles and tires and i couldnt find anything wrong with it, still it wont start, what happened was i was working on the tires last weekend and i went in and got a drink and it started raining, so i played a video game and when i went to put it away it would only give me one or 2 jolts per x/amount of throttle jerks now it gives me more but it still wont run strait...when i tried to jump start it, like drag it with the truck and pop the clutch, it would run...but at a veerrry low idle, it still wouldnt give me any normal running signs...anyone know whats wrong...?

MotoX3
03-14-2004, 12:42 PM
These may sound stupid and you may have already checked them but they are simple things that I've done before on various machines:make sure the gas is on,check the killswitch ground(if you have one),check the factory kill switch slide button thing(dont know what to call it).....hope that helped some:)

sam the brave
03-14-2004, 01:07 PM
my warrior did the same thing and it turned out to be the parking brake i disconected it and i have never had the problem again

Brad
03-14-2004, 01:29 PM
naw its not any of that stupid stuff ive checked everything hundered of times

03-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
my warrior did the same thing and it turned out to be the parking brake i disconected it and i have never had the problem again

dude that happened to my wolverine

Out_Sider
03-14-2004, 02:01 PM
have u replaced all the fuses? there could be moisture in there causing it to not wanna do anything? dono though, it sounds electrical, but i dont know what else it could be besides fuses..sorry dude :(

ReconRider25
03-14-2004, 02:43 PM
my friend got water in his cdi and it made it do that and not run. might wanna check that out.

Brad
03-14-2004, 03:34 PM
itl spark, thats not the problem idk ill take the pb blockoff off the 300ex and jam her on the 400 see what happens

J25
03-14-2004, 03:37 PM
check your fuses and makesure u got good gas, this happened to mine cuz some how water got in there and maybe check your battery, solenoid just some ideas

chucked
03-14-2004, 07:44 PM
will it not turn over, i dont really understand what you mean?