PDA

View Full Version : arggghhhhhhhh

J25
03-14-2004, 11:25 AM
i think my bike is fallin apart, heres the story

one day i was out ridin and i was sittin there talkin leanin on the grab bar and it would shake real bad, so i take the plastic off and im missin a subframe bolt, so couple days later im out ridin again and i here somethin rattlin real bad down by mt foot, look down one of the case saver bolts are missin, and then later that day im climbin hills out the local riding spot and all of a sudden my skid plate is thumbin real loud, i flip the bike up im missin to of the swing skid bolts... so today i was up the garage and took the 400 out for a lil spin down the road and come back i look down, the singarm pivot bolt is stickin out, i lost the freakin nut for that..... im bout ready to sell and getin somethin else ahhh i duno wht to do

400exdad
03-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Just go through it and tighten everything up... use the torque specs if you can on the important stuff. You must be really riding that thing! :macho

theTman
03-14-2004, 12:10 PM
maybe you should try ducttapeans superglue???

j/k.. why dont you try to tighten them???

03-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by J25
i think my bike is fallin apart, heres the story

im bout ready to sell and getin somethin else ahhh i duno wht to do

No matter what quad, bike or car you have they all need maintance. Remember that putting gas in it is not the only thing you have to do to your quad..

For every 3 hours of ride time you should spend 1 hour in the garage going over it if you want it to stay in one peice..:)

400exmom
03-14-2004, 12:20 PM
righty tighty~:D pretty sure im the poster child for this thread:o

Out_Sider
03-14-2004, 12:42 PM
yea, just look over the quad fully before riding...i usually spend a couple mins to look over it b4 i even start mine up

Out_Sider
03-14-2004, 12:43 PM
o and lock tite works wonders

J25
03-14-2004, 02:40 PM
see i dont get it i take great care of my bike, wsahed and lubed after every ride but this happened, and i jus redid it, tore i todwn to do the frame, i went over everything twice but i ges i have rode it alot since then-ne one no where to get one of them nice bolt kits that i think pappy bought???

Samson
03-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
righty tighty~:D pretty sure im the poster child for this thread:o

And here I always thought you were more of a lefty loosey! :D

J/P! You bad woman! But I kinda like em that way! :o

ReconRider25
03-14-2004, 02:46 PM
they have the bolt kits on ebay. itd try lock tight on all the bolts.;)

pbarr86
03-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
they have the bolt kits on ebay. itd try lock tight on all the bolts.;)

I 3rd the Lock Tight suggestions :D