PDA

View Full Version : Predator Dale Earnhardt Jr. Edition 2004

Punk'd
03-14-2004, 12:18 AM
http://pi54.com/atv/modelimages/04_PredatorDE_studio.jpg

Sorry if this is old news i wasnt sure i think it looks pretty cool!

*******Predator Dale Earnhardt Jr. Edition features********

Limited Edition #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Graphics Package

Powerful liquid-cooled, 4-stroke Polaris 500 engine.

Dual A-arm front suspension, 10 in/25.4 cm travel, adjustable.

Non-linkage rear swing arm, Fox® adjustable gas shocks, 11 in/27.9 cm travel.

Smooth 5-speed transmission, O-ring chain final drive.

New! 9 in/22.9 cm rear Douglas rims.

Precision PRO (Polaris Rider Optimized) Steering system.

New! Hubs accept standard-size wheels.

Cut-N-Sewn Multi Color Seat

Nerf Bars

Aluminum Front Grab Bar

http://atv.polarisindustries.com/atv/features.aspx?ModelID=A28B5ACD-F636-41EC-8F7F-F23BDDEAC146

logansowner
03-14-2004, 01:58 AM
It's amazing how much marketing of your fathers name can do for a kid. It's a shame he hasn't earned the publicity he gets. Daddy could actually wheel a racecar=Jr's car passes inspection as long as it has 4 wheels and an engine, never mind the restricer plate openings are 50% bigger then anyone elses...:rolleyes: Sorry, just have to vent:) I spose you figured out I'm not a Jr fan though huh?:D

03-14-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by logansowner
It's amazing how much marketing of your fathers name can do for a kid. It's a shame he hasn't earned the publicity he gets. Daddy could actually wheel a racecar=Jr's car passes inspection as long as it has 4 wheels and an engine, never mind the restricer plate openings are 50% bigger then anyone elses...:rolleyes: Sorry, just have to vent:) I spose you figured out I'm not a Jr fan though huh?:D

yea and like this last race when his car was chit. dale sr could drive a chit car and bring to the top 10. jr has to have the best stuff to win:rolleyes:

FreekShow
03-14-2004, 06:35 AM
:rolleyes: So the daytona 500 was won by cheating? He also has no talent because his fathers reputation wins him races? RIIIIIGHT.:huh

Rrider4life8
03-14-2004, 06:49 AM
JR. is the man!!!! shame on you for saying hes not

logansowner
03-14-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by FreekShow
:rolleyes: So the daytona 500 was won by cheating? He also has no talent because his fathers reputation wins him races? RIIIIIGHT.:huh I can't prove it, but when you really think about it, the kid has won 10 races and EIGHT of them were at restictor plate tracks, that looks like a little more then engineering goes into DEI cars at Daytona. His father could win races with the same amount of power as everyone else, if Jr was the same, he wouldn't need to be in Daytona or Talladega to visit victory lane.

But just explain to me this, howcome if Jr doesn't cheat, how can he passa 3 car draft on the inside with no help at all? If all that took was a decent car why was the only driver to be able to do that? I just havn't figured out why his car, and his car alone can run with the draft while not actually be in it. I just think that NASCAR has a tendency to pass Jr's car through inspection to provide Nextel with a popular inaugural Daytona 500. But it's JMHO:)

logansowner
03-14-2004, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Rrider4life8
JR. is the man!!!! shame on you for saying hes not Come on man, I don't dislike him, I just don't like the fact that he possibly cheats. But what I HATE about him is that NASCAR lets him get away with things that would give anyone else penalties. Like I remember last fall at Talladega, he obviously passed under the line, I saw it and nobody can deny it happened, it was obvious, but NASCAR ignored it. You know why? Because you can give penalties to him, deserved or not, because you would lose half your fans. I just think that a sport that claims to be egual for all competitors should come somewhat close to doing that. And also, even forgetting last fal, can you remember the last time Jr was penalized? Because I sure can't...and don't tell be he never makes an error on the track, leaves with equiptment or his crew never misses a lugnut and gets a penalty, everyone screws up now and then, some simply don't get punished for it. And also, can't you come up with something that takes a few more braincells to type then "hes the man and shame on you for saying hes not";)

Guy400
03-14-2004, 07:51 AM
Come on man, I don't dislike him, I just don't like the fact that he possibly cheats. But what I HATE about him is that NASCAR lets him get away with things that would give anyone else penalties. Like I remember last fall at Talladega, he obviously passed under the line, I saw it and nobody can deny it happened, it was obvious, but NASCAR ignored it. You know why? Because you can give penalties to him, deserved or not, because you would lose half your fans. I just think that a sport that claims to be egual for all competitors should come somewhat close to doing that. And also, even forgetting last fal, can you remember the last time Jr was penalized? Because I sure can't...and don't tell be he never makes an error on the track, leaves with equiptment or his crew never misses a lugnut and gets a penalty, everyone screws up now and then, some simply don't get punished for it. And also, can't you come up with something that takes a few more braincells to type then "hes the man and shame on you for saying hes not";) He possibly cheats? Nobody else on the race track possibly cheats but Jr.? Hmm, interesting thought. How about all the penalties handed out during Speedweek's at Daytona to a large number of teams other than Jr.? You mean to tell me these other teams "accidentally" used illegal shocks, illegal deck lids, etc.?

NASCAR allows Dale 50% bigger holes in his restrictor plate? LMFAO...let me guess, Jr. was also the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll. Have you ever seen NASCAR's tech inspection? It's in an open garage bay where representatives from other teams are allowed to freely pass through. You're saying when they tech'd Jr.'s car at Daytona and the holes were 50% bigger that no other team standing there called bullchit? The pass at Talledega was borderline and a car on the high side swerved down and Jr. pulled down to avoid being hit. In that circumstance you're allowed below the yellow line.

I'll tell you exactly how Jr. passed at Daytona without drafting help--superior bodywork. NASCAR has templates that every team must follow but exterior skin changes from team to team along with cooling holes. DEI's cars use a different front end from other Chevy's on the track and it's 100% legal.

IMO, Jr. would win many more races but his pit strategy is among the worst.

Woodsrider
03-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Back on topic, Polaris is always coming out with some LE package crap. Really, the only thing limited on that is the graphics. Everything else is either standard equipment or bolt on polaris accessories:rolleyes:

400exdad
03-14-2004, 08:23 AM
This is proof that the world IS coming to an end. The four horseman of the apocalypse should be here any minute! :D :D

A Nascar driver fourwheeler! This is so lame! Another reason not to buy a Polaris! I hear that Artic Cat is going to have Justin Timberlake edition. Complete with mic holder.... :devil: :devil: which will double as a beer can holder.

Woodsrider
03-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by 400exdad
This is proof that the world IS coming to an end. The four horseman of the apocalypse should be here any minute! :D :D

A Nascar driver fourwheeler! This is so lame! Another reason not to buy a Polaris! I hear that Artic Cat is going to have Justin Timberlake edition. Complete with mic holder.... :devil: :devil: which will double as a beer can holder.

LMAO! This isnt their first one either. Ther did a Richard Petty edition Sportsman a couple years ago:rolleyes:

Atreyu
03-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Can we spell "HICK"?

hondafox440
03-14-2004, 08:47 AM
:rolleyes:

logansowner
03-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
He possibly cheats? Nobody else on the race track possibly cheats but Jr.? Hmm, interesting thought. How about all the penalties handed out during Speedweek's at Daytona to a large number of teams other than Jr.? You mean to tell me these other teams "accidentally" used illegal shocks, illegal deck lids, etc.? No, they cheated, and I don't for a second try to say they don't attemt it, but what I wonder is why Jr "never" cheats, you telling me that in 4 years, he hasn't once tried illegal parts? And besides, the other guys cheat and GET CAUGHT, but I can't remember the last time Jr was handed penalty.

NASCAR allows Dale 50% bigger holes in his restrictor plate? LMFAO...let me guess, Jr. was also the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll. Have you ever seen NASCAR's tech inspection? It's in an open garage bay where representatives from other teams are allowed to freely pass through. You're saying when they tech'd Jr.'s car at Daytona and the holes were 50% bigger that no other team standing there called bullchit? The pass at Talledega was borderline and a car on the high side swerved down and Jr. pulled down to avoid being hit. In that circumstance you're allowed below the yellow line. That was an exaduration, obviously. I will give you that. But how come when Brian Vickers passed to the right before the line to avoid a car that checked up in front of him he got nailed? I have seen a lot of below the yellow action to avoid a crash, but even though all they did was avoid "The Big One" they get a penalty, even though it was crash avoidance and they never even made the pass, they were called for "attempting to pass below the yellow" For Christs sake they never even get a position and still get nailed?

I'll tell you exactly how Jr. passed at Daytona without drafting help--superior bodywork. NASCAR has templates that every team must follow but exterior skin changes from team to team along with cooling holes. DEI's cars use a different front end from other Chevy's on the track and it's 100% legal.

IMO, Jr. would win many more races but his pit strategy is among the worst. I admit, I never thought of that, and now that you say it, it makes sence, and I will believe that is the cause. I like the guy as a person, but you have to admit, something fishy is going on when the kid wins 8 times at restrictor tracks and only 2 on downforce tracks. If it was really as simple as body work, wouldn't atleast one of the other high buck teams be able to match it? I'd like to think he doesn't cheat because he sounds like a great guy in interviews and I even got his autograph at the 500 in Febuary (along with Jeff Gordon and Tony) but it is obvious that whether he cheats or not, there IS favourtisim in NASCAR:)

northeast400
03-14-2004, 11:32 AM
That quad it YUCK!!!!

Guy400
03-14-2004, 02:52 PM
How fitting!! Jr. wins today:D

According to NASCAR, Jr. has won 11 total races: 6 restrictor plate races and 5 non-plate races.

UglyMotha™
03-14-2004, 02:53 PM

I work with a couple guys like you there always full of excuses somtimes they can be down right amusing i'm curious as to what excuse you have for today's race, please share, i guess it's just hard for you guys to admit that jr has skill

but yah your are absolutly right, jr would be absolutly nothing if it wasn't for his daddy i mean who else would that have left to teach jr :o

thomez
03-14-2004, 03:02 PM
The quad looks ok, the bumper is hideous, and Jr. might be the worst driver in Nascar.

redrunner
03-14-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
He possibly cheats? Nobody else on the race track possibly cheats but Jr.? Hmm, interesting thought. How about all the penalties handed out during Speedweek's at Daytona to a large number of teams other than Jr.? You mean to tell me these other teams "accidentally" used illegal shocks, illegal deck lids, etc.?

NASCAR allows Dale 50% bigger holes in his restrictor plate? LMFAO...let me guess, Jr. was also the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll. Have you ever seen NASCAR's tech inspection? It's in an open garage bay where representatives from other teams are allowed to freely pass through. You're saying when they tech'd Jr.'s car at Daytona and the holes were 50% bigger that no other team standing there called bullchit? The pass at Talledega was borderline and a car on the high side swerved down and Jr. pulled down to avoid being hit. In that circumstance you're allowed below the yellow line.

IMO, Jr. would win many more races but his pit strategy is among the worst.

Yup agree with everything you stated, except today they actually did the pits right!:macho

logansowner
03-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Well, I gues I have to eat my words this time, the kid actually won. God hates me:p It was an interesting race though, I found it odd that no one car dominated any large part of the race, Gordon led for what, 45 laps? Then Stewart then Newman and finally Jr with a few oddballs scattered in between.

Jr did a good job this time...daddy still got him where he is though:blah:

redrunner
03-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Well, I gues I have to eat my words this time, the kid actually won. God hates me:p It was an interesting race though, I found it odd that no one car dominated any large part of the race, Gordon led for what, 45 laps? Then Stewart then Newman and finally Jr with a few oddballs scattered in between.

Jr did a good job this time...daddy still got him where he is though:blah:

We all got it!:D

Out_Sider
03-14-2004, 03:27 PM
i think dat quad is wicked awesome...hey..its already got my number on it :p ;)

batgeek
03-14-2004, 03:52 PM
I just think that NASCAR has a tendency to pass Jr's car through inspection to provide Nextel with a popular inaugural Daytona 500. But it's JMHO:)

grab your tin foil hat and hide from them black helicopters!!!

the man on the grassy knoll shoots other drivers so Jr can win too.

logansowner
03-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
We all got it!:D To be honest, if I was envious of a Nextel Cup driver, it wouldn't be him:)

JForestZ34
03-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Why do you say that his name is getting him everything. Yeah maybe his name helped him get into the sport but just remember, his main sponser is budweiser. They got money out the ***. Of course he's going to get the best equipment. Until Jr. budweiser hasn't sponsered a winning driver something like 10 years before Jr. There are certain drivers that are great drivers at certain tracks. Other drivers aren't that good at some tracks. As for Dale Sr. he was the man that could almost get anything done. But also remember all the time it took him to get to that level also. Jr. 's only be racing winston cup for I think it's about 3 or 4 years now. his father was doing it for 20 something years. One more thing he won the Daytona 500 on his 4th try it took his father how long to do that. Enough said. Dale deserves everything he gets. HE EARNED IT. When was the last time rusty wallace won anything. And he's a veteran in racing.

James

batgeek
03-14-2004, 05:32 PM
it's the Earnhardt Conspiracy dude...sheesh. thought you knew!

redrunner
03-14-2004, 05:37 PM
To be honest, if I was envious of a Nextel Cup driver, it wouldn't be him:)

Then maybe just his father?

96FMF300EX
03-14-2004, 06:45 PM
So how did Waltrip actually become someone? DEI, just like junior all the DEI cars are money. Have you seen there shop and tech? Its like the freakin government makin nuclear weapons. Nothing is made outside of that shop except for maybe the nuts and bolts to put the motor together. I wouldn't be surprised that they made there own dang nuts and bolts. DEI is basically unstoppable in restrictor plate racing jsut deal with it. All the bodies are the same this year even the fronts. Except Ford complained again and they changed there cars for the billionth time. Nextel is making this a fair sport and no one car dominated sport either. Looks whos won two races? Jr. and Kensith. Last year Kenisth couldn't win a race for the life of him. Nextel has taken care of a few things and making the sport safer and funner to watch. So theres no way Jr. could cheat and get away with it.

ewalker302
03-14-2004, 07:42 PM
The only reason DEI cars are dominant at Talladega, Daytona right now is because of Dale Sr.

He was so determined to win a daytona 500 they poured an extreme amount of R&D "money" on superspeedway setups. Its just paying off for jr and mikey now.

Still no matter who you like you would have to be blind not to see how nascar plays favorites.

If Jr would have won the championship w/one win last year, do you really think they would have changed the point system???

:bandit:

logansowner
03-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
Then maybe just his father? Exactly, I liked Sr, as well did everyone else. At the memorial after his death, he had people watching it on TV that had never seen a race in their lives and they were still crying. The dude earned what he got, and I am just not convinced that his son has done the same...atleast not yet. However, to clear it up, I am only a Gordon fan.

QuadJunkies
03-15-2004, 12:34 AM
I like it personally.......:D

batgeek
03-15-2004, 01:24 AM
I am only a Gordon fan.

well that explains everything.

and Tina...quad talk ended a long time ago.

everyone is just flexing their NASCAR epeen now :D

redrunner
03-15-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I like it personally.......:D

Yes I guess I should say something on the intent of this thread. I like the predetor as a quad in general and it is and was a great leap for Polaris, if nothing else we spend money on "graphics" to make our "quads" (had to be careful on that) look cool. So if that is all they are doing is making it look cool to someone and it becomes a "collector" item I like it.

Batgeek, did I recover nicely?:)

dhines
03-15-2004, 07:36 AM
NASCAR is the racing version of live wrestling. It's obviously fixed, but the rednecks who watch it just can't bring themselves to admit it... :blah:

spincr4hire
03-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by dhines
NASCAR is the racing version of live wrestling. It's obviously fixed, but the rednecks who watch it just can't bring themselves to admit it... :blah:

LMAO

400exdad
03-15-2004, 08:28 AM

I have a feeling this thread is just about to be closed... :eek2: :D

gimpbzkt400ex
03-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Sounds to me everyone is just Jealous!!! :rolleyes:

crday98
03-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by gimpbzkt400ex
Sounds to me everyone is just Jealous!!! :rolleyes:
it also seems that some of these kids need to get a life;)
the truth hurts, deal with it instead of trying to come up with lame *** excuses as to why someone has talent. just like his father,you either loved him or hated him.those who hated him,hated him because he won and won alot.:cool:

logansowner
03-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by gimpbzkt400ex
Sounds to me everyone is just Jealous!!! :rolleyes: It sounds to me like people are to obsessed with their favourite driver to even look at another opinion:rolleyes:

gimpbzkt400ex
03-15-2004, 09:25 AM
It sounds to me like people are to obsessed with their favourite driver to even look at another opinion:rolleyes:

no... people just don't want to admit that Jr. is a good driver and he has a good team... it's just like Gordan... I can't stand him... but atleast I will admit that he is a good driver and has a good team... he just hasn't done as well so far this season as he usually does... and if Jr. cheats sooo much then what happened to him last week? ... give me a break

UglyMotha™
03-15-2004, 09:53 AM

i hope monkey nutz kiks you in the dirt piles :mad:

redrunner
03-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
i hope monkey nutz kiks you in the dirt piles :mad:

I don't know Mr. Hines yet, but soon maybe at the Hatfeeld but i was thinking the same thing.:D

UglyMotha™
03-15-2004, 10:33 AM
dhines is cool, he's pud pullers daddy :o :D

redrunner
03-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
dhines is cool, he's pud pullers daddy :o :D

Yup, I was pretty sure that was him, just pulling your " ah" I mean joking with you dhines.:)

dhines
03-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I'm just stirring the pot a little. As much as I hate to admit it, I've actually found myslef following NASCAR a bit over the last couple of years. I enjoy watching the super speedway races and especially the road races. The short tracks get a bit old though...

I wouldn't call myself a fan at this point, but I really don't follow any sport too much. I prefer participating over just watching. :macho

Chef
03-21-2004, 10:30 PM

LMAO!! Funny how little some people actually know. ;)

stock400ex
03-21-2004, 10:41 PM
eh nascar

quad
03-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Myself,I think watching NASCAR is like watching paint dry!!!!!

:devil:

DEAL
03-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by quad
Myself,I think watching NASCAR is like watching paint dry!!!!!

:devil:

I'm with this guy.
The quad doesn't look too bad except for the bumper.