PDA

View Full Version : computer gurus i need your help asap

Juggalo
03-13-2004, 10:56 PM
ok heres the deal. i am running windows 98 and i put the comp into safe mode today to check some stuff out. when i turned it back to normal mode i only had 16 colors and 640x480 resolution. when i changed the display properties the comp acted like i hadn't changed a thing. i tried restarting, i tried changing stuff, i tried going back into safe mode, i've tried just about everything and i'm running out of ideas. i can barley use this thing when its like this. please help me out...any ideas!??

batgeek
03-13-2004, 11:08 PM
seems to me when you put it into safe mode it stopped loading the actual video card drivers and is loading Windows default drivers.

reboot and reload the drivers for your vid card.

Disaster
03-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Yeah that should fix it....

elite ATV1
03-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
seems to me when you put it into safe mode it stopped loading the actual video card drivers and is loading Windows default drivers.

reboot and reload the drivers for your vid card.

do that it will fix it :macho

Juggalo
03-13-2004, 11:42 PM
sorry if this is a dumb question but exactly how do i do that?

batgeek
03-13-2004, 11:58 PM
first, do you have the driver disk for the brand and model of video card you have?

if not, yer gonna have to look for it on the manufacturer's website.

if'n ya can get that, lemme know. i'll PM ya my work number and i can step ya thru it. or i can call you if ya want me to :)

Juggalo
03-14-2004, 12:05 AM
batgeek, i will try and see what i can do about my video card. i don't think i have the driver disk so i will try to find what i need on the net. i'm pretty good at figuring this kind of stuff out but you might wanna pm me the number just in case. thanks i really appreciate it!

Juggalo
03-14-2004, 06:46 PM
welp i got her all figured out on my own..thanks for all your help tho batgeek i appreciate it!!