PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin or Minnesota riders?

flyin#5
03-06-2002, 08:13 PM
hey, i was just wondering how many wisconsin or minn. riders there are out there. and if you are one or ride in one of these states please tell me where you like to ride.

rrider7399
03-07-2002, 09:27 AM
I like to ride in Fond Dulac. We ride at Bong state park sometimes also, but the trails there are very flat and rutted up.

03-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Is their really a BONG state park?

If their is it makes sense that it's in Wisconsin.

Sounds like a fun place.:huh

sly400ex
03-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Good old BONG:cool:

03-07-2002, 08:24 PM
i am from neenah, wi, but do most of my riding in langlade county. GREAT place to ride

Wired
03-07-2002, 11:32 PM
is there anyone near south western minnesota here? me and my brother are looking for some new riders to come ride with us.

03-08-2002, 01:12 PM
I'm from SE MN. and ride the trails around here alot. Also, I make a few trips each month over to WI. to ride the Black River Falls area trails and just north of there near Fairchild/Rock Dam area. Great spots to ride!

05-01-2002, 04:07 PM
I have been to Black River Falls, but not to Rock Dam. I have seen it mentioned on here a couple of times. Where is Rock Dam? What kind of terrain? FYI, Iron River in Northern WI is a great place to ride also. I like it better than BRFs.

mental1
05-06-2002, 10:44 AM
My friend and I ventured down to Meadow Valley last Friday the track is like a supercross track steep jump faces, and it's more technical than anything. Not a very fast track except in spots lot of decent tables. All in all once the dirt bike racers left it was a good time, just make sure to take kind of a slow lap at first to see where things are, some jumps on the back drop down hill pretty quick for the landing, to fast will have in the flats.

Wired
05-08-2002, 12:37 PM
minnesota riders, here ya go group ride (http://209.120.142.52/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15098)

flyin#5
05-09-2002, 04:42 PM
i would love to come down there and ride with you guys but i have to be here for my sisters graduation party. are you and your brother going to be at brf in july then? hopefully ill see you down there.

05-20-2002, 11:05 AM
Rock dam is similar to the terrain in Black River only the trails are smoother. It's not quite as technical either, not that BRF is anything difficult, it's just the trails in RD aren't quite as winding. I'll be at Crawford Hills Campground this weekend just outside of BRF if anybody is in the area. Stop in and have one on us-Beer is always cold. You'll know us by the mass of 400's, close to 15 this year plus a couple Raptors and Warriors. Let me know..

spliffy
05-20-2002, 03:37 PM
I Live In MN & Have A Cabin IN Siren WI , We Ride In St. Croix Forest & The Trails North Of Danbury , The Trails In Danbury Are Sweet & Sandy & The Trails In St Croix Forest Are Muddy & Wet... Ahh The Best Of Both Worlds :D

jleable
05-24-2002, 08:51 AM
I ride alot with my friends by are house and at our neibors I think in total we have a 25 mile trail system, then I have a cabin in langlade county and i'm planning on bringing my 400ex up there this summer.

05-28-2002, 12:15 AM
hey jleaable, where in langlade county do u have a cabin? mine is right off of highway 52 by lawrence lake. where do u go riding?

jleable
05-28-2002, 08:34 AM
Its on rolling stone lake, I havent had a chance to get get my 400ex up there yet.

05-28-2002, 04:20 PM
There are alot of good tracks and trails in minnesota. if you are into the big jump tracks that Hurricane Hills in the SE part of the state. there is a very good table that is great for quads. it costs about 10 dollers to get in. there are also some awsome whoops and step-up on the track. Some of the time there are some ruts but there usually not bad at all. The one very cool thing that i lice about the trach is that is is very rarely crouded and there is plentty of space all arount the track.

Bergy
05-28-2002, 08:11 PM
Going up north to ride Phillips area in WI this weekend. Leaving the EX at home and taking a family members 4x4 though. Didn't want to abuse my EX in all that soupy mud and also be the only 2wd.

mental1
05-29-2002, 12:41 AM
Hurricane Hills now cost $15, 5bucks is for a year membership in the club or something like that and 10 bucks for everytime you want to ride so actually only the first time of the year that you go is 15 after that 10. Meadow Valley is down that way sort of, it's just a pratice track not to bad pretty steep jump faces, another guy that was there the day I went described it best as an outdoor supercross track like I said not bad though I think I was getting more hieght than distance though. Oh and some landings were also on the steep side, definately a track to take a slower first lap on to see the lay out.