PDA

View Full Version : honda 450 motor

crashinmatt
03-06-2002, 07:31 PM
I was talking to one of my friends about the 450 motor, and he said they were junk. He said that he read somewhere that a lot of people were having trouble with the motors seizing up. I was wondering if anybody else has heard or read anything about this? I was just wondering because I would love to have one of those motors powering my quad, but if this is a real problem then I wonder how the pros who are riding 450 powered quads are going to do.

Pro400EXC
03-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Dude your friend needs a punch in the mouth,hehe j/k. No the CRF450R motor is a sweet motor,Honda test's stuff for yr's before it hits the markets,thats why they take long to come out with stuff.

I have many friend who raceHairScrambles on CRF's and they love them,no problems at all they said.

oldnumberseven
03-06-2002, 09:01 PM
Your friend is correct. I have seen two seize so far.

03-07-2002, 07:53 AM
i wouldnt worry too much about a couple of seized motors. when the 400ex came out i knew of a half dozen seized motors within a few months of release....and you wouldnt call that an unreliable motor!!!!! people just love to beat and abuse new and expensive things and blame poor engineering for their short comings. there is nothing wrong with the cr450f motor.