PDA

View Full Version : got my R. i'll have some AIR pics tomorrow!

MotoMom17
03-13-2004, 07:54 PM
this is 450Racer. well. it's an amazing quad. i love every inch of it. the engine is extremely restricted with the stock exhaust and jetting. i cant' wait to get my mods. i'm heading out to the local MX track tommorow. there's a few nice doubles i'm going to get on camera for you guys. i know you guys are dying to see the R in action. i'm racing a National in it next weekend with it, i can't wait.

did some wheelies today. thing is sweet guys!

MotoMom17
03-14-2004, 03:52 PM
well, i went down to Rocket Raceway today. i got there took a lap. went for the second lap and hit almost every double. the 450R is a SWEET bike! some problems you may have are the front end being too light, the power is restricted, it NEEDS either the insert, lid, rejet or a pipe. it's so light if you don't perfectly land you'll get a good jerk.

i guess i was so into flying on that thing i went over my head. i hit this one double that wasn't big but it had a 70 degree downhill landing. i tried to downside it and muscle the front end down...bad idea. my back tires ended up clipping the downside which bounced them over my head. it flipped over and the seat smashed my head and for about 30 minutes i had no idea what was going on. the bars are bent in half, the rear grab bar is toast, and the tail light has been customly remvoed without a screwdriver ;). the quad is fine, i already have bars, grab bar, nerfs, grips, tires, beadlocks, and some other things already ordered.

the bike is SWEET!!!! unfortunately, we didn't get the change to whip out the camera. if my bars come in this week, i'll head back out sunday and get some action pics.

Hammer trx450r
03-14-2004, 05:06 PM
sorry to hear it but im sure you had fun anyway. They definatly like to carry more speed into the hit not so much throttle on the face. don't ya love how good the stock suspension is on a mx track

2004TRX450R
03-16-2004, 12:41 AM
sorry to hear that man! Glad you like it though. If you guy want ot see some pics here is a link to some pics of me at Washougal on Sunday! It was a BLAST!!! I got 2nd in the first moto and 1st in the second and took 1st overall! :D:D:D:D

http://www.gts-motorsports.com/450rpictures.html

beard
03-16-2004, 05:13 AM
well thats how i got new bars on my 400 man that hurts so i know what you felt. if my wife alows im picking mine up today.

avaloncon2
03-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Were you at Rausch Creek? The 65 footer there has a landing like that.

450r_rider
03-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
sorry to hear that man! Glad you like it though. If you guy want ot see some pics here is a link to some pics of me at Washougal on Sunday! It was a BLAST!!! I got 2nd in the first moto and 1st in the second and took 1st overall! :D:D:D:D

http://www.gts-motorsports.com/450rpictures.html
That looks like an awsome track! What's the average temperature there right now? Our tracks in this area are muddy and barren. :D

2004TRX450R
03-16-2004, 08:52 PM
It's in the high 50s to low 60s right now. That track is pretty awsome. It is the same one they use for the dirtbike nationals at Washougal.

MotoMom17
03-17-2004, 09:29 AM
well i took off school yesterday. went to the ER. i have a concusion, whiplash, and head/neck injury. i'm really dizzy and stuff. i ordered all my stuff from Nac's so i should get it at the end of this week.

i need to get used to this thing. it jumps a little weird. sometimes i worry about getting the front end to high so i let off the gas and it nose dives. other times i go too slow, gun it at the last second and then the front end sails. it's a little weird but i'll get used to it. we just got 6 inches of snow which SUCKS!!!! o well.

i'll have some picsin a few weeks i guess. uh oh, teachers coming, later guys.

450r_rider
03-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
It's in the high 50s to low 60s right now. That track is pretty awsome. It is the same one they use for the dirtbike nationals at Washougal.

By the way congrats on 1st overall! I wish we had a place to ride looking like that already! You look at home on the quad. I've never raced but rode with those who have raced GNCC while on my 250x and was never left far behind. I think I'm ready to make the commitment any advice?:D

lukester720
03-17-2004, 10:30 PM
I wish we had a place to ride looking like that already!

What do you mean Troy? Haspin is awesome! I heard that they were going to have a GNC race there this year! lol

Hey we need to get our pratice in somewhere and riding tore up tracks is good training any way. I will try to call you tommorow about doing some riding.

2004TRX450R
03-18-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by 450r_rider
By the way congrats on 1st overall! I wish we had a place to ride looking like that already! You look at home on the quad. I've never raced but rode with those who have raced GNCC while on my 250x and was never left far behind. I think I'm ready to make the commitment any advice?:D

Thanks! It is only my second race ever! I was (needless to say) very happy about it. I didn't realize I was doing that good until the end of the race when my friend told me he was paying attention and thought I came in 1st in my class. I do love this 450R a LOT! It's a blast and now that I am getting into raceing it I'm haveing so much fun! I guess my only advice at this point is just go and have fun and don't go out there to be 1st just go to have fun. If you get some wins then great! But get some practice and don't ride over your head.