PDA

View Full Version : 300ex having problemssarting please help!

westcoastmxer
03-13-2004, 06:55 PM
heyguys can u help mefind out the problem..it wont start and i changed the plug, oil,cleaned filter carband it still wont start till about 15 min. of tryin ..wut else can it be?

RideRedEX
03-13-2004, 08:46 PM
are you using the choke?

roostin_dale
03-13-2004, 08:52 PM
whats it doing and what kind of noise is it making?

JDiablo
03-13-2004, 09:17 PM
most likely you have a dead battery or don't have a good connection...if you here a clicking sound coming from the start rely(right by the battery to the left of it...it is round)then you have a dead battery....if you have one of those voltage detoctor things it will make your job alot easier...try charging the battery for 20 mins then hook it back up real quick to see if it was a dead battery..and if it was then finish charging it...if it isn't the battery then check all your ground connections.....and if worse comes to worse jump start it and then it will recharge your battery somewhat..but check the connections anyway..

westcoastmxer
03-13-2004, 10:20 PM
i charged it up and it still no doin nuttin howu check the groundwires 300exrida?roostindale its sounds like its tryin to turn over but it never does till wen u push the throttle down ittllstart tryin to fire up and then if u do it long enough itll finnally start.

JDiablo
03-14-2004, 11:03 AM
check all wire connections to the frame and other areas are nice a tight and have a good connection....and how long did you charge your battery for?you can feel it turn over correct?idk mebe not enough compression:confused: ..all i can say is try the connections then post a reply on what happened...then we will take it from there i guess

300EX890
03-14-2004, 05:33 PM
is the kill switch on, cuz on the 300EX if the kill switch is on the engine will still turn over but it wont start

bigbadbrad
03-14-2004, 06:10 PM
first off here is a good tip for you, go down to sears and buy a good mulitmeter, it will help you alot when trying to solve electrical problems. get one in the 40-60 dollar range, you get what you pay for. a multi-meter will help you alot, well since you said your motor turns over, but it dont starts, did you your fuel lines, 300ex's stilll have steel tanks, that means that there could be some rust blocking the lines somewheres, and you are not geting enough fuel. oh yes, a fully charged battery will have a charge of 12.6 volts, anything less then that should be charged. also buy a service manual for your atv, it is not the same as the owners manual. it will help you trouble shoot problems and what not. also by looking at the pictures and looking at your atv, you could see if things are the way they are supposed to or if they are messed, up. that is all the advice i can give you for now, good luck

westcoastmxer
03-14-2004, 07:01 PM
thanx alot big brad..and 300exrida i checked the connections and it still wont start it sonds like its a fuel problem cuz wen im tryin to start it it stars actin like its gunna start \after a while and then wen u give it ga it acts like its gunna start and after a while itll finally start.

bigbadbrad
03-17-2004, 08:58 AM
you might need a bigger idle jet.

westcoastmxer
03-17-2004, 08:21 PM
weres the idle screw located ima check my float in the carb tommarro.

hondatv
03-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Check your compression. Sounds like the valves are to tight.