PDA

View Full Version : Is there any quad that is so fast that...

blondie69
03-13-2004, 05:58 PM
your not allowed racin in MX races with it, and your only able to do uphill climbing w/ it??:confused:

Cuz I jus got done talkin to my best friend, and she was sayin her bf's brother jus bought one and she can't remember the name of it, and that it's so fast that it's not allowed in MX races and you can only do uphill climbing w/ it. She was all excited that her bf said he'd take her on it. Just I don't him to be BS'in her. So I'd ask the pro's at this, cuz I named off a bunch of quads and she said she absolutley could not remember it.

If so, what's the name of it?? How fast (apx.) can it go? I never asked if it was stock or not tho..but she wouldn't have known.

I jus hope he doesn't kill her...cuz he's a speed demon..and so is she...she'll tell him to go faster...and he doesn't ride quads very much...if he hurts her, he's gonna regret it...:mad: :grr:

WhiteBros400ex
03-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Maybe a quadzilla lt500, BUT it can never be too fast for MX, probably just too heavy.:p

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-13-2004, 06:09 PM
sounds like BS

400exrider555
03-13-2004, 06:11 PM
its bs, you can never have to fast

blondie69
03-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Yea, she said that he said it was too fast for MX. That's what confused me. She was like "It's faster then a Banshee!!!!" and I was there like "...alot are faster then banshee's...." and I like named off like trx, yfz, and a few others. I'm jus thinkin he's BS'in her, but as long as he doesn't kill her, I'm fine w/ it.
She's only ever been on my old quad, my snowmobile, and like 1 of my other best friends Banshee. To be honest, I don't like her goin on w/ other ppls...cuz I don't trust them w/ her. And her boyfriend...I don't trust at all. So I don't *want* her to go w/ him, but I'm not gonna stop her, cuz she's too excited about it. But she hardly ever gets the opportunities to go on quads n stuff (she loves them, but never really gets the chances to ride em or nothing), but I'd rather if they were drivin a 250ex or something:p Or something slower then "a quad that is too fast to race in MX races":rolleyes: :confused: lol

sly400ex
03-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Maybe the Bombardier, not that it's too fast, just that it's over cc regulation....

Either way, it's BS.....tell her to come pay us a visit w/ her boyfriend and we'll set em' straight.:macho ;)

cdalejef
03-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Only thing I can think of is if its one of those hybrids with a street bike engine made for hill climbing. That would probally qualify as to fast for MX. No rules against it but it would be death in the making.

03-13-2004, 07:36 PM
im throwin the BS flag on that:p

Stevie-D
03-13-2004, 07:55 PM
maybe the guy owns The Legend:p ya know..the trinity racing banshee with a 550 or 575 something cc engine in it? maybe he plans on doing some MX racing with it:huh :D

JDiablo
03-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by member
im throwin the BS flag on that:p

ill take care of it...lol

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/300exrida99/quad/bsflag.gif

deathman53
03-13-2004, 09:22 PM
never can have too fast of a quad. I guess a 350r isn't allowed on a motorcross track because its too fast. sounds like bs to me. To the best of my knowledge almost all quads are allowed on mx tracks, I ride trikes and as many know they aren't welcome on most mx tracks, so I would think if there was a quad that was too fast for a mx track it would be right next to the big sign that say NO 3 WHEELERS. I don't think I would want to ride a banchee with a 550 kit, +12 swingarm, solid strut, etc on a mx track, but you would be allowed to ride it.

wilkin250r
03-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Not allowed? That's absurd. There are rules resticting engine displacement (you can't run a 250cc in the 125cc class, or a banshee in the 250cc class) but there is no restriction on speed.

However, the realm of practical or sensible is another matter. It sounds like the quad this guy might be talking about is a Quadzilla, a Suzuki LT500. They are very fast (faster than a banshee) and it would be ABSURD to try to race them MX. They are way too heavy, too fast, and have terrible suspension for MX. Basically, they are only good for dunes or hillshooting. Sure, you can race one MX, but it would be really stupid. It's like trying to race a Corvette in a Mudbogging race. Sure, you can try it, if you're an idiot.

Punk'd
03-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Maybe its that NEW and IMPROVED Sportrax 90:eek: :confused:

sly400ex
03-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Not allowed? That's absurd. There are rules resticting engine displacement (you can't run a 250cc in the 125cc class, or a banshee in the 250cc class) but there is no restriction on speed.

However, the realm of practical or sensible is another matter. It sounds like the quad this guy might be talking about is a Quadzilla, a Suzuki LT500. They are very fast (faster than a banshee) and it would be ABSURD to try to race them MX. They are way too heavy, too fast, and have terrible suspension for MX. Basically, they are only good for dunes or hillshooting. Sure, you can race one MX, but it would be really stupid. It's like trying to race a Corvette in a Mudbogging race. Sure, you can try it, if you're an idiot.

Intelligence rules!:D :macho

logansowner
03-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Now, I'm not a quad guy, but I've raced bikes long enough to know that that is utter BS. Besides, there is no one organization which governs all atv/bike racing so therefor you can't say anything is banned becasue even if one group did that, it wouldn't be the "norm" as there are so many groups out there which do races. All he wants is to make her think he's a big tough guy and get in her pants:rolleyes:

Tommy 17
03-14-2004, 07:51 AM
it could be like a raptor and they can't race it in a 250 motocross race because its over 450cc... thats the only thing i can think of or what jeff said...

btw i like the uphill climbing... ur sure it ain't downhill climbing tegan:devil:

blondie69
03-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Okay, thanxs guys! I just wanted to get it cleared up. Next time I talk to him I'll quiz him up on it, and then clarify what he's trying to pull. I'll ask him if he has like a Lt500R or if its cc is too high to race in MX by regulations or if it's just to heavy to race etc. Just from this thread I probably got enough information to burn him n proove he's BS'in. I don't like him anyways, and I probably could of ripped him up before this w/ the info I knew bout quads...but this will make it even better...:devil: He'll be all shocked n chit, cuz he thinks that I don't know much about anything, especially quads. So I'll prove him wrong..:blah:

blondie69
03-14-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
btw i like the uphill climbing... ur sure it ain't downhill climbing tegan:devil:

And what would u mean by that Tommy!?!:eek: :eek2: :eek: