PDA

View Full Version : Oil Changin F*** up stories lol

WEEZIL
03-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Everyone that has changed oil in their life has messed up atleast once... or twice. So lets her them stories.. I have the mother of oil change mess ups.. but i will post it after we get some responses

David28
03-13-2004, 03:49 PM
I was changin the oil on my kx and i turned the drain bolt the wrong way!!!........didnt even turn it very hard but it didnt take much to strip it out.

Tommy 17
03-13-2004, 03:51 PM
changed the oil... went to tighten the bolt on the bottom of the oil pan and snapped it out... the welds around the bottom broke:o

sly400ex
03-13-2004, 04:00 PM
KX 80 I had, had a heli-coil....I was torquing the bolt, SNAP! There goes all the bottom of the case into my oil drain pan!:mad:

So fess up, what'd you do???:devil: :D

elite ATV1
03-13-2004, 04:03 PM
one time me and my friend weer changing the oil in the 300, it was on the trailer and we went to get off of the trailer and the hole thing and quad came up spilled oil all over it was funny aftwerwards :macho :blah:

2001400ex
03-13-2004, 04:18 PM
For some reason my drain plug was on extremely tight (I guess the moron that owned the quad before me overtorqued it) on the resivoir, and I sat there and cranked it, broke the weld and all the oil spilled out...not on my face though:D

ReconRider25
03-13-2004, 04:24 PM
umm lets see.....stripped out drain plug hole for oil on the recon, then got a heli-coil in it......month later i decide to change the oil this time using a torque wrench......turns out the torque wrench is faulty and i overtorque the bolt again.....taking a chunk out of the cases.....:p

Ralph
03-13-2004, 04:47 PM
we changed the oil on a 200sx overtorked it and the case also cracked, it was a ***** and we welded it back together and rethreaded ti

Bill Fuller
03-13-2004, 05:10 PM
First time I changed the oil on the 'ol 250X i was amazed that the thing actually took 4 quarts of oil....................Until my buddy told me that I forgot to put the plug in.:D

Rrider4life8
03-13-2004, 06:23 PM
pop was changing oil in my old 300ex and put in the oil filter backwards ..... about 30 minutes into riding my topend blew up. Everybody at the local dealership refers to my pops the dumb***** who put in the oil filter backwards

sly400ex
03-13-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
First time I changed the oil on the 'ol 250X i was amazed that the thing actually took 4 quarts of oil....................Until my buddy told me that I forgot to put the plug in.:D

Hahahaha.....:D

Pappy
03-13-2004, 06:47 PM
wasnt a quad...it was my wifes truck.

i changed the oil, started the truck...only to notice i didnt have the oil filter on it:rolleyes:

clean everything up, INSTALL the filter and start the truck up. everything was cool until i backed the truck up to clean where i had made a mess:( backed the front tire over the oil drain bucket...oil EVERYwhere:mad:

i hate..repeat hate...changing oil

WEEZIL
03-13-2004, 06:58 PM
F*ck up #1
when i was 12 I was changing the oil in my dads chevy work truck.. So he is underneath it putting in a new starter.. cursing a blue streak at it.. and i had just put the oil filter in I was ready to put the new oil in.. So i explained exactly where the cap was for the oil to go into.. keep in mind the top of the engine is all greasy so he is all shrewd and is like yeah yeah.. whatever.. yeah thats it.. So i start pouring in the oil.. I get about 3/4 of the first quart in it and all of the sudden it starts overflowing.. just POURING and i mean DUMPING out of the hole.. so i get oil all over my dad.. he is like god damn it.. what the ****in **** are you doing you retard?!!!! I am half peeing my pants.. cause i sure didn't know what i had done.. then he goes AHH YOU IDIOT!! THATS WHERE THE POWER STEERING FLUID GOES!
LMFAO!!!

so today I changed the oil in my ex..
I didnt spill a drop.. so i figure "woo hoo" i am on a roll. Havent spilled a drop.. dad cant call me stupid! So i figure.. wow. I'll be smart.. move the oil pan over so when i take the oil filter off i wont make a mess.. So i take out the oil filter.. goes without a hitch.. oil goes right into the pan.. "woo hoo"... ya know.. so i go to slide the oil pan back over to the middle of the quad to get it out of my way to install the new filter.. here.. i didnt realize that when you remove the oil filter MORE oil lets loose inside and comes out of the drain hole.. so basicly oil everywhere.. so i am out there cursing at myself just as my dad comes outside. so he to could join in and call me an ididot..
So then.. I am putting in the new oil.. i dump in the first quart.. put the stick in to check where it is (this whole mess could have been missed had i just called the bike shop and asked them how much it holds) so i put the stick in.. and its barely on the stick.. so i am like sweet. I put in the second quart like a retard. and manage to put entirely too much in. so i had to drain my oil out.. and start from square one...
Some days i just cant win

Lil - Braff
03-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Someone posted this on KentuckyRiders and I got a good laugh out of it so figured I'd share it...

HOW TO CHANGE THE OIL

Oil Change instructions for Women:
1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.
2) Drink a cup of coffee.
3) 15 minutes later write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.

MONEY SPENT:
Oil Change $20.00
Coffee $1.00
Total $21.00

Oil Change instructions for Men:
1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00
2) Stop and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20.00, drive home.
3) Open a beer and drink it.
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
9) Give up and use crescent wrench.
10) Unscrew drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process. Cuss.
12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.
16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
17) Buddy shows up; finish case of beer with him. Decide to finish oil change tomorrow so you can go see his new garage door opener.
1 Sunday: Skip church because "I gotta finish the oil change." Drag can full of old oil out from underneath car. Cleverly dump oil in hole in back yard instead of taking it back to Kragen to recycle.
19) Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during step 18.
20) Beer? No, drank it all yesterday.
21) Walk to 7-11; buy beer.
22) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.
23) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
24) Remember drain plug from step 11.
25) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
26) Remember that the used oil is buried in a hole in the back yard, along with drain plug.
27) Drink beer.
2 Shovel out hole and sift oily mud for drain plug. Re-shovel oily dirt into hole. Steal sand from kids sandbox to cleverly cover oilypatch of ground and avoid environmental penalties. Wash drain plug in lawnmower gas.
29) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.
30) Drink beer.
31) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame.
32) Bang head on floorboards in reaction to step 31.
33) Begin cussing fit.
34) Throw stupid crescent wrench.
35) Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit Miss December (1992) in the left boob.
36) Beer.
37) Clean up hands and forehead and bandage as required to stop blood flow.
3 Beer.
39) Beer.
40) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
41) Beer.
42) Lower car from jack stands.
43) Accidentally crush remaining case of new motor oil.
44) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during steps 23 - 43.
45) Beer.
46) Test drive car.
47) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.
4 Car gets impounded.
49) Call loving wife, make bail.
50) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.

MONEY SPENT:
Parts $50.00
DUI $2500.00
Impound fee $75.00
Bail $1500.00
Beer $40.00
Total-- $4165.00 But you know the job was done right!

03-13-2004, 07:05 PM
well me & my friend were skipping school & we got bored.....(he ives in a really rich neighborhood by the way)...so we were bored & I decided to show him how to change the oil in a truck (since he would soon be driving & didnt know how)....s I get him to help me & we take the old oil out into one of his buckets & I put the newoil filter on & wer'e all happy & stuff b/c hes learning how to change the oil....well then I tell him to hold the funnel while I pour the new oil in...so I pour it all in while hes holding the funnel & then I look down at our feet & brand new oil is everywhere....we had forgotten to put the drain plug back in...then we get a hose & spray it & it goes all over his street....then im stuck at his house untill his parents get home early & catch us skipping & then they helped me get some new oil at wal mart....this was all before christmas & he still has the big oil spot out in his street to this day. its hilarious b/c of the kind of neighborhood he lives in where its all fancy.

ReconRider25
03-13-2004, 07:55 PM
^^so did you get in trouble for skipping? lol

03-13-2004, 08:39 PM
i got in trouble for skipping but I was in more trouble for that oil all over their street

Out_Sider
03-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller

i did the same thing this morning when i was changing the oil on my 300... lol

03-13-2004, 08:47 PM
i was changin the oil in my 400 and wasnt payin a bit of attention cause i figured "yea this is a piece of cake, i can handle it" and accidentally grabed some craftsman 2-stroke oil and put it in. i think it actually made it go faster. i finished riding and pulled in the garage and realized what i did. i was like "im not changin the oil again" cause i was kinda tired. about a month later it starts back firing
(i dont know if it was because of the oil) so i pull it in the garage and go tell my dad what its doing. the next day we take it to the dealership and get a tune-up and i went out riding when we got it back and it wasnt back firing anymore. so now, we put the 2-stroke oil on one shelf and the 4-stroke on another.

sprtrx300ex
03-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Back when I was young and dumb, I decided to check the oil level with the quad running. bad idea

03-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by sprtrx300ex
Back when I was young and dumb, I decided to check the oil level with the quad running. bad idea i tried to gas up once with it running and in gear standing on the right side. lets just say i was a walking/riding "fire hazard" by the time i was finished;). (if you cant figure it out, the gas can is so big that i accidentally hit the throttle with the gas can and it knocked me down and i spilt gas all over me)

Sportrax10
03-13-2004, 11:04 PM
One time after putting a new top-end on my friends Blaster he started it up without the cap off, and when we were listening to how well it idled we didnt even see 1/2 a quart of oil come out. Put some more in, runs good till this day...:macho

Punk'd
03-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Believe it or not the first time i changed my oil NOTHING WENT WRONG!! (that i know of atleast) yes i was trained well;)

Ryan
03-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by punk'd
Believe it or not the first time i changed my oil NOTHING WENT WRONG!! (that i know of atleast) yes i was trained well;)

:o :confused:

Punk'd
03-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
:o :confused:

is this a good :o :confused: ? lol

sly400ex
03-14-2004, 01:29 AM
is this a good :o :confused: ? lol

Should be....:)

Tommy 17
03-14-2004, 07:46 AM

go sit in the corner for doin it right:grr: haha

03-14-2004, 08:54 AM
my friend on his recon changed his oil & left the dipstick out & rode to the end of his driveway & the oil was all over the place but most was on his leg......:rolleyes: hes retarded

Chanman420q
03-14-2004, 10:57 AM
LOL!! i did the same thing, my recon was running and i took the dipstick out to look at the level and oil was squirting everwhere, i had thought i broken the quad, so i put it away and went back inside. lol

CEET400ex
03-14-2004, 11:21 AM
F**k up #1- Changin the oil on the 400 right...some idiot..similar to a story above..tightened the drain bolt too tight so i did what anyone would do and cranked on it and it snapped the whole bottom out of the resevoir..got that rewelded...still leaks a lil to this day cuz i need a washer for the drain bolt.

F**k up #2....changed the oil on the 300....got all done and im all proud and we go ridin and i just remember i forgot to put the oil in...stop rding and go home and put in oil...lucky save

F**k up #3- Chnagin the oil on the 400 the other day and the left bolt on the oil filter cover was way too tight and is starting to strip so i decide not to make it worse. Now i have to find a way to remove the almost stripped bolt :rolleyes: :mad:

03-14-2004, 01:34 PM
never have I heard of some1 forgetting to put the oil back in?

Mr.Offroad
03-14-2004, 05:23 PM
I got a mother-of-all-oil-change-stories. When I was a teenager, I was employed at a local Ford dealer as a janitor. A guy (and I use this term loosely) I had gone to school with that couldn't be trusted to do too many male-type chores had his Ford Granada 4-door towed into the shop." What the heck did you do, Merle?" says I. "Well, I decided to take the bull by the horns and do the first mechanical thing I have ever done, and change my own oil"he says. He had bought a pair of car ramps, a filter, and enough oil to mke the Arabs fire up another pump. He brought it home, set up the car ramps, and promptly drove all the way over them, creaming out his rocker panels. After jacking it up, pulling out the ramps, and inserting them under the front tires, he drained his oil, changed the filter, and filled the crankcase all the way 'till it overflowed the valve cover. He then started it to pull down off the ramps, and blew the seals out of the engine from mysteriously way-high oil pressure. By the time they replaced the seals in his brand-new Granada, then ran it to the body shop to be repaired, I think it was just about a total loss!

03-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Changin the oil on my z50....Drain bolt came loose and fell out while I was riding.. All im gonna say!:blah:

ewalker302
03-14-2004, 07:50 PM
Probably the second time I changed the oil in the 400 I somehow forgot to put the wrench on the side drain bolt, just finger tight.

Needless to say I got a (very) hotfoot.

:bandit:

440exnacsracer
03-14-2004, 08:53 PM
i was checkin the oil in my 400 ....while it was running, stupidly, and unscrewed the dip stick from the oil reservior.....oil went everywhere, hot oil all over my arm, hand, WHITE alpine boots, ya, i felt like a Dumba**

Chef
03-14-2004, 09:08 PM
I broke the little thing the drain bolt goes in on a 400ex...clean off.....Friday night at about 9:00 pm. There was a race the next day. :rolleyes:

SGA
03-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i hate..repeat hate...changing oil
You not the only one. Ive changed oil plento of times and about 10 years ago, I said bump this, I'll pay to have it done. I dont mind small engines. Cars, nope.

GA400ex
03-15-2004, 08:53 AM
I had my Tahoe on a truck lift and I was installing a shift kit. I had planned to take out all the bolts except for one from the tranny pan. Before I realized it, I had taken out all the bolts. The pan fell on my head along with all the transmission fluid. I smelled like tranny fluid for the next week.

EXDUNER127
03-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Wow quite some mishaps.
You want to hear something really dumb, one day i changed the oil on my 400 did everything right i was putting the new filter in and not paying attention overtightened the longer bolt on the filter cover, so i took the whole side case off to see twist it out that way and got it. so then i go to put the case back on i am ticked in the first place cussing and the case wasnt going on right even and then i hear this pop sound and realized after taking case of again that i broke the clutch pin in side the case. hour before a rid that day...still go out that day on friends 400, overjump a double and bottomed out foot falls out and bike runs over foot, fractures femer. next week go to put new pin in and on last bolt of side case over tighten because of being nervous of ****in it up again. oh there goes another bolt.

let me tell you, i have never had such a mishap from changing oil!

03-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Changing your oil is a waste of time I think...:cool: I"m still running stock oil in my 3 year old 400...:macho

03-15-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Changing your oil is a waste of time I think...:cool: I"m still running stock oil in my 3 year old 400...:macho but i dont have the money to fix it when it screws the engine up. somehow or another, if i dont change something when im supposed to, it screws my quad up. a year ago, i was supposed to change the spark plug before i went riding and the bazturd stalled half way up the trail. sein how my friend isnt home to tow me and my dads quad is messed up, i have to push it back:grr: :mad:. but thats yamaha for ya

sickmojave
03-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Changing your oil is a waste of time I think...:cool: I"m still running stock oil in my 3 year old 400...:macho

real men don't need oil on their K&N's either :macho just run it dry and it makes the dust easier to get off when it's time to clean.:eek: :devil:

WEEZIL
03-16-2004, 10:57 AM
C'MON! THERES GOTTA BE MORE THAN THIS!

Blysster
03-16-2004, 12:20 PM
#1 One nice summer day a few years ago I decided I would have a few cold beer while washing the car (Dodge colt I had) and changing the oil in it. Several beers later I was all done. I was feeling pretty good by then and I somehow forgot to put the oil cap back on (not good).

#2 Not really a oil change story by funny none the less. Robert, a friend of mine, had bought a new Sidekick. Since this was his first vehicle, he was very proud of it and kept it very well maintained. After changing the oil in it (flawlessly) he noticed that something was leaking behind his sidekick that was comming from the front. It wasn't oil but he couldn't figure out what it was so he decided to touch it and smell it. He only realized after we could barely breath from laughing so hard that someone had taken a piss in front of it.

03-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Blysster

#2 Not really a oil change story by funny none the less. Robert, a friend of mine, had bought a new Sidekick. Since this was his first vehicle, he was very proud of it and kept it very well maintained. After changing the oil in it (flawlessly) he noticed that something was leaking behind his sidekick that was comming from the front. It wasn't oil but he couldn't figure out what it was so he decided to touch it and smell it. He only realized after we could barely breath from laughing so hard that someone had taken a piss in front of it. LMFAO

03-16-2004, 03:56 PM
OMG i laughed until i cried taht one is great.

QuAdEr 317
03-16-2004, 05:38 PM
i drained the oil and oil filter. and wen i went to pu the drain plug back in i jus screwed it in a lil n put the wratchet on n ratched the drain bolt n stripped it. i thought i needed both sides cases and all but all i needed to to was helicoyle it and it took 10 minutes. also the heli coyle holds up great.

CowsBitePeople
03-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Changed the oil on my old quad real guick then took a ride to my friends on the road, I get there and all my oil is pourin out all over the road, i guess i didnt tighten it all the way, as im pushin it back home im lookin at the ground and i see the oil line where it startted to his house, it was reallyyyy lonnngggggggg