PDA

View Full Version : 300EX Clutch Question

drifterx
03-13-2004, 01:59 PM
I have a brand new 300EX. My question is, when I am riding in higher gears (5, 4 and sometimes 3) when I let off the clutch and let the engine brake a little, the clutch (I think its the clutch) makes this eeeek sound. Is this normal, or should I take it into the dealer. It is loud enough to be heard over the engine.

And my clutch lever had some up and down play in it, so i tried to tighten the screw that the lever pivots on to see if that would do it, and the bottom of screw broke off with the nut. Honda put a crap load of thread lock on it. So, do I need a new screw and nut too? Or something else?

Thanks

cals400ex
03-13-2004, 04:22 PM
just get the nut or bolt that you broke. the up and down play is alright. they all will do that a little bit. just make sure you have around 1/8 to 1/4 inch of play in the lever when you pull it back.

is the noise coming from the lever or the clutch in the engine case?

drifterx
03-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks

Its not in the lever, but I don't think its in the engine. I think it is somewhere in between, maybe in the cables.

cals400ex
03-14-2004, 12:51 AM
i have a feeling its not related to your clutch. try to listen harder and see where it is coming from.

drifterx
03-14-2004, 11:31 PM
I really can't tell, other than i can tell that it is coming from the front section of the machine. And that it happens when i let out on the cluch in higher gears, or even higher rpms.

Aceman
03-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Just take it to your dealer and have them warranty it.