PDA

View Full Version : Broken PS2

maxthrottle
03-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Not sure if it was this forum or rx7club forum but someone baught broken ps2s. Well if its not this one, you know where i can get mine fixed?

2001400ex
03-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Try in your local mall, I think a big chain store is Babbages...they can probably fix one...maybe a Radio Shack too...

blondie69
03-13-2004, 12:57 PM
If you bought it directly from The Sony Store, & you still have warrenty on it, then your able to get it fixed no questions asked. We had bought extended warrenty on ours. We got it from The Sony Store and they were sayin that there are people that have shot it with paintball guns, smashed them with baseball bats etc. It covers anything. The people who did that wanted to test that out, and they got a new one :huh *looks at lighter, then at PS2. Back at lighter..back at the PS2...:devil:*

jab300ex
03-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Whats wrong with it. It might just need cleaned. Mine wouldn't play some games or dvds so I went online and did a search and there are alot of sites that helped. I also cleaned my nephews. No probs now.:D

maxthrottle
03-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Yea, i tried to take it apart and clean it out........so no more warranty (though i didnt really have one) it still isnt working to good, maybe i could try it again. It sounds like something is wrong with the gears. because it makes a winding sound.

ewalker302
03-14-2004, 08:06 PM
If your getting disk read errors, here is the way to fix it.

Take off the cover, then take off the cover over the disc tray, you will see a little white gear with a piece of metal holding it in place. This is the adjustment for the lazer (focus). Just mark the gear w/a felt tip pen or something then move it a notch at a time till it works again.

:bandit:

400exmom
03-14-2004, 08:15 PM
i just called sony and told them to fix it and they did~

4 months later same problem.. i called them again:mad: i told them to send me a new one ....and they did

Got Huevos?
03-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by ewalker302
If your getting disk read errors, here is the way to fix it.

Take off the cover, then take off the cover over the disc tray, you will see a little white gear with a piece of metal holding it in place. This is the adjustment for the lazer (focus). Just mark the gear w/a felt tip pen or something then move it a notch at a time till it works again.

:bandit:

i fixed mine like this early last year. just make a mark and move in in 45 degree intervals will it reads all types of disc's. also take a Q-Tip and wipe the laser and clean it. make sure its dry before putting it back together.

crday98
03-15-2004, 09:19 AM
i know just how to fix it. go to the local wal mart and buy a new one,put the junk one back in the box and return it saying that it didn't work and get your money back. make sure you keep your receipt or they'll only give you a gift card in return.;) i know a few people that had done this and got away with it. remember..... the customer is always right:D

03-15-2004, 11:25 AM
i sold mine broken on ebay & stil lgot alot of money for it & then I bought a new xbox with it & the xbox is so much better.I used to talk bad about xbox saying it had no good games & stuff but it does now & PS2 has all those ****ty japananese games that make me want to kill people in real life & stuff :eek2: :huh :eek2:

450crfexquad
03-16-2004, 06:57 PM
just buy a new one and then put the old one back in the box and make sure you switch the serial number and then take it back and get your money back thats what did:devil: