PDA

View Full Version : setting up for gncc

beard
03-13-2004, 11:18 AM
im going to be picking up a 450r with in this year, and want to set it up for racing with it also in mind for trail riding. my question is what shocks should i get for the price and quality, new swing arm +1" and wheels douglas billit beedlocks or hypertech carbonfiber. and any thing else you think i would need. I was about to do this to my 400EX then honda came out with the 450. well thanks for your time.

jb500ex
03-13-2004, 02:24 PM
get a good skid plate,i like the holeshot XC tires, a steering stabilizer is a must have, i had TCS shocks on my 400 and i like them but i might try elka's on my R, and hiper rims are the best

beard
03-14-2004, 06:37 PM
i think im getting a friend to make me up a carbon fiber set of skid plates swingarm frame and a-arms and get dg race nerfs front and rear bumpers. lsr swing arm axle and so on when they come out elka shocks, fmf Q pipe and powerbomb header with their pro kit whith jets air filter and some others and put a new cam in mabe piston. hyper teck wheels and hole shot xct tires renthal bars. is their any thing else you might recomend

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-15-2004, 09:58 AM
If you haven't done a 13 tooth sprocket you might want too. I would also recommend the steering stabilizer, skid plates, a good 6 ply tire with a rolled edge, beadlock or reinforcing ring. Nerfs would also be another must have :)

Boy I think I just made a list of things that I need for my 450r before the TN GNCC :D

300exHILLER
03-15-2004, 04:22 PM
are the steering stabilizers out yet? if so , who makes them. I need one.