PDA

View Full Version : flipped the quad yesterday....

Out_Sider
03-13-2004, 08:17 AM
yesterday i was riding around in the shallow part of my neighbors pond, the bottom of the pond is really hardpacked, so it wasnt muddy or nothing, but it started getting deep..like up to the head pipe, and all of a sudden the front left tire goes into a drop off..and the quad flips over in the water with me under it. it was floating tires up, until i finally got free from under it and turned it over..then i swam it over, because it started floating. and the airbox was filled with water..and i drained that out and turn the quad over on the grab bar to let anything else out. and after we let it sit for about an hour, i had to ride it w/ the choke on just to make it to my house...and today im gonna change the oil, clean the carburator, and wipe all the air boots clean and stuff. so what do yall think of all that...?

Bill Fuller
03-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Should be OK as long as you change the oil a couple of times.Get the oil changed immediatly than start the quad and let it warm up after it heats up drain the oil repeat this process 3 or 4 times until oil is clean.

Bill Fuller
03-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Oh and by the way get a utility for the pond riding deep water is bad on bearings and seals:devil:

Out_Sider
03-13-2004, 01:44 PM
i need help....i changed the oil and all...and i think there is somin wrong w/ the carb now because this morning it was puttering and wouldnt go much above idle....and then it went to working great, and now after i let it cool down...its puttering again? wats up w/ this??

Bill Fuller
03-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Could be water in the gas.

03-13-2004, 03:27 PM
ask ReconRider25 same thing happened to him...he knows..i think he changed the oil a couple of times and it was great.

03-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i need help....i changed the oil and all...and i think there is somin wrong w/ the carb now because this morning it was puttering and wouldnt go much above idle....and then it went to working great, and now after i let it cool down...its puttering again? wats up w/ this??

choke still on?:)

Out_Sider
03-13-2004, 04:00 PM
no thats the thing...it runs better with the choke on!!! i'm gonna drain all the gas and put new gas in, and clean the carb again, and see what happens. thanx for the replies
and ReconRider... PM me if u get this for some tips on what else to do

brian-250
03-13-2004, 04:30 PM
flush yer gas tank out with carb cleaner;)

ReconRider25
03-13-2004, 04:43 PM
out_sider- sent you a pm.:)

400exdad
03-13-2004, 06:34 PM
My grandaddy used to say "Experience is the best teacher." :D Sorry to hear about the trouble, I hope you get it straightened out.