PDA

View Full Version : silver lake7-26 til 7-30 (from maryland)

Honda5
03-13-2004, 06:40 AM
I'm going to silver lake this summer again. Evrey one backed out on us (me and the wife) last year,boy did they miss out. We will ride 3 or 4 days and just stay at the campground the other. we would love to ride with others. if anyone is interested let me know.

slow moto
03-13-2004, 07:42 PM
I wish I could go

Admin
03-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Where is Silver Lake?

TheChknhwk
03-13-2004, 09:15 PM
450 acre dune scramble area on the west coast of Michigan between Traverse city and Muskegon.

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/ParksandTrailsInfo.asp?id=493

kwatts400
03-13-2004, 11:46 PM
It's in a little town called Mears, Michigan. I went last summer and had a blast. If I was able to get time off in the summer, I'd go again in a heartbeat.

moto93
03-14-2004, 10:04 AM
I can't believe anyone would drive that far to go to Silver Lake. Seems like you'd rather hit Windrock, Paragon, Hatfield, etc.

kwatts400
03-14-2004, 10:53 AM
If you want to ride on the sand, you really don't have much of a choice. There used to be some sand pits in Jersey that you could ride, but the fines that they are handing out now are insane. My trip to Silver Lake last summer cost me about 1/4 of what a trip to Glamis in the winter would have cost. I don't know where else you would be able to ride a jet ski in the morning and ride a quad the rest of the afternoon.

Where I live, good riding is a 1 1/2- 2 hour drive anyway (still haven't tried Blue Diamond), so road trips every once in a while are all part of the game. To me, each of those places is fun in its own way, because they are all different.

american400
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
I live in Michigan and go to silver lake every memorial day and labor day weekends and any time in between. it is a blast to ride and the dunes change with the wind. you can sit and watch the trucks try to make it up test hill or watch the drags on the flats and see tug of wars through the water hole and the riding is great. if you can build it you will see it there. go have fun. live the dream and if you haven't been there then you better pack your bags.