PDA

View Full Version : Custom Axis

yamadog
03-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Has anyone got their Custom Axis set up well for cross-country.If so I need some help, I am in panic mode.
Race this weekend, I just got my Axis rear, have not had allot of time to set them up. What little time I did have they felt pretty stiff. Help me if you can. Thank you.

03-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Most people have had problems getting there rear shock set up right for CC right. call DeRisi racing. Santo is a pro GNCC racer with a suspention shop and runs axis on his YFZ. Super nice guy and will be more than happy to help you

704-538-3512

yamadog
03-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Yes, I know of Santo, great guy,. He's is even a better of a guy now since he made the switch to a Yamaha. lol. I talked to him ealier today about doing my front shocks. I have heard some good feed back about his work, while researching. I should of just got him to do the rears instead of dumping about a grand into it. I just needed some answers now, I have a race this weekend, first of the season. I will probably see him then. Meanwhile if anyone has this set up and can help me, please do. Thank you.

Zp909ix
03-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Yep, I've heard the same thing. The YFZ chassis is very sensitive to ride height/rake, spring setup. To high in the back and it won't ride right. To choppy. To low in the back and your bouncing off your bottom out bumper under acceleration. To low in the rear will also make your steering heavy. To much caster. I also hear the YFZ is sensitive to throttle input. I also hear that riders who get their skirt caught in the chain have more problems than riders who are on the gas. Not to say that's your problem, just what I've heard. There are a lot of different setups out there and I think most people are still trying to figure it out what works best for them.

Did you try calling Axis and asking them? I hear their tech support is pretty helpful. You could also try calling or e/m'ing Ars FX. They are pretty sharp on that setup too. Got Bill's quad working pretty good! Another good person to try is Jay Gobel with Maxis tire. He is the Axis rep at all the GNCC races. I also hear one of the guys from Axis is also going the the GNCC race in NC.