View Full Version : This makes THREE!

SpeedBump
03-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Well, this is the 3rd of my riding buddies to get their new Rs. This time it was Aaron who got his. We went down to the dealer to pick it up today. About a month late, but better late than never, eh? Well, here are a couple pics, and a link to a little video, sorry about the quality, but trying to keep the size down for the dial-up guys. Enjoy.450R 5 minutes old (http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/Aaron450R.avi)

BTW.....he is gonna break it in over the next day or so,and got the HRC kit waitin to go in sometime in the next few days.

SHHHH!!! That is a secret, the other guys don't have the HRC yet.

SpeedBump
03-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Aaron on his new toy @ Banik's Honda and gettin it loaded to head on home.

http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/AaronR1.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/AaronR2.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/AaronR3.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/AaronR4.jpg

atvrider12764
03-12-2004, 08:56 PM
how much he getting it for otd i u dont mind me asking?

SpeedBump
03-12-2004, 11:49 PM
The quad alone, no HRC kit or anything else....O T D $6300

He is selling them for $5999.00 +TTL. One of the other dealers about 25 miles away same price, and a 3rd dealer has been complaining about these 2 selling them so cheap. He is trying to get full retail..... :rolleyes: That guy is a ARSEBAG anyway, so tuff SH1T on him.

There is one sitting there on his showroom floor right not.....grab your cash and go get it :devil: :devil:

Actually, another guy came by a day or 2 ago and put his money down....sorry to get your hopes up! :macho

okie400exrider
03-13-2004, 12:46 AM
6259 OTD with farm card (tax exempt) at the place where I got mine. YAHOO, they were told that they would get them at the end of march. They were hoping for 20th, but they came in on the 9th and spoiled everybodies plans. LOL

atvrider12764
03-13-2004, 09:13 AM
speed bump what are the names of the two dealeres that are selling um for 5999

450rboy
03-13-2004, 11:21 AM
where do you live in western PA. i live in punxsutawney. and do you know how many people have order there 4 wheelers there. the honda dealer ship i usually go to is brookway honda and rocktin mountain.

SpeedBump
03-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Banik's and Tom's Cycle.

Banik's is in Carroltown, PA
Tom's is right down the road from you less than 30miles. Indiana on Wayne Ave.

2 of my friends got theirs from Baniks and the other got his @ Tom's

As for how many people have them ordered, or $$$$$$ down, I have no idea..

To be honest, if I was in the market for a new quad, it would be a big Rincon 650. I can't see buying another sport quad for that kinda money. I don't race, so I not need the speed in the trails that bad. DO NOT take this as meaning I think the 450R is not worth the money, if you want a fast sport quad, I would buy the new R in a second, NEVER would I buy the Yamaha (like my brother is doing. :rolleyes: ) BTW, the dude up in Brockway is not very friendly, I drive truck for FedEx and deliver up there all the time. I would NEVER get anything from him. Later

crashsmith
03-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Ask him what the needle # is please and post it .
Thanx

900rracer
03-13-2004, 05:50 PM
I got the first one that came to Tom's Cycle in Indiana, PA. I put deposit down in September and it came in January 28th and I picked up on the 30th. Tom's is a nice dealership not too far from Punxsy. Do you know tha Porada family in Punxsy--they own a martial arts dojo and gym?

SpeedBump
03-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by crashsmith
Ask him what the needle # is please and post it .
Thanx
I am assuming you mean when he rejets for the HRC kit. I will ask as soon as he gets it on.

RideRedFox
03-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Hey Guys i live in Ridgway PA i'm 15 mins from brockway and speedbump is right that guy is a grade A @#$ I hate going there however unless i wanna drive a ways to pick something up i'm forced to go there......but if you have a choice i would take my money elsewhere......there hours suck to...... :mad:

Cody

Tommy 17
03-14-2004, 04:26 PM
baniks is right up the road... i sat on that quad yesterday at 1:30 in the afternoon haha.... i was there gettin hand grips!!!!!

baniks charges alot for quads... to much actually... i go to toms bc its usually a few hundred $$$$ less... also baniks don't have a variety of anything and they usually are 10% higher...

crashsmith
03-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Yes when he puts the jets in. The HRC kit comes with a new needle. I would like to try and find out the numers on the needle.
thanx

SpeedBump
03-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Will be sure to give him a call soon. BTW, for ME, I have found Tom's prices are usually a bit higher than Banik. I can take in internet prices to Banik's, and he give me parts for the same price. (my brother just bought his son a new 2003 250EX last summer and Baniks beat EVERY other dealer in the area, and trust me, we called em all) I guess it all depends on who ya know better....my other buddies all go to Cernics, and I NEVER have gotta good prices there, but they get a fairly large discount with them. Go figure. When is YOUR 450R coming, Tommy?
:devil:

450rboy
03-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
Banik's and Tom's Cycle.

Banik's is in Carroltown, PA
Tom's is right down the road from you less than 30miles. Indiana on Wayne Ave.

2 of my friends got theirs from Baniks and the other got his @ Tom's

As for how many people have them ordered, or $$$$$$ down, I have no idea..

To be honest, if I was in the market for a new quad, it would be a big Rincon 650. I can't see buying another sport quad for that kinda money. I don't race, so I not need the speed in the trails that bad. DO NOT take this as meaning I think the 450R is not worth the money, if you want a fast sport quad, I would buy the new R in a second, NEVER would I buy the Yamaha (like my brother is doing. :rolleyes: ) BTW, the dude up in Brockway is not very friendly, I drive truck for FedEx and deliver up there all the time. I would NEVER get anything from him. Later

yea you are right about the guy that is up there in brockway. he is mean. but the guy that they had there before was great. but that was back in 1999 or 2000 becuase that is where my brother got his 400ex.

where is Baniks. i have never herd of that place. i have been tom cycle and there pretty nice there i think. i would like to check out this other place

SpeedBump
03-17-2004, 07:06 PM
http://yellowpages.superpages.com/profile.jsp?SRC=portals&C=Snowmobiles&S=PA&PP=LN&STYPE=S&CP=Sports+%26+Recreation%5EMotor+Sports%5ESnowmobi ling%5EDealers&MC=1&LID=0106105546

SpeedBump
03-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Ok, this really wasn't something I wanted to have to do, but now it needs to be explained. I have been waiting for things to work out between Andy Banik (owner of Banik's Honda, the dealer I have been talkin about in this thread) and my brother Dave who lives in VA. Last summer, my bro looked around for the best price on a new 250EX. Banik had them all beat. Dave needed to sell his Yamaha Timberwolf, and then buy the new 250EX. Banik and Dave worked out a deal. Dave would drop off the Timberwolf, Banik would sell it for him, then Dave would buy the new 250EX. Well, instead of having to wait around to see if he could sell the Timby, Dave just offered it to Banik cheap. He accepted and gave him $1500 for it. He bought the EX and went about his business. This year, my brother decided to get himself a new 450R. He checked with Banik, and they came to the same agreement as the first time.....Banik would sell Dave's 400EX and then buy the new quad. After I dropped it off, and it sat at Baniks for a couple weeks. Dave decided to NOT sell the 400EX and just do some engine mods to it. (He has a bad leg and the kickstart only worried him, if he injures his leg or gets a bloodclot, it could potentially kill him.) Anyway, he called Banik and told him I would be out to pick up the quad and thanks for trying to sell it for him. (Banik was also attempting to sell it for MORE than Dave had originally wanted, so HE could make some extra money too)
I got a call from Dave asking me to go pick up the 400EX. I went on Friday afternoon to get it, and when I got there, IT WAS GONE!
That is not the worst part,,,,,,Banik had NO IDEA it was missing. Turns out, he had been keeping it OUTSIDE, unchained. He claims now it was chained and that it had been cut, but the day I was there, I saw no chains on ANYTHING. ( The day I went with my buddy Aaron to pick up his new R, I noticed only ONE thing was chained up...a mini-snowmobile) Well, he told me to tell Dave to call his insurance co, even though I told him Dave had no ATV insurance on the 400EX. Banik said to check with his homeowners and that he would wait until he heard back from Dave to proceed with HIS insurance. Dave's homeowners DID NOT cover it, as we suspected, and then Banik called his inurance. He didn't even call the police until Saturday. It has been almost 2 months now, and Banik finally called and told Dave he is *****-outta LUCK. Banik's insurance CO refuses to pay, and Banik says too bad, so sad. The only thing left for Dave to do is to SUE his ARSE! I cannot believe a businessman would be that stupid as to NOT pay in this case. I will NEVER buy parts/quads or anything else from Baniks, and I would STRONGLY encourage anyone who reads this, or hears about this to do the same. If we let guys like this get away with this stuff, it could be YOU next. Now before you call my brother stupid for leaving his quad there, understand this. The title was signed over to Banik, the keys were turned over to Banik, a handlebar tag was filled out, and the 400EX was actively put out FOR SALE. To me, and anyone else that has heard this story, all agree that ANDY BANIK took FULL RESPONSIBLITY for this machine. Please pass this story on to anybody you know that is in the market for a new quad or parts and service. Speaking of service, if you happen to take YOUR ATV in to Baniks for service work, HIS INSURANCE policy DOES NOT INCLUDE COVERAGE for any ATVS but ANDY BANIK'S!!! That is no BS. There is a special RIDER (a special clause to give extra coverage) that must be purchased separately, AND HE DID NOT and HAS NOT done that. :rolleyes:

This is the end of my RANT! I am sorry about all of this, but I needed to let others know about this, so he doesn't do it to anybody else. This is about the most terrible CUSTOMER SERVICE I have seen in a long while. he should have wrote Dave a check then and there to cover the loss, THEN FOUGHT his Insurance Co for HIS MONEY. Let me know if you think we are way off mark with this, or give some comments or suggestions.

brif
03-18-2004, 07:37 PM
I would have your brother consult an attorny immediatly. I believe once he accepted it for consignment "HE" became responable for it. I wouldn't take the dealers word for it either. Sure it'll cost a few coins but you have alot more to gain.......

r450rr
03-18-2004, 07:53 PM
i would fight him:mad:

SpeedBump
03-18-2004, 09:48 PM
http://www.paatving.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=10865&STARTPAGE=1 Read my last post about the pictures...... Oh, thanks for the support. ;) BTW...a correction....Banik DID call the police later that night...so I just found out. He had told me originally he would call them Saturday.

RideRedFox
03-18-2004, 11:53 PM
I say Fight that mother bear :mad: you know whats even worse then this horse@#$$ he is pulling is that you might be forced to go to brockway honda sometime .....I feel your pain man :uhoh:

SpeedBump
03-19-2004, 07:10 AM
Always got Tom's in Indiana, Saylor in Altoona and as a last resort, Cernics.

BLURR250X
03-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Track and Trail in State College has good prices too.Nice shop

Tommy 17
03-27-2004, 10:56 AM
baniks is a moron... i'll keep my eye open for the quad in town since its located right by me... i saw ur post on paatving so i know what it looks like...

baniks isn't a very good shop... its almost like andy dont want to do business with people... i only go there for stock low price parts... but i won't anymore after this!!!