PDA

View Full Version : Got a ? about the DS650's

SSracingNY
03-12-2004, 06:17 PM
I had a guy call me about 1/2 hr ago asking if I would trade my sled for his DS650. I havent done too much research on these and I was wondering if any of you have or had them and how you liked them. And if im thinkin right, that 650 has to rip. Ive seen the baja's and always see pics of them in the dunes and figured they must be pretty good to jump and ive seen a few in the huevos videos. Theres been a few basically doing all kinds of riding and was wondering how it is. Like how reliable and what not. I do mostly fast trail riding and messing around but want the power there when I hit the gas. My buddy just got the TRX-450R and I was ridin his dads 400EX and it just absolutly blew past me. And if you can, post a pic of your DS. Thanks

2001400ex
03-12-2004, 06:22 PM
The only thing I can think of that the DS will not be good for is it will be too wide for some trails, and if they're tight trails you might not have fun on it because it's fast as hell, when you let out the clutch you'd go into a tree...other then that they're good quads, I've never heard anything bad about them...

SSracingNY
03-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Yea most the trails we ride are pretty wide like loggen roads or grassy fields

2001400ex
03-12-2004, 06:43 PM
I don't think you should have a problem if you're in wide trails and obvioussly in open feilds. I'm sure a DS would be a blast to ride on an open feild...like I said I've never heard anything bad about them so I would assume they're preety good quads...:D

beak7707
03-12-2004, 06:49 PM
My friend has one, they are the most comfortable and smooth quad i have ever rode. They feel great to sit on, the seat is huge and they ride like a Cadillac. They have tons of power, and are pretty much bullet proof. He has never had to do a single thing to his and its a 00. However, I personally wouldn't want one because they are huge. They are heavy and wide, I wouldn't recommend it for a trail bike. The reason you see them in the dunes in movies, is because thats what they were made for. They love wide open areas like dunes and open deserts. In the woods it isn't fast at all, I'm not saying a great rider couldn't make it go fast in the woods or on trails. But for the average rider its a load in the woods, and if you ever get it stuck you better have a few buddies with you. It's a great bike depending on what you are going to be doing with it.

2001400ex
03-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Also I wanted to ask you what kind of sled do you have...?

If you have a brand new sled like a Firecat or REV or something, and he wants to trade you he should give you some money too...

Out_Sider
03-12-2004, 07:10 PM
they are the FASTEST things i've ever seen stock, i was like whoa :eek2: when i first saw one go

HondaMan222
03-12-2004, 08:33 PM
trade!! there so nice, there like a caddi going over whoops! and to replace parts is cheap! never had a problem with ours, a stock one is a little faster then a piped raptor, and you have make them hual!

elite ATV1
03-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan222
trade!! there so nice, there like a caddi going over whoops! and to replace parts is cheap! never had a problem with ours, a stock one is a little faster then a piped raptor, and you have make them hual!
thats not true my friend got a DS and he broke his a-arm and it cost mad money to fix it :confused:

HondaMan222
03-12-2004, 10:05 PM
ASR top a-arms for the are $150, i said WE never had a problem

Chanman420q
03-12-2004, 10:20 PM
those things are crazy fast, bit on the chunky side, but the power is amazing, that was the quad that made me go to the 4 stroke side, i loved the tourge, those things have insane bottom end

HondaMan222
03-12-2004, 10:50 PM
our friend is selling his.................................

rollie
03-13-2004, 07:16 AM
i want a DS to but if you got that stuck in the woods of goofing around in mud...... it weights 490 pounds!!!!!!!! no reverse either

but there still sick and i want one!!:blah: :macho

bradley300
03-13-2004, 09:00 PM
actually, its 460, but the new ones are a little lighter

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
actually, its 460, but the new ones are a little lighter

oh well thats alot better:devil:

SSracingNY
03-14-2004, 08:34 AM
I went to go look at it yesterday and It was pretty sweet but it was quite heavy, both rear fenders had a crack on them and there was a tear about 2in long in the seat right where your *** goes and onces you get movin around on the seat its just going to rip farther, then ya get some water in there and it ruins the foam. It was clean but it wasnt really up to par. I think im going to look for something a bit lighter