PDA

View Full Version : 04' Yfz Cracked Swingarm

WillVallATV
03-12-2004, 03:24 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone else has cracked the stock swingarm ??? A guy that rides for me (supermax99)cracked the swingarm the crack is a "X" right in the middle of the swingarm.. if you have cracked one let me know... Yamaha covered it !!! Under warranty....

methyman
03-12-2004, 06:28 PM
My buddies swing arm did the same exact thing cause he MX. Yamaha would only warranty it if they took it off and installed it. He said the hell with it and bought a Houser swingarm.

Later

Matthew

Got nads?
03-13-2004, 07:42 AM
I cracked my swing arm back in september, yamaha covered it with no problems (remains to be seen what they will do, if anything, now that my warranty is up/ if it happens again). I have also seen pictures of the swing-arms twisting/warping as well. The front shock mounts on my quad also cracked, but unfortunately yamaha didn't cover that under warranty.

WillVallATV
03-13-2004, 10:24 AM
On the cracks to the front shock mounts . I was told by Yamaha that it was caused by the +2 or +3 aarms, the quad is set with +3 arms for MX , don't you think that Yamaha , producing a race quad would know that MX racers would go with the extended arms ... ok I'll get off the soap box .... anyways , I'm on a second swinger and second set of a-arms . now we are waiting to see if the weld on the shock mount is going to give away ... I guess its time to call Izzy Burgard and get the gusset kit .. and a good swingarm ....

Take care guys , be safe ....

WORCSYFZ199
03-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I crack my stocker when I came up just short on a step-up out of a corner, it has an x shaper crack off to the left side cause i landed sideways