PDA

View Full Version : Stinkin Sqeekin!

Samson
03-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Man, when I ride my front end sounds like someone banging a $10 hooker on a cheap mattress! How the heck do you grease this thing? Anybody know where I might find pics of a disassembly?

Thanks.

JTRtrx250r
03-12-2004, 04:24 PM
LMFAO:D Try lubing up the a arms and shock mounts, mine did the same thing and I traced it to dry shock bushings, but sometimes it can be ball-joints and dry aarms bushings, any thing really, good luck w/ it;)

DangerousDean
03-12-2004, 05:21 PM
does it do it when u turn your bars?? if it is lube the bushing on your steering stem

sickmojave
03-12-2004, 05:29 PM
mine sounds the same way when I push down on the bumper. what should I use to oil it up? :confused:

Samson
03-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
mine sounds the same way when I push down on the bumper.

Same here. Best I can tell it's the ball-joints.

JTRtrx250r
03-12-2004, 06:04 PM
a serenge(sp) will help w/ the ball joints, but it does poke a small hole in the boot or try and get some lube/grease down from the top, I was able to get a small screw-driver in enough to open it a lil, until I tried the serenge trick, now I have a few,they dont last long w/ the heavy grease in them, you can also rig them up a lil tube that comes w/ WD-40 etc, it might sound crude but it works great for small hard to get at places

'03'300ex'er
03-12-2004, 08:25 PM
you can get a little thing at the auto parts used for greasing cv joints not sure of the name but it pokes a very small hole that grease wont run out of.

Samson
03-12-2004, 08:27 PM
I appreciate the advice! Thanks!

DangerousDean
03-12-2004, 08:31 PM
what is your quad sitting on when u push down on the bumper ???

Samson
03-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Doesn't matter. Like I said it does it when I ride or it does it now sitting in the garage if move the front end up or down???

JOEX
03-12-2004, 08:57 PM
I highly doubt it's the ball joints. Most likely it's the shock mounts, if not, it's the a-arm bushings.

Joe

Woodsrider
03-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Lower shock mounts.;)

JTRtrx250r
03-13-2004, 12:51 AM
lol, the pacific NW guys chime in haha,we know a squeek when we hear 1 haha

I had torn balljoints on my Laegers from someone who evidently took the wrong aproach trying to get them off or on or what ever, anyway, after using a pressure washer on the way home from Reiter, I let it sit for about 3-4 months. I went out to load it up and could barely turn the steering, after a good day of riding they started squeeking bigtime..

either way it sounds like the front end needs a good lube job, ;) :)

Woodsrider
03-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
lol, the pacific NW guys chime in haha,we know a squeek when we hear 1 haha

I had torn balljoints on my Laegers from someone who evidently took the wrong aproach trying to get them off or on or what ever, anyway, after using a pressure washer on the way home from Reiter, I let it sit for about 3-4 months. I went out to load it up and could barely turn the steering, after a good day of riding they started squeeking bigtime..

either way it sounds like the front end needs a good lube job, ;) :)

LOL thats because out here if it doesn't move constantly, it gets wet and rusts:D

redrunner
03-13-2004, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
[B]a serenge(sp)

syringe, just for the record.:D

dirtmomma
03-13-2004, 08:27 AM
YEP our 400 sounds the same way I keep telling Ron he needs to lube that thing up LOL, mine was doing it but my brother greased it & it's much better!! AND Soggy your right if it doesn't move it gets wet & rusty :D Thatas like our LT80 it hasn't been rode in about a year & half & the rear brakes are all stuck :grr: need to get that thing out & maintained & SOLD!!!!

Samson
03-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
I highly doubt it's the ball joints. Most likely it's the shock mounts, if not, it's the a-arm bushings.

Joe

I guess it's possible that it could be the lower shock mounts. Not the bushings though, I can get my head down there good enough to know it's coming from the lower end.

Woodsrider
03-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
[B]a serenge(sp)

syringe, just for the record.:D

Spell checker:p LOL J/P

JTRtrx250r
03-13-2004, 10:08 PM
ya know, this whole internet short-hand typing was hard to get used to, now that I got it down a "lil" , its actually really messed up my spelling at times haha , but I do gotta admit I still didnt know how to spell syringe lol so thanks:D :p ;)

dirtmomma
03-14-2004, 08:51 AM
ya know, this whole internet short-hand typing was hard to get used to, now that I got it down a "lil" , its actually really messed up my spelling at times haha , but I do gotta admit I still didnt know how to spell syringe lol so thanks:D :p ;)

See you DO learn something new everyday LOL ;)

JTRtrx250r
03-14-2004, 03:06 PM
LOL, yep!!:D the sad part is I used to be a decent speller:o when Im not forced to write like I was in school..I evidently can be pretty forgetful haha:D

redrunner
03-14-2004, 03:28 PM

I know I would be lost most of the time without spell check, just bustin' yo chops a little, not bashin';)

toby400ex
03-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Samson
I guess it's possible that it could be the lower shock mounts. Not the bushings though, I can get my head down there good enough to know it's coming from the lower end. The lower shock mounts dont squeak, the shock bushings squeak when they get dry. Take them out and grease them, then take ur front plastic off and grease the steering stem bushing. All this stuff is easy to do, I do most of this after every ride.;)