PDA

View Full Version : Experience with stainless steel brake lines?

breaks-alot
03-06-2002, 03:05 PM
I went ridding a little today (just mess around on the road and in my yard) anyway I know to be fast you gota hit the corner as fast as you can and leave it with the most momentum. So I was going full speed 5th gear slamming on the rears (about half the distance that I should of), tossing all of my weight over and pulling into my drive way and throwing the rocks about 50 feet away. I was having a lot of fun showing off to my friends how fast I can turn with having control. They all think I’m an HUGE dumb***** if I don't race this year. So I want to know if the rear stainless steel brake lines would be a big improvement over stock. I won't get front until I get extended a-arms. So what you guys think? Should I get them for MX? Who here has had experience with them?

Thanks alot,
Ben#16

trx400ex
03-06-2002, 03:22 PM
braided break lines will help you stop quicker and your brakes will work better...kinda like if ya squeez the lever, it is all spongy..they eliminate that...
i can do a 5th gear wide open on a 90 degree chip and seal thats not banked..one front tires always in the air..
i think the fronts would actualy make more difrence than the rear becasue supposidly its faster to use front instead of rear brakes..

Tommy 17
03-06-2002, 03:50 PM
i love mine... the rears did help out some bc i use my brakes alot in the air and when i am playing around... it took out all of the spongy feeling... as soon as i touch them they just lock up... the fronts what really helped me... i can be comin into a turn and b4 i would have to stop lets say 15ft b4 the turn now i wait til 10ft and just tap the break and they have me right down to speed... also when i drag someone with stock... and we get up to 5th usually i am stopped 1o to 15ft b4 them and thats lockin up stopping as hard as we can.....

mrusk
03-06-2002, 06:26 PM
I am glad to here the braded lines make a big difference. I got a set i am going ot put on my R when i put it back together. I cant wait to try them out.

matt