PDA

View Full Version : Ball Bearings in rear tires?

Pepto_Bismol
03-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Just wondering, I always hear things rolling in my rear tires when I lube the chain, do they put ball bearings in the stock tires to balance it out or something? Or did I magically acquire some rocks on the inside of my tires while doing some power slides?
Pepto:cool:

JabberJaw
03-06-2002, 03:53 PM
Nope

400exRacerX
03-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Same thing happened to me. When I took the stock tires off I soon found out it was clumps of mud rolled into balls.

leel
03-06-2002, 06:51 PM
Certain kinds of fix-a-flat will roll into silver or gray balls inside the tires also. You can hear them roll around it it's quiet...

Good luck,
Lorrin

03-06-2002, 10:20 PM
I had the same problem and I got so annoyed with it that I took all my tires down to the tire shop and had them empty them out. I was so happy to have quite tires that I forgot to ask what was in them.

exTAZe400
03-07-2002, 07:53 AM
Its glue from when the factory puts on the
tires. Makes them a ***** to get off too.
Still haven't been able to get mine off yet.
But just got a new bead breaker that should do the
the trick.

stevengates45
03-07-2002, 08:11 AM
I have the same thing in my stock tires, i dont worry about it though because i hardly ever use them

big-guy
03-07-2002, 10:09 AM
Mine do that too. It's usually just dirt or bits of rubber from the factory that roll around and wear the inside of the tire. I imagine if I was putting hundreds of tires on wheels I'd get kinda sloppy by the end of a shift...

03-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Ba hahahahahahaha
You guys are tooo f'ing funny. Ball bearings, glue, tire slime...

When you ride hard, and take turns at high speed/powerslide, your tires (being rubber) flex so much that occationally sand and small rocks press past the bead, into the inside of the tire. This happens very easily with an underinflated tire. Also, when you get a flat, sometimes the tire plugs eventually fall inside the tire.

Ballbearings.....heheheheh

DEAL
03-09-2002, 08:11 PM
No actually its little rubber balls that get worn off inside and roll around.
Rocks BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA