PDA

View Full Version : speedometer

WI_hondaguy
03-12-2004, 06:16 AM
i want to know if anybody has the trail tech system? if you do how good do they work? do you just need the computer? and also what does it show you on the little screen. Will a bike speedometer work just the same?

03-12-2004, 01:56 PM
mine is junk..it was a pain to install you have to drill holes in your rotor & stuff & it isnt accurate half the time & I do have it configured correctly after I had to do all that math & crap.....it also falls off while i ride & crap...i use it more for a fancy clock then for a speedometer

EXerHonda400
03-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Well, this is what my cuz did. He went to Wal-Mart and bought a bicycle computer. Then he went to Trail Tech's website and bought one of the magnets, the one that replaces a bolt on the rotor so you don't have to drill and glue in a differnt one. Then he mounted it pretty much just like the Trail Tech one. And it works fine. Just make sure you get one that you can program the tire size into so you can calibrate it and stuff. And it coss like 1/4 as much as the Trail Tech one. I think total he spent around $32.
Hope it helps