PDA

View Full Version : AC or Graydon nerfs?

wiplash
03-06-2002, 12:23 PM
I'm looking for some nerfs and am wondering which is the best. I'm not worried about the drilling or extra work to install them, if the quality is better. Although I've also read that the Graydon's don't come with instructions. I know I can find instructions, but that just seems fishy. I like the look of the Graydon, but I also like the heel gaurd I've seen on the AC's. Can you get a heel gard for the Graydon? I just don't want my foot to slip off and get by the rear wheels....again! Thanks.

exriderdude
03-06-2002, 12:54 PM
go with ac, their the best

R-Crazy
03-06-2002, 03:49 PM
well stated exriderdude.

dave

wiplash
03-06-2002, 04:04 PM
AC huh? What is the difference between the propegs and the regular ones? Do the AC's mount up or is there drilling required?Thanks

03-06-2002, 07:48 PM
the ac propegs come with propegs already attached they are wider and have more grip so your feet dont slip off if you dont mind spending the extra money then they are well worth it

wiplash
03-06-2002, 09:04 PM
So no one likes the Graydon nerfs? I thought I read some good things about them.

Warrioreater400ex
03-06-2002, 09:13 PM
yes, i have Graydon Nerfs and LOVE them, no they dont come with instructions, but the only fishy part is figuring out how to do the nets! lol but thats not very hard. yeah i know waht you mean about heal guards, and i just left my plastic ones on there, yeah its a TIGHT fit, but once you get them on there it doesnt matter, and the graydons wont dent very easily or bend, now they will flex somewhat (say if you hit a tree) but they return to their original shape. they look awesome too! and are fairly easy to install!

wiplash
03-06-2002, 09:30 PM
I like to mainly ride trails and some MX tracks. Does one of them have better ground clearance than the other? Also...even if I don't have the heel gaurd on, will my boot be prone to get caught up in the wheel if it slips off the peg?

Warrioreater400ex
03-07-2002, 09:19 AM
im not really sure about the ac's, but i know the graydons have plenty, i mean they start out in front a little above the frame, and slant up from there. and on my 300 i have those cruddy dgs, and i have no heel guards, and if only had my foot slip into tire twice, and it didnt hurt or do anything besides rub the back of my boot. but i am a firm beleiver in Graydon Proline quality, i have graydon bumpers on my 400ex and my 300ex, and i have Graydon nerfs on my 400, and i have NO complaints and i have yet to hear any complaints about them from other people.

02 Red Rider
03-07-2002, 12:32 PM
BlastrEatr300ex

Where did you buy your Graydons? How Much? Do they offer a propeg style?

Thanks,
Jason

400MXer
03-07-2002, 05:39 PM
If you want the aluminum heel gaurd then get the AC propegs. i have them and they are great. Although, i don't use the heel gaurd. AC's don't come with instructions either...but they are relitively easy to install. AC's are very good, high quality, great strength and durability. A guy i race with has Graydon's and they are also good. he has chrome ones on his 250r...they look good.

ride red
03-07-2002, 08:27 PM
I have been tryin to decide also what kind of nerf bars to get for my 400EX. Do the graydon or the AC have the square look to them when there on the 400EX. I have seen some that I didn't like but I'm not sure what kind they were, they just looked like a big square to me.

Warrioreater400ex
03-08-2002, 08:20 AM
02 red rider - i dont remember how much they are, but i ordered them directly from graydon proline.

Ride Red - the ac have a square look to them, the graydons however are more like a mutated teardrop or something of the sort, they might look small in this pic but they arent at all, and they sland up towards the rear.

EXrider02
03-08-2002, 08:54 AM
I wanna get Nerfs soon too...I would pri go with the AC Nerfs

400exBro
03-09-2002, 09:03 AM
the ac propeg nerfs come with new pegs that are wider and sit farther back they also come with a foot graud to keep the mud out. i love em and i didn't do any drilling or modifaction to em took an hour to do and they fit perfectly.
lata
Bro

03-09-2002, 04:05 PM
I ordered my graydon nerf directly from graydon proline. I got the aluminum ones for 175 , somewhere around there. I love them and I would recomend them. They also have like 5 different color webs to choose from.
joey