PDA

View Full Version : rebuild???

440BEAST
03-11-2004, 07:46 PM
I am Going to totally rebuild my 440 and change color schemes and everything... I was wondering what is the first step to tearing it down and how do you all keep things organized?
Thanks in advance

Atreyu
03-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Keep bolts in labelled bags..and the first thing your should do is take of your plastics..

03-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Label everything.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H440exconfused
03-11-2004, 09:31 PM
If you have worked on your four wheeler much yourself it wont be difficult. I have torn down and rebuilt 4 400ex's in the past two years, mine and trhee family members. I have a big workbench in the barn, that I use, with a large tray, like from a tackle box of sort. i use it for all the small things, ( clips, bolts, nuts, brackets ) If you take off all the large parts and lay them out on a table, floor, bench or something. Then the best thing befor you do any reassembly, after all the painting, powdercoating, chroming or what ever else you are doing. Clean every part individually and lay it out so when you do start you reassembly you wont haver to stop to do all the little things.

Just my opinion, works for me and they have all turned out great.

Just finished my Bro's quad
Blue powder coat frame, all other small components, powdercoated red, with new white plastic, with lots of chrome and aluminum bolt ons, and a custom red, white and blue seat cover. He just came back from IRAQ from the war. Its what he wanted and he loved it. The patriotic theme.

Sorry for the novel

trikemoto85
03-12-2004, 09:10 AM
manuals are very useful in rebuilds:D

now i understand the inmportance of manuals

UglyMotha™
03-12-2004, 09:40 AM
wierdo's, i always take everything and place it in a bucket or box whatever i can find heck with the labeling part