PDA

View Full Version : GNCC 4 Stroke Stock New Rule (No Oversized Tanks)

popo
03-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Well Boys and girls. Shows R/P cant't make up thier mind.

Oversized Gas Tanks in the Four-Stroke Stock ATV Class

After review of the first three rounds of GNCC Racing in 2004, the use of larger-than-stock gas tanks will no longer be allowed in the Four-Stroke Stock class of GNCC Racing. Quick fill fuel systems will also not be permitted.

Please note the changes to the ATV Four-Stroke Stock structure:

Wingnut
03-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Glad to hear it! Now, how about making a list of the parts we CAN USE to take the guessing out of it?:confused:

popo
03-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
Glad to hear it! Now, how about making a list of the parts we CAN USE to take the guessing out of it?:confused:

Here is from the post.

Please note the changes to the ATV Four-Stroke Stock structure:

May change front shocks, tires, wheels, throttle assembly, axle, handlebars, grips, skid plates, plastics and seat covers, including those that add traction, but may not change seat height. May add bead locks, nerf bars, foot peg extensions, and open or closed end, metal or plastic hand guards. May not add steering stabilizers or air filter sleeves. May not add larger fuel tanks or quick fill fuel systems. May not add front shock reservoirs, or modify or remove front shock reservoirs from machines that come equipped with them. Riders may change front shocks on ATVs that do not come with rebuildable stock front shocks, but they may not replace the front shocks on ATVs that do come with rebuildable units stock (like the YFZ450). Only machines that come equipped with front reservoirs stock may run them. All motor components and rear suspension must remain stock. Aftermarket replacement parts may be used so long as they do not improve motor performance, add travel to the suspension, or have a reservoir. Example: must have stock pipe, silencer, carburetor, air box, air cleaner, rear shocks, etc....

But I am sure it will change next week.

BUCK442
03-11-2004, 06:33 PM
I better be able to cancel my order #%^%$#^%$#!!!

I just Spent like 2 bills *(*&^%*&$%@#%@@@*(((*&*&^%%:mad: :mad: :mad:

Wingnut
03-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Buck.:( Jason (not you the one who works for RP) was telling people on the start line that gas thanks were legal, and now, five days later, they aren't. I know someone who has ordered the full quick fill system for the stock class.:eek2: That's why I want to see a rule that simply states what we can have and everything else is illegal. And also no more changing the rules after the season starts.

BUCK442
03-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Right on ! I talked with Jason thru email earlier this year about the rule and he emailed back that IT WAS LEGAL. I agree if you are changing rules you should change them at the end of the year not 3 races in. Sometimes I wonder about the motives of RP money or sport?

Wingnut
03-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by BUCK442
Sometimes I wonder about the motives of RP money or sport?

MONEY!!!

BUCK442
03-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Sometimes I wonder?? I love this sport and will continue to support it for as long as I can, but these people RP need to think a little more about the average JOE/Jane racer with G-MA racing sponsors. We spend thousands of hard earned dollars just to race and have fun and to me a few hundread bucks makes the difference between 9 races and 8. Just M.O.P.

holeshot19
03-11-2004, 07:56 PM
i thought this was a class that money wasnt drivin by cash, i see bike on that stock line with bead locks and tire balls . that is not stock. maybee u should be alowed skids and that is it no tires on stearing stems no handle bars, nerf bars, bark buster , stock is stock the way u bought it, it has really goten out of hand but they need a final ruleing about what is what and stick with it:grr:

holeshot19
03-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Buck.:( Jason (not you the one who works for RP) was telling people on the start line that gas thanks were legal, and now, five days later, they aren't. I know someone who has ordered the full quick fill system for the stock class.:eek2: That's why I want to see a rule that simply states what we can have and everything else is illegal. And also no more changing the rules after the season starts. ???????????

BUCK442
03-11-2004, 08:03 PM
I am all for Skids, Bars, Tires, Bumpers,....Tire Balzz is a whole other ball game?:)

Wingnut
03-11-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by holeshot19
???????????

That's what he told me.:rolleyes:

popo
03-11-2004, 08:12 PM
MONEY!!!

Well, it sure does show their lack of mgmt skills.

As Trump would say. Youre Fired!

3rdtimescharm
03-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Just trying to figure out how far a person can go with aftermarket parts, I emailed Jason (rp) before the season started and asked if you could change the stearing stem, his reply was yes, they would not say or do anything about it, untill someone protested the part,, Then they would have to DQ the person in question.. Now that is a bull..
And He also told me that the large tank was ok, but the dry break was not going to be allowed. again that was before the season started.. They really need to figure this class out.

Admin
03-12-2004, 05:59 AM
I was surprised to see the rule change myself, and I was glad that I spotted it yesterday because I had just urchased an IMS tank for my Z. I was going to install it in Georgia, but It required cutting the fullbore fenders around the tank and I decided to wait till I get home. It would have really sucked if I already cut up the Fullbore to install the IMS Tank, but luckily I have been too busy to do anything but work on EXriders.com (I Guess:confused: )

I told with Jason about the rule change, and he was sorry for those that already purchased an Oversized tank. He mentioned that he only saw a couple at the Georgia race, so I don't think it will affect too many people.

Anybody want to buy and oversized Z400 Tank? Brand New Never Installed.

popo
03-12-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
I was surprised to see the rule change myself, and I was glad that I spotted it yesterday because I had just urchased an IMS tank for my Z. I was going to install it in Georgia, but It required cutting the fullbore fenders around the tank and I decided to wait till I get home. It would have really sucked if I already cut up the Fullbore to install the IMS Tank, but luckily I have been too busy to do anything but work on EXriders.com (I Guess:confused: )

I told with Jason about the rule change, and he was sorry for those that already purchased an Oversized tank. He mentioned that he only saw a couple at the Georgia race, so I don't think it will affect too many people.

Anybody want to buy and oversized Z400 Tank? Brand New Never Installed.

Maybe the rule will change next week allowing oversized tanks. Than you can keep it.

tprender
03-12-2004, 06:18 AM
they should have never been able to use the eversized gas tanks. the years before you had to have the stock tank for the stock class. I was shocked to read that they were going to let riders use the big tanks.
Also, if you read what was written, it says the stock aif cleaner. with no cover. I think that you should be able to change air filters and used covers on the air filter.

Admin
03-12-2004, 07:05 AM
I do agree that the stock Airfilter rule sucks. I hate the way the Airfilter installs on a Z400, and I wish I could utilize my Pro Design filters not for performance, but more for peace of mind.

BUCK442
03-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Good news is I canceled my order and got a set of nerf bars.........Now I ready for you Harlen!:D

rowlrag
03-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by BUCK442
Sometimes I wonder?? I love this sport and will continue to support it for as long as I can, but these people RP need to think a little more about the average JOE/Jane racer with G-MA racing sponsors. We spend thousands of hard earned dollars just to race and have fun and to me a few hundread bucks makes the difference between 9 races and 8. Just M.O.P.
The class is for the average Joe, to keep cost down, there should also be no aftermarket wheels or tire balls, it's a stock class. Brent Howell didn't need any of that stuff.

rowlrag
03-13-2004, 10:02 PM
P.S. I intend to offend NO ONE!

Bill Fuller
03-13-2004, 10:05 PM
I'm so offended:cuss:

tprender
03-14-2004, 07:21 AM
I think that you have a case of some bike riders or someone who don't know quads very good making a rule. Some of the things that can be changed shouln't and some that can be added they will not let yopu change or add. Such as a steering stabilizer can't be added. but, you can change shocks somewhat. Should you be allowed to change the steering stem?

popo
03-14-2004, 08:32 AM
My two cents. Have strictly a class of stock only quads, "no mods allowed at all" out of the box only..

Than run a separate class i.e. 4 stroke "A" or mod.. Anything goes for the front runners.

Bill Fuller
03-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Stock should mean stock,as stated before from the show room to the starting line.

thomez
03-14-2004, 10:36 AM
If the rule was fully 100% stock off the showroom floor the value of my Blaze would go up I bet! :macho

lshonda310
03-15-2004, 06:01 AM
In stock car racing, is a stock car "stock"? I think safety items may be added like nerfs, handle bars, tires and wheels, and I can see the shocks (because of the price of stock shocks), but everything else should be "stock".

SGA
03-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by lshonda310
In stock car racing, is a stock car "stock"? I think safety items may be added like nerfs, handle bars, tires and wheels, and I can see the shocks (because of the price of stock shocks), but everything else should be "stock".

I agree. Safety items only. Handle bars and nerfs allowed, stock rims only,aftermarket tires allowed. Everything else bone stock, including shocks. No other "add ons".

Admin
03-15-2004, 01:02 PM
As of know, I feel that even though it is stock class certain items from stock should be able to be replaced because not all stock quads are released equally. The Cannondale, YFZ, 450R, and Predator have a nice advantage over a stock 400EX or LTZ/KFX.

To equalize the playing field, I feel that it is important allow quads that don't come equipped with ressies to atleast change their shocks to aftermarket. Also, I feel that the other modifications allowed are fine for racing on a stock machine. As long as the modifications doesn't add to performance, I feel the modifications are fine.

I do wish that we could change our Airfilters to an aftermarket manufacturer because I hate the Z400 stock design. Also, I don't see where an oversized tank hurts anyone. I think the quick fill system is pushing it though.

Eventually when the manufacturers are realesing more race orieneted quads out of the showroom, I feel the rules will become more strict to being as close to stock as possible, but until this happens. I think Racer Productions is doing a fine job at controlling the class rules.

Safety should always come first if it is stock or not!

Wingnut
03-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Everybody's got their own opinion, so here's mine.

Calling it a "stock" class is misleading. It's really only stock as far as performance goes. My YFZ is in the $9500 range, but due to added weight with the stock chassis and engine it actually performs worse than a stock YFZ would. It should definately not be an "off the showroom floor" class. Things like nerfbars, tires, skids, and bumpers are things you have to have for a GNCC. Wheels aren't needed, but I don't have a problem with them just because performance wise they only slow you down. I think we should be allowed to use other aftermarket parts as long as they don't improve performance in any way. I'm looking at the stock class as a great way to slowly build up my YFZ and still be able to compete with it. By the end of this year all I have to do is add a pipe and revalve the shocks and I'll be ready for the PM race.

Harlen, having machines that are unequal is just part of being in the class. Do you think you should be allowed to modify your engine because you don't have the power the 450+ engines have? I'm sure that the #1 and #3 machines, for example, are far more equal than yours and mine.

03-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Since no one is really running a stock quad I think the entire class needs to be chit canned.:o

When every quad entered in the class looks identical to the ones in the dealer showroom THEN it is a stock class. Until then it's not a stock class,,sorry..:cool:

popo
03-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Since no one is really running a stock quad I think the entire class needs to be chit canned.:o

When every quad entered in the class looks identical to the ones in the dealer showroom THEN it is a stock class. Until then it's not a stock class,,sorry..:cool:

Thank You. One budweeeser for you.

Scott Kawi700
03-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by popo
Thank You. One budweeeser for you.

Cheap skate!!!! Make him give ya two Rico!!!:cool:

brandonpeake
03-16-2004, 08:19 AM
yep i agree should keep the quads stock , maybe tires, b/c i can imagine u would have alot of flats if everyone was running stockers, but that could be a part of running the "stock" class

but is BS them changing the rules mid season

joshyz125
03-21-2004, 05:52 PM
They need to stick to the rules all season, if they screwed up at the beginning, tough luck. I remember seeing people in georgia a year or 2 ago cutting off foot peg extensions with a hacksaw because they change rules.

SGA
03-21-2004, 06:33 PM
If rule changes have to be made during race season, they need to be made at the beginning of the summer break. People need time to make changes to thier quads.

bradley300
03-21-2004, 10:33 PM
i think rico is right to an extent, i think steering stabilzers are a must, as are nerfs (as long as you use the stock, unmodified footpegs)
i think tires should be able to be changed as long as they ar the stock size.
plastic can be aftermarket. other than that, lets keep it stock since it is a stock class

SGA
03-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SGA
If rule changes have to be made during race season, they need to be made at the beginning of the summer break. People need time to make changes to thier quads.
Well, I stuck my size 13 in my mouth again. I went and checked dates and there are only three races left after the summer break. So much for my idea.
All in all, I think RP has done a great job with the GNCC's. Everyone cant be satisfied with rule changes, but I think they have done whats best for all.
I also think they have moved our sport further ahead than any other racing series organizers. Hats off to them.

Ryan
03-22-2004, 10:05 AM
I agree with rico.

stock means stock. Im not sure if RP relizes that :confused: .