PDA

View Full Version : Please reply, I need help to start racing

exkicksazz
03-11-2004, 03:44 PM
I am 15 years old and want to start racing in the junior league. My bike is a 2002 400ex with,
FMF HI-FLO header
FMF power core 4
K&N air filter
Dyno jet kit(stage 2)
440 kit
What other mods should I get done to my bike including safety stuff. Also some racing tips would be a great help; I may take a motocross course but if I dont I will need to know what to practice.
Thanks,
ExKicksAzz

03GNCC270
03-11-2004, 04:30 PM
you will not be able to race that machine til you turn 16

under 16 can only race a 300ex or blaster

03-11-2004, 05:51 PM
That is only true if it is ATVA sanctioned, several outlaw series will alow whatever age kids to race what ever they want.

you will need nerf bars and a tether kill switch! next thing I would look into is shocks and tires. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on shocks right now. maybe find somthing used. i would jsut get the rear stock shock revalved for now if it were me. next step will be to widen the quad out, a-arms and alxe.

The bigest tips I can give you is ride as much as possible and stay within your limits.

AtvMxRider
03-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer

The bigest tips I can give you is ride as much as possible and stay within your limits. http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/im20with20stupid.gif

03-11-2004, 06:10 PM
MX rider you calling me stupid?

who told you that:D

AtvMxRider
03-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
MX rider you calling me stupid?

who told you that:D http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/atvmxrider/bolt.gif

Rrider07
03-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Suspension is a big deal with racing id go custom axis and ars fx they work so awesome for me i love my suspension:D

03-12-2004, 09:12 PM
I would also buy one of the newer 450's send the motor off have a bunch of work done to it go out buy the most expensive everything before you ever race.

Or more realisticly, unless you are just rich. build your quad as you go buy more expensive product with the more experiance you have!

4wheelboy
03-12-2004, 10:12 PM
practice practice practice:o thats all u need. find the faster lines and practice passing people safely and judging the speed u need and how to correctly hit jumps. also have funn there no point of racing if your not having funn:o