PDA

View Full Version : how to bleed brakes

Big W's 400
03-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Does anyone kno hwo to bleed the brakes on a stock 400ex:(

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-11-2004, 01:34 PM
pump lever...hold in...loosen bleeder...tighten up...let off lever...repeat.

03-11-2004, 01:40 PM
yes! ok first make sure that the master cylinder is filled up and begin to pump the brake lever .. about 20 times or so, then hold the brake lever down to the handle bars and with a 10 mm wrench (i think 10mm) open the bleeder valve.. if you dont know where the bleeder valve is it is a small fitting on the caliper that has a black dust cap over ti.. it looks like a grease zerk.. ok use the wrench to open the valve about 2 turns, then wait 2 seconds or so and close the valve, do the same on the other caliper, DO NOT FORGET TO HOLD THE BRAKE LEVER DOWN!! then, a helpful tip i got from a honda service guy is to pump the lever about ten times hold it closed and then use a 14mm(i think) wrench and loosen the banjo bolt that connects the lines to the master cylinder, you should hear air come out and see a little bit of fluid come out...then tighten the bolt back up and let off of the brake lever, now this could take as long as an hour, you just have to keep bleeding them over and over untill it works... hope this helps!:)

300exOH
03-11-2004, 01:56 PM
You can buy a brake bleeder kit for under $40 at Autozone and other auto parts stores. I just used one to put stainless lines on my 300ex and they work great. Just follow the directions on the package and you'll be fine.:cool:

03-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
You can buy a brake bleeder kit for under $40 at Autozone and other auto parts stores. I just used one to put stainless lines on my 300ex and they work great. Just follow the directions on the package and you'll be fine.:cool:

i went up their and asked for a bleeder kit and they gave me a flippin piece of hose with a little valve on the end... for 10 friggen bucks... grrr i could have made one for like 50 cents

SnellCRP
03-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Brake Bleeding Kit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer: Mityvac
Manufacturer #: 6820
ToolSource #: 65745

Price: $29.99

This is on ToolSource.com, but you can get them alot of places. With this kit you can bleed the fronts and the rears with no mess in like 15 minutes.