PDA

View Full Version : some advice

adrenaline
03-10-2004, 10:10 PM
k definatly getting a 11:1 piston but what brand is better? new cam..witch cam is most recomended? hot cam stage 1 or web cam 450/451grind?. or any other cams i should look into...some other things you guys think i should get? thanx

03-10-2004, 10:18 PM
Well, I just received my 440 cylinder and piston from weisco. I heard a lot of people on this site state that the 11:1 piston wasn't actually 11:1. I like this idea personally. I hope it is somewhere around 10:1 to be truthful. I believe that with a little more compression, a little more exhaust port size, a little bigger cam (hotcam stage 2) and a little bigger cylinder, I will have a lot more power and a nice dependable bike to boot. Good luck with your decision. I 'll let you know how mine turns out next week.

Natertot426ex
03-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Either Ross or JE pistons are the better ones. Hot cams are good. Stage 1 for more low end and Stage 2 for top end. Which ever you prefer more of. Do you want to stay stock bore?

03-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Here is a bit of personal reasoning. Enlarging your bore will create more low end. Everyone pretty much agrees with that. I decided on the stage 2 cam because it gives better top end. If everyone is right about larger piston giving more low end torque and stage 2 giving more top end, I will have expanded my bike's range in both directions. I should have the cylinder on this week, and the 3 angle valve job will be done by then so I might be running next weekend.:D