PDA

View Full Version : neutral and reverse lights

quad_racer_19
03-10-2004, 07:59 PM
i took off my headlight and if i dont want my neutral or reverse lights do i leave them unhooked and tape them together or do i have to join the 2 ends together for each one to coplete the circuit.??

#56300ex
03-31-2004, 11:13 PM
I broke my handlebar plastic and headlight in a bad rollover. Kind of a good thing cause the handlebar plastic in my opinion is stupid looking. Anyway I wanted to be able to remove that and my headlight but retain all indicator lights and ignition switch so I fabricated a small aluminum console that mounts right between the handlebar clamps and houses the switch, indicator lights, and a sleeve for the fuel vent. It looks way clean and I've gotten lots of compliments on it. I can e- mail pics if your interested

James Parent
04-01-2004, 07:24 AM
I put mine back together and the Neutral light doens't work.. i don't know whats up with it any suggestions?

#56300ex
04-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Take a continuity test on the light bulb with a voltmeter, if it's good, run a voltage test on your wires running to the light,(make sure it's in neutral with ignition on) if you're not getting anything there, start tracing the wires to see where the problem might be. Hope this helps somewhat.

Matt400ex_17
04-05-2004, 06:01 PM
I never tried to leave them apart but i just stuck them together and you can also do this with your ignition to get rid of it just put the wires together to start and either use tether to shut off or your kill switch or disconnect the wires.