PDA

View Full Version : Valve spring compressor

400exRacerX
03-05-2002, 08:10 PM
Hey,

I was wondering were I can find a valve spring compressor that will work on my 400ex head. I blew 2 stock valve seals and I am now installing viton seals and the valve spring compressor I currently have doesn't fit. I know many of you guys have taken your valve springs off yourself. Let me in on the secret!

Thanks Norm

MIKE400EX
03-05-2002, 09:41 PM
Any of the automotive ones that work on the late model small multi-valve engines should work. The air powered ones are nice. Just be careful with those little retainers! Get yourself a small magnet to grab the valve keepers/locks when you compress the springs.

MOFO
03-06-2002, 05:53 AM
PM knighttime about this. He made a very good compressor out of a big C-clamp. Worked out great!

ERic

03-06-2002, 09:19 AM
I just went out to the local PepBoys and picked one up. Only about 25 bux, and I needed one anyways 'cuz I'm tearing down one of my trucks too. Busy this month . . .

330EXman
03-06-2002, 03:09 PM
yup man get a magnet and grab that little cepper off the top of the springs. and then go buy a valve spring compressor for any small engine car. if you have VIP auto parts stor or something like that they have them right there. get one that clamps on from the top these work great and are better to use then the others.

later man