PDA

View Full Version : PEP has me bummin'

mxgirl
03-10-2004, 12:45 PM
We sent our PEPS into Denton Racing on Feb. 23 to get them re-valved. Denton received our shocks on the 25th and told us at that point it would be a 2-week turn around. We spoke to a rep at Denton on March 4th to see if we could expect our shocks soon and the best thing they could tell us was "We can't tell you anything until PEP calls us." We've tried calling PEPs number but it just rings & rings... no answering machine or live person. This is extremely frustrating to get such poor customer service from a product that rates at the top. I know for a fact that if I treated my customers like this, I wouldn't be in business very long.

We haven't been able to get any info out of Denton or PEP regarding when our shocks will be ready. Does anyone out there have suggestions or contact info on how I can get a hold of PEP direct to find out if our shocks are going to be done any time soon? The PEP number that doesn't get answered is: (909)590-4111.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

QuadRacer041
03-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by mxgirl
We sent our PEPS into Denton Racing on Feb. 23 to get them re-valved. Denton received our shocks on the 25th and told us at that point it would be a 2-week turn around. We spoke to a rep at Denton on March 4th to see if we could expect our shocks soon and the best thing they could tell us was "We can't tell you anything until PEP calls us." We've tried calling PEPs number but it just rings & rings... no answering machine or live person. This is extremely frustrating to get such poor customer service from a product that rates at the top. I know for a fact that if I treated my customers like this, I wouldn't be in business very long.

We haven't been able to get any info out of Denton or PEP regarding when our shocks will be ready. Does anyone out there have suggestions or contact info on how I can get a hold of PEP direct to find out if our shocks are going to be done any time soon? The PEP number that doesn't get answered is: (909)590-4111.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

call baldwin and ask them how long it will take them to revavle your shocks, i had mine back in about 2 weeks

mxgirl
03-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks. We checked with Baldwin before we sent them to Denton. Baldwin was going to charge us $125 more, per set, than Denton. We originally bought them thru Denton back in 2001 and were very pleased with their service. We got them in a week and a half, boy times have changed. :)

dhines
03-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of after-market ATV companies, where prices are out of sight and customers are an annoyance. :macho :macho That is one of the major reasons why I'll only deal with Elka on suspension. The other guys may make good products but their customer support falls well short.

toomeyshee87
03-10-2004, 05:41 PM
ya when i was getting my shocks done it was either busy or just rang all the time. they take it off the hook or dont answer becuase if wayne or i believe ?randy? waynes son would hafta run to the phone all the time they wouldnt get any work done. i can see why they do that, i sure would. but my best luck was to call them at like 830 or 9 but if i were you i would wait another week because they are very busy all the time and try their best to get the shocks out asap.

400grl
03-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Good luck getting ahold of anyone......that is why I won't buy PEP....I don't care how nice your product is (or isn't), if your customer service is non-existant, then you won't get my business. I will take it to a company who cares.

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-11-2004, 09:55 AM
this is exactly why i went with tcs. i have dealt with pep before and found it very frustrating. never picking up the phone, bullchit dates of when my stuff would be done, etc.. at least when i call tcs they pick up the phone and can tell me the truth. i told them i need my shocks by friday and they had them to me as promised. pep would say the same, but have them to me the friday 3 weeks away. i do love pep, but until they get those shocks cranking out faster and pick up the phone more often i will have to go somewhere else.

norrisboat
03-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Wayne(pep) is getting worse every month with his orders. Customer service at pep is at an all time low.

mxgirl
03-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks for all the input

We have TCS on the rear, and agree with the post above about their service. This will be the last time we deal with PEP.

WE JUST WANT TO RIDE!!!! :D

CTmxyfz
03-11-2004, 02:03 PM
He told the my sponsor who ordered them that it would be a month. A month is tomorrow and i doubt he is right. I want to talk to wayne because i need them for a race thats coming quickly!!!!

400grl
03-11-2004, 02:13 PM
If I were you I wouldn't just wait and hope they show up - I'd have your sponsor get ahold of him (somehow!) and find out for sure.....you may be racing on your stockers.

CTmxyfz
03-11-2004, 02:18 PM
+2.5 walsh LTS and stock shocks? i would try... if i had them.

400grl
03-11-2004, 02:19 PM
ewwwww......I see your problem!! :eek:

CTmxyfz
03-11-2004, 02:27 PM
yep... i did make copper tube into shocks to hold the front end up right now.:blah:

AlaskaSpeed
03-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Some things are worth the wait. I have been through my share of long waits on PEPs, but you forget all about it as soon as you ride them.
I would rather wait for a superior product than run an easy to get inferior product any day....JMO

400grl
03-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Yeah, well.....I guess if you feel they are the best shocks out there.....I don't feel that they are, so the crap customer service just pushes them right off of my list. I'm sure Wayne won't miss my business - I'm just one person....but if there were a whole bunch of people who began to feel the same way, then he might start to feel it.

AlaskaSpeed
03-11-2004, 03:51 PM
I see your point, and believe me; Wayne is far from customer friendly as far as I'm concerned too....but the guy knows how to valve shocks....and that's what we are paying our money for. I suppose if we want hand holding, there are other places to shop, but I think if you buy from any aftermarket shop long enough, you will end up getting bad service. Until I get a bad product, I figure I am paying for the end result; not Wayne becoming my friend.

REDRIDER7
03-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey mxgirl I feel your frustration. I too sent my PEP's back to Denton and they in turn sent them to PEP. After two months I FINALLY got them back. The price was about twice as much as I had figured. Needless to say I was pretty hacked off. Denton Racing was very apologitic, but it wasn't their fault. They have been very helpful and I have done a lot of business with them and will continue too.

I really like the PEP shocks. I have no complaints with their product, but they are slow. And they need to be more clear on the rebuild prices.

Dave400ex
03-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Sounds like Baldwin is the way to go for the rebuilds. If not just check out a place like the Quadshop or DeRisi who can revalve/rebuild any shock you have.

Ohio R
03-11-2004, 07:46 PM
It took me almost 6 months to get my peps from baldwin...

AlaskaSpeed
03-11-2004, 08:20 PM
7 months from Baldwin for the PEPs on my Cannondale....:rolleyes:

Ohio R
03-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Hi Jimmmy,, long time no talk...

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-11-2004, 08:33 PM
6 months for the peps for my old quad....god wtf was i thinkin...

dirtmomma
03-11-2004, 08:38 PM
:eek: DAMN 6-7 months to get your shocks done?????? That seems a little extreme don't ya think>??:huh :confused:

Toadz400
03-11-2004, 09:04 PM
:huh All I have to say is...I'm sending my shocks to DeRisi:D

Ohio R
03-11-2004, 09:07 PM
I am personally going back to elkas.. Dont really care to much for my peps.

Paul400ex2002
03-11-2004, 09:38 PM
I got mine in about a month from PEP, it all depends on when you order them.

CTmxyfz
03-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Stop saying this. Its driving me crazy. I just hope i can have mine within another month at the most.:(

mxgirl
03-12-2004, 09:01 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! 2 months to get your shocks back from Denton??

We've been calling Denton and they haven't been returning our calls either... it's been a week.

And I feel bad for you guys that had to wait 6-7 months from Baldwin. Given the options I'm guess I'm "glad" we sent ours to Denton.

If we don't hear back from Denton today, we're going to ask to have them shipped back asap....

Anybody have the number for TCS?

Once again, thanks for all your input. Hearing what other people have gone thru really puts it into perspective on who you should deal with and who you should think carefully about dealing with.

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by mxgirl
Anybody have the number for TCS?

909-245-7484

A4StrokeGuy
03-12-2004, 11:01 AM
I had TCS rebuild my old PEP front shocks. They did a great job, and for less $$ then they qouted me. I also had the same problem's with PEP and there customer service, knowone would answer the phone so i took my money else where! TCS had great service and i will stick with them in the future also.

jordan

mxgirl
03-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks for TCS's #!!

We're calling them this afternoon.

Dave400ex
03-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Denton deals with TCS so just have them ship them to TCS for you if they will!

mxracer47
03-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Mark Baldwin has good customer service and always answers the phone over there. I just got my new build PEP's in 10 weeks time. Just over what I was quoted. He has been good to me.

Rich

Chanman420q
03-12-2004, 08:20 PM
pep just needs another "baldwin" to build shocks for him. You gotta look at the facts, there shocks are awesome. and obviously everyone is gunna want a shock that performs, so when u get all these people who want them, ur gunna get backed up. Pep just needs more help.

WalshKFX
03-12-2004, 08:33 PM
I ordered peps in December thru Walsh race craft. Thursday I called walsh and cancelled the peps from Wayne and ordered elkas. I knew i would be waiting a long time but a have a race in about a month and need to practice.

nacs400ex
03-13-2004, 08:21 AM
I'm sorry but when your paying that much for shocks, I want them when they say they are going to be ready. I dont care how good the shock is. I would rather buy my Elkas and ride, rather than buy my PEPs and wait. :rolleyes: If your waiting more than 2 months for your shocks I would say you need to give your head a shake.

dawzie
03-13-2004, 11:40 AM
We have had/have three quads with pep shocks. The 1st set we ordered from Baldwin took 8 weeks to get. This was back in June of 2000. in '02 I bought Walsh's Dale with pep's on them and now our new YFZ was built by Walsh and came with peps. Baldwin has always treated us very fair on rebuild prices and we never had to wait more than 2 weeks to get them back.

I've waited months to get Walsh stuff, but you know what, so far it has always been worth the wait.

Buy the best once, get the other stuff then buy the best. Seems like the same amount of time and lots more money.

400grl
03-13-2004, 06:53 PM
I guess that goes back to the old argument of what you consider to be the best then! ;)

toby400ex
03-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
I'm sorry but when your paying that much for shocks, I want them when they say they are going to be ready. I dont care how good the shock is. I would rather buy my Elkas and ride, rather than buy my PEPs and wait. :rolleyes: If your waiting more than 2 months for your shocks I would say you need to give your head a shake. Thats whats called being their ******.

BeltSlipper
03-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Baldwin just rebuilt ours and it took 2.5 weeks, just like he said. And the price was as agreed prior to sending them too him. I would highly recommend Mark . I did business and plan on in the future.