PDA

View Full Version : works shocks

trost66
03-09-2004, 09:16 PM
I just pucased a pair of works triple with ress shocks. I was wondering if it was a smart purchase. They were 500 brand new. Would elkas but couldn't afford them. Hope these will do. Are they worth the money.

Black400
03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
They are diffinately worth the money and a big leap from stock shocks.. Their just not the best on the market.;)

Toadz400
03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Yes they are worth the money. I have Triple rates w/ rezzies and they are valved for way over my weight, and they still work great. I've ridden on Elkas and I still love my Works. Unless you plan on doing 90 ft jumps, I don't think you can go wrong with Works as long as they are set up right.

03-10-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Yes they are worth the money. I have Triple rates w/ rezzies and they are valved for way over my weight, and they still work great. I've ridden on Elkas and I still love my Works. Unless you plan on doing 90 ft jumps, I don't think you can go wrong with Works as long as they are set up right. yay..something I can agree with you on

zephead400ex
03-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Yes they are worth the money. I have Triple rates w/ rezzies and they are valved for way over my weight, and they still work great. I've ridden on Elkas and I still love my Works. Unless you plan on doing 90 ft jumps, I don't think you can go wrong with Works as long as they are set up right.

That is exactly what I am thinking. I am going to order some Burguard arms and shocks. I do plan on doing some racing but nothing too serious right now. I think Works shock will suit my riding style just fine. I ride mainly dunes and some local trails.

4TraxRider
03-10-2004, 10:28 AM
I raced on a set of works triple rates with Rezzies and did fine. With the shock covers on, everyone who rode my EX loved the suspension until i told them it was works. You'll love them. Goodluck with them.