PDA

View Full Version : Air box trouble

logan
03-09-2004, 08:09 PM
hey guy listen to this. I rode all winter with out my air box lid and now it is nice out and i ran like crap i put it back on and now it runs great. could you tell me y that is?

thanks, Logan

James Parent
03-09-2004, 08:21 PM
what does your plug look like?

exrider123
03-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by logan
hey guy listen to this. I rode all winter with out my air box lid and now it is nice out and i ran like crap i put it back on and now it runs great. could you tell me y that is?

thanks, Logan

It's because of your jetting. You can take it back off if you want and rejet your carb were you running to rich or too lean? If too lean up your main jet by one size and if you were to rich lower your main by one size.

You can tell if your rich or lean by checking your plug if it has black soot build up your to rich and if it is white and blistered your to lean.

Also another way of telling is if your exhaust color is black your to rich and if it is white your to lean, your exhasut should be clear when jetted right.

03-09-2004, 08:24 PM
u were a little bit too lean and when u put ur lid back on it richened it back up a little.

logan
03-11-2004, 04:02 PM
it was to lean

cals400ex
03-12-2004, 12:27 AM
from what i could understand it sounded like the bike ran good with the lid off in the winter but it ran good with the lid on in the warmer weather??? :huh

something seems out of place here.
i could understand this if it ran like crap in the winter with the lid off.

it would make sense if it ran good in winter with the lid on and in the hotter weather you need to take the lid off.

miken
03-12-2004, 07:35 AM
The colder the air the more dense, meaning more Oxygen (at sea level). Taking off your lid should have mean't rejet to smaller jets? Maybe your elevation is counteracting. The higher the elevation the less oxygen?
Strange?
Mike -