PDA

View Full Version : Honda 250EX VS. Suzuki Z250

Meh!
03-09-2004, 07:11 PM
What one of these do you guys think is better? I am just getting into this really. Right now I have a 200S three wheeler which is starting to get old and my dad has a Rancher 350. I think he might be getting me a 250 of some make/kind but I really don't know which is better. I compared them and technically the Suzuki is nearly 20CC more than the Honda and it has more ground clearance than Honda. The Honda 250 does weigh less though. I know Honda is good and I normally would of considered anything else until I started comparing these two. Oh and they are both shaft drive(What my dad wants me to have) and they both have electric start. The Suzuki has independent A arms on front and the Honda has Dual wishbone. Which is better and why?

Help me folks. Oh and I really couldn't figure out what forum this was supposed to be in so please move this accordingly if need be.

Thanks!:D

sly400ex
03-09-2004, 07:14 PM
First off, welcome to the site, plenty of good info and folks!!:D

I read an article, and the honda was dominant in just about every category and also won the shoot out...so I'd say go red!!:D

Meh!
03-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
First off, welcome to the site, plenty of good info and folks!!:D

I read an article, and the honda was dominant in just about every category and also won the shoot out...so I'd say go red!!:D
Yeh, my gut told me to go red. I want to hear a few others thoughts too and does the more CC help the Suzuki in anyway, or the more ground clearance?:cool:

Berry
03-09-2004, 07:42 PM
i had a 250ex when i was just getting into sport quads and i liked it ok, as a beginner. but i outgrew it. not literally, the size is ok, but the power got old, shocks got old, basic stuff. both these 250s are made for beginners, so if your a beginner i would say heck yea. but if you plan on doing a little mx, jumping, things like that id probally go with a 300 or 400ex. thats my opinion, cya

sly400ex
03-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Here's an article for ya...

http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/detail.asp?id=217

Meh!
03-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Berry
id probally go with a 300 or 400ex. thats my opinion, cya
Yeh that is something I kicked out their but it was made known to me he didn't want me to have that much power and he doesn't have that much to spend..:(

250ex03
03-09-2004, 08:02 PM
i have a 250ex but mine is more like go yellow lol

but anyways i like my 250ex but im getting rid of it in the spring cuz theres like no sence in having it once u out gro the power and i only had mine a year so far but i would saystart out with clutch so when u get older u dont have to worry about learning it

good luck!!

Meh!
03-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 250ex03
i have a 250ex but mine is more like go yellow lol

but anyways i like my 250ex but im getting rid of it in the spring cuz theres like no sence in having it once u out gro the power and i only had mine a year so far but i would saystart out with clutch so when u get older u dont have to worry about learning it

good luck!!

I can ride clutch somewhat..friend has a 400ex..

But man, you gotta remember their isn't a bike under 3k with a clutch is their? :confused:

BIGRED400
03-10-2004, 04:22 AM
My son started out on 1 , good bulletproof quad:D

Meh!
03-10-2004, 06:05 AM
Thanks guys!

Anyone else got thoughts on this subject or should is this all I need to know?;)

03-10-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Meh!
I can ride clutch somewhat..friend has a 400ex..

But man, you gotta remember their isn't a bike under 3k with a clutch is their? :confused:

a used 400ex goes for about 3k just fyi:)

xr50layke
03-10-2004, 06:55 AM
your dad doesnt want you to have too much power? is that so you cant pass him on straights :rolleyes: tell your dad to put a c*ck in it :devil: jk

Meh!
03-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by member
a used 400ex goes for about 3k just fyi:)

Yeh, we have discussed used, but again it comes down to whether or not he wants me to have that much power and I don't think we really want to buy used. We don't know how hard they have been ridden ect. That and Little Sahara is within 2 hours of here so many of the bikes are just plain wore out beaters..

LMAO @ xr50layke!

David28
03-10-2004, 02:13 PM
I say go for a used 300 or 400ex if you already have some riding experience you will out grow the 250 way too fast.....also if your friend has a 400 you dont want to be in the dust all the time

Meh!
03-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by David28
I say go for a used 300 or 400ex if you already have some riding experience you will out grow the 250 way too fast.....also if your friend has a 400 you dont want to be in the dust all the time

I have some riding experience, but not much. I don't get to ride with that friend often really anyway though. And my dad really doesn't want to get used. I will probably just ride this 250 till next year when I can get a job and get my own, by then I will for sure have enough experience and a way to pay for a 400..

Your probably right though.

xr50layke
03-10-2004, 02:57 PM
when you say your dad doesnt want you to have too much power, just to let you know, when you go wide open on a 250ex, lets just feel theres more G's on an escalader than a 250ex. you wont be doing uncontrollable catwalks or burn outs for the girls, sorry. a 400ex doesnt really have all that much power, it has torque. i think your ready for a 400ex. your dad..i dunno, you should explain this to him. power and speed is only there if YOU want it to be! you should get something that wont need to be replaced by something bigger in a few years. get a 400ex if you can, theyre like 2800 sometimes.

Meh!
03-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
when you say your dad doesnt want you to have too much power, just to let you know, when you go wide open on a 250ex, lets just feel theres more G's on an escalader than a 250ex. you wont be doing uncontrollable catwalks or burn outs for the girls, sorry. a 400ex doesnt really have all that much power, it has torque. i think your ready for a 400ex. your dad..i dunno, you should explain this to him. power and speed is only there if YOU want it to be! you should get something that wont need to be replaced by something bigger in a few years. get a 400ex if you can, theyre like 2800 sometimes.

I do agree I do.

No matter how much convincing I do though it doesnt work.:(