PDA

View Full Version : Walnut mx

1fastprototype
03-09-2004, 06:58 PM
This is a district 17 race for mx. It is just north of princton IL north of I-80 in Walnut IL.

03-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey Jeff,

I want to race at Walnut, I drove down to ride 2 weeks ago but turned around when I saw all the people and the way they organized it. They have no choice with that many people but I just did not like the 15min then you are out routine especially for 20 bucks. When they have races will I get more then one or two 15 mins on the track to get used to it? I like to ride the trakc slow a couple times before I go big to see hwo it is set up. I will not race there if I can not get enough lap time on it to be comftorable. Also are they open during the week? I would like to head down there on a weekday when it is not very crowded.

1fastprototype
03-10-2004, 08:33 PM
The 15 min and out actually works out pretty well. That is about how long your race will be on race days so it is realistic. I have been there on crowded saturdays before and got out there 4 times which is plenty. I also like to take the first lap slow, walking the track prior gets you mentally prepared so one good slow lap and you are ready to test things out. Then each consecutive time out you are warmed up and ready to take on more challenges. With the down time in between you can go check out areas you had trouble with or just needed more thought. Try it you will not be unsatisfied. If they are running sat I will be there look me up.

03-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Its not the only 15 minute track time that bothers me, its the long wait in between. I just want to get in enough practice time before I race it you know. When you go on race days do you get there at 8? I'll head down if the weather is nice Saturday. What class are you racing in?

QCquad83
03-10-2004, 10:43 PM
hey man not to rag on you or anything look at it this way.......many tracks don't ever let you practice on a track before your 4 lap practice that day. so you being able to go and practice there other days is a huge plus......that is one reason for different classes.....c riders won't be able to jump everything because they need more practice to feel comfortable with just rolling over a jump once and then jumping the whole thing next time and same thing with b riders.....it just takes time for you to feel comfortable to to do that like it took me a while.......i mean that is part of racing if they let everyone practice for as long as they wanted everyone would be able to do everything and no one would have an advantage over anyone.......All it takes is practice and time on your bike to feel comfortable to jump certain jumps..........I know that walnut is a very fogiving track and that you should come out there and race if it is some of your first races......and if you have any questions on what are easy jumps what r more difficult...what gears to hit jumps in i know most of the quad riders out there are very helpful.....this is one of the best quad tracks in the Distric and i feel no matter what skill level you are this is probable the best place to start........hey man hope to see you there.....what do you ride, mods, #?

1fastprototype
03-11-2004, 05:25 AM
Like I said that down time gives you needed time for adjustments to dial in your quad to perfection for that specific track and conditions. Also time to talk to others and rewalk the track to check on changing lines or specific jumps you might of had trouble with. As for classes I will be running A and plus 30. I will be driving a grey chevy dually with 24 foot white enclosed trailer fill free to stop by if you want I can walk the track with you.

Quad12
03-11-2004, 07:21 AM
Hey "1fastprototype" What number do you run? Have you raced much down at Walnut?

1fastprototype
03-11-2004, 12:28 PM
I haven't done any competition mx in many years, I won the district for harescrambles this past season and am planning to do more mx this year. I did go to alot of the open rides at walnut just for the workout. I will be running #11 on my machines this year. With all the new classes for quads this season they didn't want to give out the #1 so they gave me 11 since it was the lowest # available. All my machines had #32 on them last year. I am pretty easy to find, The only Service Honda quad out there as of right now the rest of the production models just came back from powder coating and are being assembled.

roostin_dale
03-11-2004, 02:59 PM
I will be there this saturday..it will be my first time up there..can someone give me a routine on how everything goes up there? Like from the minute you get there, how everything goes? thanks alot

03-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Does anyone know if Walnut is open weekdays? Just so you guys no, there are races Saturday at Walnut but no practice for quads from 8-1:30, dirtbike practices, only dirtbikes. Quad practice is at 1:30 then racing shortly after.
sunset ridge mx
CHeck out www.sunsetridgemx.com

1fastprototype
03-12-2004, 02:19 AM
not open during the week

dirtriderex
03-13-2004, 02:58 PM
The riding time suxs, that is why I only do harescrambles. It['s well worth your $$, try Wedron for a harescramble. Peace

QCquad83
03-14-2004, 08:23 PM
i'm not sure if i'm going to make it out to walnut this weekend the 20....i'm still waiting for some parts but i'm going to bust my butt to get out there........can't wait..........