PDA

View Full Version : Haspin Acres Hare Scramble

RideRedEX
03-09-2004, 06:24 PM
I was wanting to know what all safety equipment you need to race there? Helmet is a given, how about boots, chest protector? Is a kill switch required? Any info or advice about racing there would be great.......

250EXstud
03-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Helmet and I think over the ankle boots for racing. Man its Haspin ACres though 1/2 the people there riding don't even have helmets on.

Lil - Braff
03-09-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure it is just a helmet. I would suggest a chest protector and over the ankle boots, and kill switch but I don't think they require it. If so I doubt they check any way! Are you planning on racing there ridered?

RideRedEX
03-10-2004, 06:39 AM
Me and a couple of friends are planning on going to the March 28th race.

bradley300
03-10-2004, 06:50 AM
well come say hi to me, lil-braff and the rest of the kentuckyriders.com crew, just look for the banner

david kelsch
03-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Haspin acres only requires a helmet. There are helmet police who can kick out violators now. They are volunteers and ride around on ATVs.

We are not a sanctioned event so there is no tech inspection. We do not require a kill switch.

I would take the others advice and have a quality helmet, goggles, and gloves. In addition to that over the ankle boots, long sleeve pants and shirt are also recommended. If you like pain then skip the roost protector. You ever been hit by a spray of rocks and mud chunks?

Hapins is shaping up nicely. I rode my winter project 400ex there last weekend. It was still sloppy in the woods and there were patches of snow and ice yet. The parking lot has had wood chips spread over it. That seems to be working pretty well. The muddy spots weren't all globby and gooey. The dry spots weren't kicking up dust as bad.

Haspins is agreeing to improve some things based on your suggestions and others. Its fuzzy how they will implement and enforce things though. Im a little worried. There is a motocross race on the big track sunday so Ill talk to pete then and work him over a little more.

Thanks again to this website and its users. My quad was awesome. I appreciate the inspiration and technical advice. Im looking forward to racing in the pro class and making it shine.
My new number is 472, because I want to be like number 470 too.

nuttynewt
03-11-2004, 09:01 AM
It'd be nice if they'd give a discount to the racers on the entry fee so it doesn't cost $35 to run there.