PDA

View Full Version : crazy kill switch

duncanracing400
03-09-2004, 06:16 PM
ok, heres how it goes.

im riding threw out 50 ft long whoops section topped out 2nd gear, about half way, things get kinda shakey, and my kill switch gets turned off..... and u know the rest of the story...BAM front end hits the next whoop and i go flying....... is there any way to take that annoying switch out? or could i just buy one of thouse tether kill switch's? would that fix it? im 2 dam scared to go threw em now with that kill switch, and im losing valubal time on the track, and right after out whoops, theres a 30 ft step up that u can only clear if u hal *** on the whoops, PLZ HELP ME OUT BROS

quad_quazy
03-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Yes you can. I got rid of the whole darn assy including light switch. You can buy a 3 position weatherproof switch for your headlights and put it right on top of the light housing. For the wiring on the handlebar kill swith you can cut them down, strip them, solder them together, and either heat shrink (recomended) of wrap tape around them. When you do that the only way to kill the motor will be the key. You can install a kill switch if you want but if you don't race any "indoor" races it's just one more thing to go wrong or accidentally pull out like I did last weekend at an indoor race. Good luck.