PDA

View Full Version : crazy kill switch

duncanracing400
03-09-2004, 06:14 PM
ok, heres how it goes.

im riding threw out 50 ft long whoops section topped out 2nd gear, about half way, things get kinda shakey, and my kill switch gets turned off..... and u know the rest of the story...BAM front end hits the next whoop and i go flying....... is there any way to take that annoying switch out? or could i just buy one of thouse tether kill switch's? would that fix it? im 2 dam scared to go threw em now with that kill switch, and im losing valubal time on the track, and right after out whoops, theres a 30 ft step up that u can only clear if u hal *** on the whoops, PLZ HELP ME OUT BROS

EXerHonda400
03-09-2004, 06:19 PM
look at your wiring diagram and see what two wires go to your kill switch and cut one of them but make sure it is the right one and then put some electrical tape on the end of it so it don't touch any thing and ground our short out.

03-09-2004, 07:39 PM
no dont cut it. Just tilt the whole thing back so ur thumb wont turn it off ive had that happen to me on my 300 and sopme guy whaled my pipe.

EXerHonda400
03-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Well i am an electrical person so i am not to concerned about cutting wires, but if your not electrically inclined then i guess i wouldn't do this. But it's not like you really need the switch or anything. You can just buy a nice prodesign to take it's place.