PDA

View Full Version : realters as sand tires?

iski3
03-05-2002, 06:28 PM
Anyone tried to use Pure Sport realters turned backwards as sand tires? This is what they say they can be used for.:confused:

01ytrx400ex
03-07-2002, 04:53 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Are they too heavy? Anyone?

rhandw69
03-07-2002, 04:59 PM
I had them on my brother in laws Warrior. They are heavy and they really didnt hook up that well once in the sand. They are very good for mud, snow and gravel.

03-11-2002, 07:50 PM
I use Realtors turned backwards on a modified 55HP Polaris Sport.
I think they work better than regular tread designs in the sand but not as good as a pure paddle tire.
I bought them because a paddle tire maufacturer told me that if I wanted to use them in snow a true paddle tire would freeze and crack on the paddles, so I bought the Realtors and have been very satisfied for dual use of summer & winter.
They work very well in the snow; on packed snow my sport will lift the front end off the line.
tread were is also very good on snow & sand.

The weight isn't an issue with higher HP & aluminum wheels.

I would recomend them highly for dual season use.

iski3
03-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the replies, I have heard good and bad. I may give them a try. I like the duel purpose use. I don't make that many sand trips, so paddles would not get used much.

04-03-2002, 06:38 PM
I love my tires but just to let you know they wear down really fast it you use them on tough dirt or pavment.

04-03-2002, 06:44 PM
I love my tires but just to let you know they wear down really fast it you use them on tough dirt or pavment. I have a 440 ex with a web cam and valve springs. In first when I drop the clutch I really have to hold on the really hook up. I also have used them for snow. Just don't stop in the snow, other wise you'll never get back up and going again. They just keep on digging up everything and not making you go striaght.